If you had a free day to start the ULTIMATE sentinel

honoroit

On 10/30/2020 at 8:31 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Fire/Bio. Hands down.

I've done beam/bio, fire/nin, fire/sr, ice/sr, rad/regen, nrg/inv, nrg/nrg and those are just the ones I've not deleted within a few levels.

For absolute purity of tankmagery goodness, fire/bio all the way.

FIre/Rad is the original Sentinel TankMage.

The lack of damage output relative to a Fire/ Blaster or Corruptor won’t -feel- right but between Inferno and Ground Zero (mini nuke) you just wade in and solo everything.  Add /Dark for damage boost and you truly are a TankMage.

DP/SR/Ninja ain’t a bad combo either post 45 or so.  Nothing quite like exceeding Incarnate Softcap on +DEF well before you even reach Incarnate levels.  It’s the original “Matrix” or John Wick build.

• 4 weeks later
On 11/13/2020 at 7:20 AM, SeraphimKensai said:

I understand you were talking about electrical blast, but I have an elec/bio stalker that can solo AVs from Posi2 and up.

Electric Melee is another one of those "available to all, but best on a specific AT" sets, too. In this case it is Stalkers because instead of Lightning Clap and Confront they get Assassin's Strike (fixing Melee's single-target issues) and Placate (not used on a lot of endgame builds, but nice for extra crits while leveling).

As far as Sentinels, I feel like my Dark/Nin/Soul Sentinel is bulkier than he has any right to be, but Life Drain is a bit too lacking next to Electric or Fire's extra damage to put things down, and Nin's healing tricks are matched by Bio and lacks the movement buffs. Elec/Bio or Fire/Bio are obnoxiously good.

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

I see this thread originated over a month ago and OP is probably done with t4 incarnates by now.  If I had noticed this thread, I would have suggested something/Regen.  I have a /Bio and really dig it, but Regen plays so differently than on the melee ATs (it's GOOD!) that it's worth checking out.

... I should know better than to read threads like this (they feed my alt-itis BIG TIME!), but I was curious...

... and now I'm off to roll a dozen more alts. So... thanks.

... I guess.... 😛

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:27 AM, Hedgefund said:

I see this thread originated over a month ago and OP is probably done with t4 incarnates by now.  If I had noticed this thread, I would have suggested something/Regen.  I have a /Bio and really dig it, but Regen plays so differently than on the melee ATs (it's GOOD!) that it's worth checking out.

Elec bio is now 35, it's great. Dunno if the survivability will last but worst I ever seem to have to do is flip the adaptation. 

The sentinel is... there. It seems to hit hard enough when I notice, but don't much. 

Good enough aoe so far, gonna try to find some kind of melee?? with patron pool, if any exist. 

32 aoe is up all the time, smacks and I don't have it right slotted yet. Not blaster huge, but maybe enough... when all the 50 S rolling... to punch hard enough more frequently. 

Extreme dmg ST hold still superstar. 

On 10/29/2020 at 10:07 PM, honoroit said:

Tomorrow I have a free day, and I've NEVER rolled sentinel. 

Is /bio the business? 

Is dark blast insane? 

Do you rad/rad in madness? 

Where do you say to yourself 'this can only be on sentinel'? 

What would you choose, what would it be, if you had one day to get hooked hard on sentinel? 

What anime is this? Demon Slayer?

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

On 12/13/2020 at 3:08 AM, honoroit said:

Elec bio is now 35, it's great. Dunno if the survivability will last but worst I ever seem to have to do is flip the adaptation. 

The sentinel is... there. It seems to hit hard enough when I notice, but don't much. 

Good enough aoe so far, gonna try to find some kind of melee?? with patron pool, if any exist. 

32 aoe is up all the time, smacks and I don't have it right slotted yet. Not blaster huge, but maybe enough... when all the 50 S rolling... to punch hard enough more frequently. 

My elec/bio basically takes the alpha hits on teams, survivability is very high and damage is (as discussed above) middlin.  But he's really not ever in a lot of risk (esp as he hovers).  My TW/bio scrap had issues on a +4 ITF but this elec/bio sent just hovers above the mobs.

• Like 1

I was looking at sentinels as an option.  what about /willpower as a secondary? Offers some resistance and has fast healing which is good for a ranged AT. Not sure how tanky it could be.  Bio seems to be the most popular choice, followed by /electric, but man bio is fugly.  

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 11:09 AM, Incursion said:

Bio seems to be the most popular choice, followed by /electric, but man bio is fugly.  

You take that back! 😀

Its all about how you justify the look. In the case of my Fire/Bio Sentinel  Mind Blaze, his fire powers are of psychoplasmic origin--emergent flame as a result of projections from the psychic plane.

1623390812_MindBlaze.png.7a9a4c9ba9bf61a51832de9856828352.png

Yeah, yeah. . .it is probably time to update the costume. I'm thinking something with a heavily white base.

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 12:09 PM, Incursion said:

I was looking at sentinels as an option.  what about /willpower as a secondary? Offers some resistance and has fast healing which is good for a ranged AT. Not sure how tanky it could be.  Bio seems to be the most popular choice, followed by /electric, but man bio is fugly.  

Willpower just isn't as strong on Sentinels as it is on melee.  You can make Willpower fairly durable but Sentinel's don't have the hit point scaling to really abuse regeneration rates.  The regeneration toggle on Sentinels doesn't scale with enemies, period.  It is a flat rate.  You can build around 700%+ regeneration with 2000 hit points.  That's not nearly as impressive as what melee builds can achieve, even Scrappers.  

If all you do is hover at range and pew pew then Willpower is fine.  *Any* set is fine if that is your game plan.  However, the investment it takes to push Willpower's defenses to compete with other, stronger, sets will quickly show you how fragile Willpower really is.  

Willpower is OK on Sentinels.  It isn't terrible but it isn't great when compared with other options.  Invulnerability for Sentinels had an overhaul.  It is functionally superior to Willpower in almost every way except against Psi damage.  With the right set items you can plug that psi resist to modest levels while having a clutch heal in Dull Pain.  Sentinel Invulnerability is quite powerful.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later
On 12/13/2020 at 1:08 AM, honoroit said:

Psi mastery will add single target damage. Use mine probe and dominate with procs

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later
  • 3 months later
On 10/30/2020 at 2:01 PM, nihilii said:

Elec/Bio is IMHO the "this can only be on Sentinels".

I'm not talking about sheer power, although that build has it in spades as a result of what I'm actually talking about.

From the Elec side, you get a proper T3 blast and your no-damage hold turned into a proper T4 blast. Coupled with Voltaic Sentinel, it suddenly makes your single target damage competitive with Fire Blast.

Thunderous Blast is originally the slowest recharging nuke in the game. Probably, the devs saw it fit to balance the ability to use it at range, and its massive endurance drain. On Sentinels, TB gets the standard base recharge of 90 seconds while keeping range and massive end drain. On a highend build you're opening every fight with that nuke, and you're sapping all your enemies to 0 or close to it.

This all makes for an unique Elec Blast experience. Where other versions are filled with complaints about end drain being useless and damage being too low, Sentinel Elec Blast fixes all these aspects.

Now for /bio.

Offensive Adaptation + Athletic Regulation + Genomic Evolution. That's it.

We're not talking about damage, nor survivability, nor anything we tend to name in these discussions. However, those three powers together give you something unique: massive unsuppressed movement speed. As in, "pretty close to the speed cap with just Sprint" fast.

Not necessarily the best combo (although probably up there). But when it comes to unique aspects you won't get somewhere else, look no more.

Would you mind sharing your build? You might have sold me on it. 🙃