Focused Feedback: PvP Updates

Jimmy

Edit: I have to assume these were not included in the banned powers in PvP zones because they met a certain criteria, however, if they were overlooked, please read on.

The following Day Job Powers are still active while in a PvP zone:

Smoke Bomb

Web Grenade

Beguile

The following Temporary Powers (in no particular order, apologies!) are still active while in a PvP zone:

Underground Transporter

Med Pack

Recovery Serum

Ethereal Shift

Envenomed Daggers

Enchantment of Serafina

Flames of Prometheus

Holiday Spirit

Instant Snow Storm

Architect Comlink also works (opens up the AE menu) while in a PvP zone, though it will not allow you to do anything game breaking based on my testing.

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Another General Feedback Post

While in RV, if you are defeated then place a banned power on auto, and then click 'Go to Hospital', any power selected for auto firing can be activate. The example below in the combat log shows me using Rebirth Core Epiphany after jumping next to a drone and following the method outlined previously.

654045266_PvPPowerTest.jpg.56ecc6471276937226d9e996cbb67b74.jpg

Edit: I wanted to test this with Resurrect instead of going to the hospital, but I didn't have the time. 

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 hours ago, Gibson99 said:

If people want teleport, they need to open the Teleportation power pool. 

Teleport's cast time and hover period make it pretty useless for that sort of thing.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Just now, BrandX said:

Why disable the accolades in PvP zones?  That seems like something that anyone could get really.  Not a big thing for me, but baffling.  I can understand the Incarnate aspects staying out of Recluse.

They are adding PvP-specific accolades to the arena vendors for 10k inf each. That way if you earned the accolades for PvE use you'll still have them, then visit the arena vendor and drop 50k on the PvP-specific ones. It was easier from a code standpoint to do this than to make the PvE and PvP versions mutually exclusive.

• City Council
5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Edit: I have to assume these were not included in the banned powers in PvP zones because they met a certain criteria, however, if they were overlooked, please read on.

The intention for this patch is to ban only toggles/autos/long duration clickies that take no effort to maintain and give stat boosts. From your list I think only Flames of Prometheus and Enchantment of Serafina apply. For the rest of the powers, it's better to first check if they can be fixed to be fair, rather than rush a blanket ban; for example, Ethereal Shift wasn't respecting NoPhase, now it does.

• Thanks 2

Also can we get Enable Non-Arena Temporary Powers to enable all temps, including autos like Amplifiers and Mutation/Fortunes? I like to have control over whether or not those are actually enabled, especially for when I'm messing around with friends seeing how their full PvE builds would do in PvP or stuff like that.

I'm pretty sure those got removed from arena temps and whatever system was used to make that happen just made them not work, period. "Enable non-arena temporary powers" should allow you to use them for sure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Med Pack

Recovery Serum

Envenomed Daggers

Good catch. These are P2W powers which should be banned from zones IMO.

Med Pack heals for the same as a green inspiration and you can carry 100 at a time.

Edited by America's Angel

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

• City Council
20 hours ago, Monos King said:

Also can we get Enable Non-Arena Temporary Powers to enable all temps, including autos like Amplifiers and Mutation/Fortunes? I like to have control over whether or not those are actually enabled, especially for when I'm messing around with friends seeing how their full PvE builds would do in PvP or stuff like that.

Short version: it's more work than it sounds, not happening in Page 1 initial release.

Long technical explanation: the Arena sets two flags on the character, called "modes": kArena and kDisable_Temp. The latter flag is not set if you enable non-Arena temporary powers.

Powers have two parameters: ModesRequired and ModesDisallowed.

• Most temporary powers have ModesDisallowed kDisable_Temp.  If this is the only flag they have, they are disabled by default in the Arena, but enabled when you select non-Arena temporary powers, since that flag will not be present.
  • All Arena-specific temporary powers, including the new Fakkolades, have ModesRequired kArena. This means that they are only available when that mode is set, which happens in the Arena and now also in PVP zones. This flag cannot be toggled; it's always there.
  • Many powers, including every self-buff that was disabled this patch as well as the "real" accolades, have ModesDisallowed kArena. This means they are disabled whenever kArena is enabled, regardless of what kDisable_Temp is doing. As stated, this flag cannot be toggled: if you're in the Arena or a PVP zone, you have it; and for things like the Fakkolades, it has to be this way to make sure you don't end up with two copies of the accolades running.

The solution is, of course, to add a new flag that is just for disabling powers, rather than both enabling and disabling; probably kDisable_PVP, and then go flag most of the powers disabled by kArena to be disabled by kDisable_PVP instead, except for very specific things (like the Fakkolades) that have to be disabled inside the Arena/PVP zones, full stop.

Doing that is enough work that it's not happening for Page 1 release. Possible for an inter-page patch, but likely for Page 2.

• Like 5

On 11/3/2020 at 7:35 PM, Faultline said:

The intention for this patch is to ban only toggles/autos/long duration clickies that take no effort to maintain and give stat boosts. From your list I think only Flames of Prometheus and Enchantment of Serafina apply. For the rest of the powers, it's better to first check if they can be fixed to be fair, rather than rush a blanket ban; for example, Ethereal Shift wasn't respecting NoPhase, now it does.

If that's the case, then I think Frostbite (1 hour auto) and Winter Ward (1 hour auto) dodged the ban. Also, can prestige costumes be unbanned for amusement purposes.

Edit: Upon testing, Winter Ward seems to have no effect in PvP zones but still shows up on the power bar, but Frostbite does still work. Oh also, I'd think that Recovery Serum (4 minute effect duration) that Glacier Peak mentioned would quality for the ban also?

Edited by Dombloo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While you're tweaking PvP, for the love of God can we please change the "outleveling" zone mission contacts? I have no idea why this was ever a thing. At the very least let anyone who can access the zone do the patrol mission for the temp powers, if there's some obscure concern about an exploit with the door missions.

• Thanks 1

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

11 hours ago, Dombloo said:

If that's the case, then I think Frostbite (1 hour auto) and Winter Ward (1 hour auto) dodged the ban. Also, can prestige costumes be unbanned for amusement purposes.

Edit: Upon testing, Winter Ward seems to have no effect in PvP zones but still shows up on the power bar, but Frostbite does still work. Oh also, I'd think that Recovery Serum (4 minute effect duration) that Glacier Peak mentioned would quality for the ban also?

Yeah the P2W powers Glacier Peak listed above should be on the ban list for sure. Recovery Serum nullifies end drain, med pack is infinite green inspirations, and Envenomed Daggers gives everyone a -250% regen power.

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Ehhh, if CoP buffs are out that one should be too, especially since you can get it an infinite number of times.

• City Council
12 hours ago, America's Angel said:

Yeah the P2W powers Glacier Peak listed above should be on the ban list for sure. Recovery Serum nullifies end drain, med pack is infinite green inspirations, and Envenomed Daggers gives everyone a -250% regen power.

• Recovery Serum: agreed, long-duration self buff with no counterplay, should be banned.
  • Med Pack: less clear on this, it requires active action to use, has a 3.33 sec activation time and a rather long recharge time at 1 minute. If it's still a problem with those restrictions it could force heal decay (-50% healing for 20s like Absorb Pain, for example) but I'm not convinced it needs anything right now.
  • Envenomed Dagger: at -250% stackable regen 6 second recharge this power is a problem for sure, however the whole purpose of this power is to help against AV killing, so outright banning it on RV would be too disruptive. I'm thinking instead of making it a -25% non-stackable regen when used against players.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, macskull said:

Ehhh, if CoP buffs are out that one should be too, especially since you can get it an infinite number of times.

Well CoP buffs are auto so that makes sense. Enchantment of Serafina is a very similar to Warburg nukes, have long rech, and you have to do a SF to get them. Don't think those are disrupting anything really, especially since it just isn't good. Not really significant, just play into setting precedents.

Edited by Monos King

49 minutes ago, Faultline said:
  • Recovery Serum: agreed, long-duration self buff with no counterplay, should be banned.
  • Med Pack: less clear on this, it requires active action to use, has a 3.33 sec activation time and a rather long recharge time at 1 minute. If it's still a problem with those restrictions it could force heal decay (-50% healing for 20s like Absorb Pain, for example) but I'm not convinced it needs anything right now.
  • Envenomed Dagger: at -250% stackable regen 6 second recharge this power is a problem for sure, however the whole purpose of this power is to help against AV killing, so outright banning it on RV would be too disruptive. I'm thinking instead of making it a -25% non-stackable regen when used against players.

All sounds good. I'd suggest leaving Med Pack alone for now, then. (Can always tweak later if it becomes a problem.)

• City Council
11 minutes ago, Monos King said:

Well CoP buffs are auto so that makes sense. Enchantment of Serafina is a very similar to Warburg nukes, have long rech, and you have to do a SF to get them. Don't think those are disrupting anything really, especially since it just isn't good. Not really significant, just play into setting precedents.

You're probably right since it only lasts one minute, I guess we just haven't defined what counts as "long duration" clickie yet. 

34 minutes ago, Monos King said:

It was my understanding that the WB nukes were still allowed because they were temp powers you could obtain in a PvP zone. Same for Shivans.

12 hours ago, macskull said:

It was my understanding that the WB nukes were still allowed because they were temp powers you could obtain in a PvP zone. Same for Shivans.

I gather that's part of it, as must be the case with all of the Siren's Call zone control temps. But it also comes down to the nature of the nukes, which are clicks. Faultline knows best here. We're apparently moving onto removing some clicks too now, but I don't see much reason for EoS to be one of them. This should probably be evaluated on case by case basis (I'd be willing to do this, I have every temp anyway) on how disruptive they are, and how obtainable they are. The most I can say we would all agree with is disabling of all armor temp toggles and autos.

• Thanks 1

Since mez and slow useless for now I have suggestion to make.

Make all mez give some kind of debuff

immobilize's become slow. Sufficent slow cause immobilize
hold's become -damage. Sufficent -damage cause hold.
Stun's become -Recharge. Sufficent -recharge cause stun.
Sleep's become -Recovery -End. Sufficent -Recovery , -End (or commonly said sapper build) became Sleep.
Confuse's become -Def. Sufficent -Def causes confusion.
Fear's become To hit debuff. Sufficent To hit debuff cause fear. (I know there are too many to hit debuff on dark powersets anyway but can't think anything else fitting.)

Now that said I don't like current mez system because it literally last 2-4 seconds sometimes not even that.
With this system in place even if you can't mez them you can actually debuff them which turns into mez.

All debuffs cleared to turn them into mez. And every mez should be in own's type. So you caused immobilized but now you can't hold them for 10 seconds because reasons. It should changed that probably like how confuse mez has own seperate timer.

• City Council

Build 3 - November 7th, 2020

PvP Updates

PvP Accolades

• Arena vendors now sell the following PvP-only fakkolades (fake knockoff accolades) for 10,000 influence each:
    • BA_Poortal_Jockey.png.00ae78a82b014ece28ed5b2fffee1821.png Veteran
      • Combined the four +HP / +End accolades
    • BA_Eye_Of_The_Magus.png.0c56decfbade381310347fb37f9ff606.png Indestructible
      • Combines Eye of the Magic / Demonic Aura and Elusive Mind
    • BA_Geas_Of_Kind_Ones.png.3dea273b8e5a87396b5796e911e57c50.png Supercharger
      • Copy of Geas of the Kind Ones / Force of Nature
    • BA_Vanguard_Medal.png.b92cefaec3544f017e24bb5572e7b585.png Mind Games
      • Copy of Vanguard Medal / Megalomaniac
    • BA_Crey_Pistol.png.45de1d57a58d9e25db9acc18caff81a7.png Nullifier
      • Copy of Crey CBX-9 Pistol / Stolen Immobilizer Ray
    • AlignmentPower_CalltoJustice.png.3caade586752209cd8b1a836c11bb537.png Justice
      • Copy of Call to Justice, the Hero alignment power
      • No longer revokes Rampage when purchased, instead they now share a cooldown
    • AlignmentPower_Frenzy.png.2340dc3652b70caa9cf690902e6c7ade.png Rampage
      • Copy of Frenzy, the Villain alignment power
      • No longer revokes Justice when purchased, instead they now share a cooldown
  • Updated the names of these powers
  • Using a accolade will put the non-PvP version of it on cooldown (and vice-versa)
  • These can be deleted when you no longer want them
  • Normal accolade & alignment powers are now disabled in the Arena and in PvP zones

New Arena Map: Liberty Town (2-32 players)

• A new arena map using an area from Founder's Falls
  • Minimap:
Spoiler

map_Arena_Founders_01.png.5950b2be8e10fa8695b9d07a17037697.png

New Arena Map: Boomtown (2-16 players)

• A new arena map using the construction site area of Boomtown
  •  Minimap:
Spoiler

map_Arena_Boomtown_01.png.eba5ad064ded3e08b3f1f78e7074cae8.png

New Arena Map: Ouroboros (2-16 players)

• A new arena map featuring the destroyed version of Ouroboros
  • Minimap:
Spoiler

map_Arena_Ouroboros_01.png.f4ef647ed8934e4a021ca7589836ca72.png

New Arena Map: Last Bastion (2-16 players)

• A new arena map set in a mostly-destroyed Praetoria
  • Minimap:
Spoiler

map_Arena_Praetoria_01.png.a6cabb4f3ed63be270fdb39bc8e66599.png

New Arena Map: Praetorian Office (2-10 players)

• A new arena map set inside a Praetorian Office
  • Minimap:
Spoiler

image.png.e6129987789099815692f802eea2d215.png

New Arena Map: Industrial (2-16 players)

• A new arena map set in an Industrial area
  • The old Industrial map is now named Factory
  • Minimap:
Spoiler

map_Arena_Industrial_02.png.1a4af6b787675d5e308b369dce262000.png

New Arena Map: Council Earth (2-16 players)

• A new arena map set on the Council Earth
  • Minimap:
Spoiler

map_Arena_Outdoor_01.png.059b88228e14eea4be20af660e6084d3.png

New Arena Map: Luna Square (2-16 players)

• A new arena map set in a generic outdoor city area
  • Minimap:
Spoiler

map_Arena_Outdoor_02.png.e0e7ffda1911250fe3a04efd4d7e46f4.png

New Arena Map: Dam Interior (2-10 players)

• A new arena map set inside the Overbrook (Faultline) Dam
  • Minimap:
Spoiler

map_Arena_Dam_Interior.png.efbfa84828a7d34d17afa7bd6bfde699.png

Other Arena Maps

• Fixed the minimap for Cage Match, Factory, Stadium, Atlas Park, Steel Canyon and Skyway City
    • Added new minimaps for Atlas Park, Steel Canyon and Skyway City
    • Known issue: Most of the others are broken and still need fixing
  • The arena map list is now sorted alphabetically

Powers Disabled in PvP

• All Incarnate powers apart from the Alpha slot are now disabled in Recluse's Victory
    • Fixed being able to activate Incarnate powers after respawning
  • PvP zones now obey the same rules as the arena when it comes to banning powers
    • This means that anything previously disabled in the Arena will now be disabled in PvP zones
    • Arena temporary powers now work in PvP zones
  • The following powers are now disabled in the Arena and in PvP zones:
    • Most Mayhem / Safeguard powers
    • Empowerment Station buffs crafted in bases
    • Most Day Job powers
    • Cathedral of Pain buffs
    • Various prestige / temporary powers
  • Complete list of disabled powers:
    • New powers in this update at the bottom of the list
Spoiler
  • Increase_Recovery (from Mayhem/Safeguard)
  • Mayhem_Increase_Movement_Speed
  • Mayhem_Increase_Endurance
  • Mayhem_Increase_Health
  • Mayhem_Increase_Regeneration
  • prestige_InspirationGrant (Inner Inspiration)
  • Cryonite_Armor
  • Wedding_Band
  • Wedding_Band_FB
  • Mayhem_Cryonite_Armor
  • Mayhem_Store_Kinetic_Shield
  • Vanguard_Psionic_Shield
  • Invention_Kinetic_Dampener
  • Alt_LP_Kinetic_Dampener
  • Alt_Defense_Amplifier_1_hour
  • Alt_Defense_Amplifier_4_hour
  • Alt_Defense_Amplifier_8_hour
  • Alt_Offense_Amplifier_1_hour
  • Alt_Offense_Amplifier_4_hour
  • Alt_Offense_Amplifier_8_hour
  • Alt_Survival_Amplifier_1_hour
  • Alt_Survival_Amplifier_4_hour
  • Alt_Survival_Amplifier_8_hour
  • Alt_Frosty_Aegis
  • Day_Job_Movement_Increase_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Movement_Increase_Greater
  • Pilot_Lesser
  • Pilot_Greater
  • Day_Job_Increase_Regeneration_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Increase_Regeneration_Greater
  • Day_Job_Increase_Endurance_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Increase_Endurance_Greater
  • Day_Job_Increase_Recovery_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Increase_Recovery_Greater
  • Day_Job_Damage_Resistance_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Damage_Resistance_Greater
  • Day_Job_Psionic_Resistance_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Psionic_Resistance_Greater
  • Day_Job_ColdNegative_Resistance_Lesser
  • Day_Job_ColdNegative_Resistance_Greater
  • Day_Job_DPS_Buff_Lesser
  • Day_Job_DPS_Buff_Greater
  • Day_Job_Improved_Recharge_Time_Lesser
  • Day_Job_Improved_Recharge_Time_Greater
  • Combat_Shield
  • Increase_Attack_Speed (Empowerment Station)
  • Increase_Flight_Speed
  • Increase_Jump_Speed
  • Increase_Run_Speed
  • Increase_Perception
  • Grant_Invisibility
  • Smashing_Resistance
  • Lethal_Resistance
  • Cold_Resistance
  • Fire_Resistance
  • Energy_Resistance
  • Negative_Energy_Resistance
  • Toxic_Resistance
  • Psionic_Resistance
  • Endurance_Drain_Resistance
  • Slow_Resistance
  • Knockback_Protection
  • Knockback_Increase
  • Confusion_Resistance
  • Fear_Resistance
  • Disorient_Resistance
  • Hold_Resistance
  • Immobilize_Resistance
  • Sleep_Resistance
  • Arachnos_Power_Shield
  • I22_MissionReward_BoonSunXiong
  • The_Perfect_Eye
  • The_True_Furnace
  • Heart_of_a_Storm_Elemental
  • Anger_Monument
  • Crystal_of_Resilience
  • The_Atlas_Medallion
  • Super_Patriot
  • Freedom_Phalanx_Reserve
  • Task_Force_Commander
  • Portal_Jockey
  • Crey_CBX-9_Pistol
  • Eye_of_the_Magus
  • Vanguard_Medal
  • Geas_of_the_Kind_Ones
  • Marshall
  • High_Pain_Threshold
  • Born_In_Battle
  • Stolen_Immobilizer_Ray
  • Demonic_Aura
  • Megalomaniac
  • Invader
  • Force_of_Nature
  • Iron_Man
  • RIWE_Accolade_Power
  • GRHeroAlignmentPower
  • GRVigilanteAlignmentPower
  • GRRogueAlignmentPower
  • GRVillainAlignmentPower
  • Invention_Recovery_Serum
  • Alt_LP_Recovery_Serum
  • Alt_Frost_Bite_Granter
  • Alt_Frost_Bite
  • Alt_Winter_Ward
  • Flames_of_Prometheus

Other PvP Powers Changes

• Trick Arrow
  • Fast Snipes
    • No longer grant a 50% range buff in PvP
  • Empathy
    • Absorb Pain: -Heal / -Regeneration reduced to 50% in PvP
  • Temporary Powers
    • Envenomed Dagger's regeneration debuff is now Scale 1.0 non-stackable when used against players

Pocket D

• An entrance to Recluse's Victory has been added to the Pocket D arena
    • DJ Zero doesn't approve of fighting, so if you use this exit, there's no way back to the club from Recluse's Victory - you're on your own

Free Fire Zone (PvP) Helicopter Line

• All helicopters to and from PvP zones are now connected (including new helicopters in Siren's Call near the Hero Hospital and in Peregrine Island near the arena)
    • Added a Free Fire Zone Helicopter to Peregrine Island, near the Arena
  • You can also use it to travel between the connected PVE zones, but only those that match your current alignment

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!