Graveyard Shift minor bugs

A few small bugs I found playing through the Agent Watkins Graveyard Shift arc today.

When speaking to Agent Watkins, at level 50 without having spoken to him before or introduced, he shows a weird text string [M1WatkinsIntro:Intro]. This doesn't show talking to him a second time.

Watkins.jpg.335aeb6d563fdda1aab544a2b9171b96.jpg

In the FREAK_RAVE map there is a potentially missing catwalk floor in the main room at coords: 509.8, 32.0, 789.0

FreakRave.jpg.d0bb13915ac646396edf370a354a56cd.jpg

In the map CITYOFFICIAL_HAMMETT_OFFICE_FRONT, the room on the 2nd floor where I fought Cortex doesn't display correctly on the map, just showing the two elevator rooms.

Office1.jpg.a97f1dc1499c7157b367dd9ce5b644a2.jpg

And the room on the top floor, the corridor ends to the East and South also don't appear on the map

Office2.jpg.99489d28b36e4298b0d8e0abe0fd0318.jpg

These map issues may be carried over from the original version of this map from Eagle Eye's arc as I'm sure I've seen this issue before.

Edit: After completing the arc via Flashback, Dr. Katelyn Pierce is still standing outside the pharmacy in Skyway City. Wasn't sure if it's intended or if she is meant to phase out.

Edited by Aberrant
Note about Katelyn Pierce

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

• 2 weeks later
  • Retired Developer
1 hour ago, Myrmidon said:

@Piecemeal the dialogue issue is corrected, however, these map issues still persist, along with a minor one in the beginning of the Pathogen mission.

Minimap issues, you mean?

• Like 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

• Developer

I just encountered the Intro text bug during the arc while running as Hero alignment itself; I had just finished the Pathogen warehouse mission and made the Hero choice on the radio; Had talked to him, but didn't take the next mission, then called him back and got the odd string:

M1 intro.PNG

As was noted; After closing, and re-calling, he had the normal text; Only appeared on the first contact.

Edited by Nayreia / Karonax

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

I believe the WatkinsIntro is dialogue that a normal "valid contact" would have as an introduction. However, since he immediately goes into his starting dialogue tree if you are eligible for the arc, he (probably) wasn't given one since it wasn't felt necessary? Talking to him as too low a level triggers the dialogue in question immediately.

image.png.ffa77cae60b99895289ff0a534ab8918.png

• Developer
1 hour ago, Molubdos said:

I believe the WatkinsIntro is dialogue that a normal "valid contact" would have as an introduction. However, since he immediately goes into his starting dialogue tree if you are eligible for the arc, he (probably) wasn't given one since it wasn't felt necessary? Talking to him as too low a level triggers the dialogue in question immediately.

That would make sense; Odd that I encountered it several missions in while running the arc, but it is possible I had never engaged dialogue with him without an active mission before, despite being in the middle of arc since I initiated it from Ouroboros. Seems like you get it once and only once for that first time conversation?

On one of my other characters, at 50: Get the M1 string error and also get the 'too high of level for me' string, so likely pulling a specific string for a specific instance; Just needs text added there I think.

M1intro.PNG

Edited by Nayreia / Karonax
typo QAQ

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!