Launcher keeps prompting for runtime install

HSV2006

• 2 weeks later

@Number Six  I saw you said in another thread you had fixed the launcher for those of us that had the issue with it not loading after clicking Accept.  (thank you )

And it did indeed work for me, the launcher will load up and launch the game however it is still asking for the Visual C runtime as described above.

I installed it, repaired and uninstalled and reinstall. It still gives the same pop-up every time I open the launcher.

And I believe it is not launching the game in 64 bit, if I am correct in understanding the settings:

864323786_launset.jpg.d2a38361b2e87ec273f728207e916748.jpg

Suggestion for how to fix this? 

• City Council

Are you able to run the 64-bit client through Tequila?

There is an issue that it's not remembering the 'No' choice if you tell it not to install the runtime -- that will be fixed soon. But the detection method is so simple and common I'm not really seeing how it could possibly fail. Maybe if antivirus or something decided to block crtcheck.exe.

1 hour ago, Number Six said:

Are you able to run the 64-bit client through Tequila?

Yes, I am . 

1 hour ago, Number Six said:

Maybe if antivirus or something decided to block crtcheck.exe.

This is a new Windows install and haven't got around to getting an Antivirus installed yet

• 3 weeks later

I am also unable to run the game as 64-bit through the new launcher, while being able to do it via Tequila.  In fact the launcher itself is also 32-bit.

Likewise the launcher requested me to download and install the 2015-2019 redistrib runtime.  Despite the fact that the 2019 runtimes actually cover both 2015 and 2017.  In fact when I do my normal c++ AIO update in the future, the 2015-2019 redistrib will be uninstalled since it isn't required.

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 months later

Just noting, I get this same exact behavior when testing on the Win10Pro / Insider Preview / running inside Parallels 16 Beta / running on an M1 Mac Mini.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)