Recluse's Victory and incarnate powers

macskull

RV and incarnate powers  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What should be done about incarnate powers and high-level PvP?

• The current system is fine
    • Disable all incarnate powers in RV
    • Disable all non-alpha incarnate powers in RV
    • Keep RV as-is but make a new level 50 zone with incarnate powers disabled

RV feels horrible with non-alpha incarnates in addition to the other nonsense you can do listed above. 

Also splitting between 2 zones would never work especially with the player base size. Even if you preferred one over the other, you’d have to conform to the more populated one anyway as it’s player vs player

Even without preferences involved, the zone with incarnates would die off first. Why? The barrier to entry is way steeper and would have less of an influx of newer players, which you need to keep a Player vs player zone active. 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2020 at 11:55 AM, Glacier Peak said:

I voted to disable all incarnates, but I also support Alpha-only access as well. RV is such a unique zone thematically - I recently spent a great deal of time doing PvE content in the zone, (badges, xp grinding) and it was enjoyable. BUT! The moment an enemy player shows up, that's when I get to enjoy the zone  the most. You are fighting for control of the future, what's not to like! Subjectivity aside, I wholly support the opportunity to improve the zone with these suggestions, and I hope the results of this thread are both easy to implement by our volunteer devs and are built on a consensus from the community (particularly those who PvP here often). Great thread @macskull!

This is why I like having PvE mobs in the zones (so definitely dont want them removed).  I like having something to do in a sometimes empty zone.  I also like fighting for the objective in RV like you mention. 

• Like 1

First of all I must say i'm all for alpha only PvP zone at level 50.

However I would say the most "fair" option would be to clone or make a new zone with alpha only (and add a variation of the other changes that have been discussed in the beta PvP thread.)

Then the people that have been playing under the current system in the zones can keep doing just that, if they wish.

People have been saying that it might split the community  to have two different zones with two different rule sets, but honestly those running around fully incarnated will probably keep doing so.

But now they could also have the option to play in a zone more geared after the arena style of play and maybe they would like that better when they try it out.

Having a synergy between how zone PvP and arena works is a good thing,but there will always be people who only do zone PvP because it always was a lot more casual friendly.

You can just jump in and PvP without having to log in at set time or wait 10+ minutes for the arena event to start.

So if making a new zone(or clone) with alpha only is not to much work for the devs I would say that would be the best option. 

The more vocal arena pvpers gets what they want and same with the PvPers that tend to be in the zones more.

• Like 1

I voted to disable all non alpha incarnate powers. 

Don't create a copy of the zone that allows incarnates. This would only work if we had a large population of PvPers to where you could still get good coverage in both instances of the zone, which isn't the case. 

Echoing what @M3zsaid regarding the nerfing of archanos or , particularly the spider queens. They are grossly overpowered relative to the Longbow. 

On 11/1/2020 at 6:57 AM, Sessa said:

First of all I must say i'm all for alpha only PvP zone at level 50.

However I would say the most "fair" option would be to clone or make a new zone with alpha only (and add a variation of the other changes that have been discussed in the beta PvP thread.)

Then the people that have been playing under the current system in the zones can keep doing just that, if they wish.

People have been saying that it might split the community  to have two different zones with two different rule sets, but honestly those running around fully incarnated will probably keep doing so.

But now they could also have the option to play in a zone more geared after the arena style of play and maybe they would like that better when they try it out.

Having a synergy between how zone PvP and arena works is a good thing,but there will always be people who only do zone PvP because it always was a lot more casual friendly.

You can just jump in and PvP without having to log in at set time or wait 10+ minutes for the arena event to start.

So if making a new zone(or clone) with alpha only is not to much work for the devs I would say that would be the best option. 

The more vocal arena pvpers gets what they want and same with the PvPers that tend to be in the zones more.

There is no division between Arena and Zone folk, and saying zone is "more casual friendly" is really disingenuous.

You don't get nearly the level of toxicity and personal harassment that happens in zones. You actually get more in-game help and suggestions from any number of the new-player centric discords and events that have popped up to help people make a more informed leap into PvP.