The Best Tank in the Game is a Bio Armor Stalker

jackalcoh

12 hours ago, Machariel said:

regardless of how sturdy you can make /bio, the fact that the rest of the team died means it can't be the best tank, since even an invincible stalker can't hold aggro well enough >__>

Pfft, Vargr all the way 😉

• Like 2

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

To the OP

This is my Stalker's Stats. His stats are about as good as you are going to get on a Stalker. Capped Resist to all but Psi, Negative and Toxic, Psi is near cap missing the mark by less than 1%, Negative is 15% from Cap. Defense is soft capped to Melee and Regen is at 441% and that is without Melee Core which brings it up to 713% Regen. I stood Zero chance.

screenshot_201030-16-01-54.thumb.jpg.f71c1927992fc02f26839348ab1524dd.jpg

Edited by Solarverse

48 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I have seen far too many posts from blasters saying they can tank. It's sad really.

I could find a way to do it with a blaster.

I won't, because it would be a ridiculous amount of work and easier to accomplish with a defender.  Or, you know, an actual tank.

But I could.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

15 hours ago, Machariel said:

regardless of how sturdy you can make /bio, the fact that the rest of the team died means it can't be the best tank, since even an invincible stalker can't hold aggro well enough >__>

Except the actual Tank that was on the team died.... so i guess he's not the best tank either.

Except I outlived him (the tank) and kept fighting long long long after he died.

38 minutes ago, jackalcoh said:

Except the actual Tank that was on the team died.... so i guess he's not the best tank either.

Except I outlived him (the tank) and kept fighting long long long after he died.

you may have been the most individually survivable character on the team, no arguing that (though with IOs etc any given powerset/AT can wind up in that spot).

but, part of a tank's role is not just not dying but keeping the rest of your team alive by holding aggro (which stalkers are not good at), and, the title of this thread is "best tank in the game" which is quite an audacious claim 🙂

what you are actually describing is really scrapperlock, which is now Not Just For Scrappers™️

Edited by Machariel

The best tank in the game is the one on the team effectively holding aggro, while stomping/stunning/bashing the enemies, surviving their attacks and minimizing the damage to the squishies on the team. I couldn't care less what powersets they use, I don't even care about their AT if they are effectively 'tanking'.

Effective tanker > FotM Tank.

🙂

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.