Question about Streakbreaker mechanics

Menelruin

So I know that Streakbreaker prevents you from having too many misses or failed dodges in a row if your accuracy or defense are too high for it to be realistic.  What I'm wondering is, does it automatically trigger on the pertinent attack, BEFORE or AFTER confirming it should hit or miss?

For example, let's say I have a 95% chance to hit an enemy, and I miss.  On the following attack, does the game roll like normally FIRST, see if it hits, then apply Streakbreaker if it misses?  Or does it FIRST apply Streakbreaker, without bothering to roll first?

Just wondering because it FEELS like Streakbreaker is kicking in an awful lot...

As near as I can tell, if you are at 95% (final chance to hit) with all attacks, and your last attack check at a target is a MISS, the next attack check against a target will be forced to hit WITHOUT making a roll.

AoEs mess things up in the sense that you can't predict which specific target in the AoE will be the 'next' attack.

It should be noted that the combat logs don't record (or don't easily record) the 'to hit' checks from certain auras and the like.

If you are looking for large groups of enemies to test against that have large groups that are not really spread out to test 95% behavior of AoE: Sewer Network and Tunnels of the Trolls are not bad spots, but the max size of a group is somewhat random.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Hell, honestly, this is the first time I have heard of Streakbreaker. When did that come out?

Some time back on live.

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Menelruin said:

For example, let's say I have a 95% chance to hit an enemy, and I miss.  On the following attack, does the game roll like normally FIRST, see if it hits, then apply Streakbreaker if it misses?  Or does it FIRST apply Streakbreaker, without bothering to roll first?

If your previous attack had 95% chance and you missed, then your next attack will trigger streakbreaker if that attack also had a 90+% chance to hit. A roll still happens but it won't matter as streakbreaker bypasses it.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Attack_Mechanics

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

3 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Hell, honestly, this is the first time I have heard of Streakbreaker. When did that come out?

@arcanavilleposted "Arcana's Guide to Defense v1.4 - Updated for i7" in June 2006 which is the first time I heard about it.

PS: missed it first time rereading the Attack Mechanics article but it does say how AoE's are handled by Streakbreaker.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Typos

4 hours ago, Solarverse said:

If you ever peek at the combat logs it'll actually say it there so you'll see "streakbreaker forced your attack to hit" or some such on occasion.

Just now, Riverdusk said:

If you ever peek at the combat logs it'll actually say it there so you'll see "streakbreaker forced your attack to hit" or some such on occasion.

Yeah, I only have the hit rolls showing in my combat tab, I have turned everything else off, so I never noticed it.