UltraAlt's Guide to Preparing for the removal of the base teleport macro

UltraAlt

We know that the removal of the base macro is coming soon (tm), so I am preparing for when the change goes live.

We all know at this point that it is huge advantage to instantly TP to a Base in order to get around.

Not only is are the DEVs making it (pretty much) equally easy to get to a Supergroup base as it was before plus adding in a long range (zone) teleporter, allowing you to spawn your own base portals that others can use, and the O-Portal can be used at any level. Base portals have been moved and you will spawn at the base portal when you spawn to a zone through your base teleporter.

First off, the Nexus for the Hero side seems to be at Talos Island. The base portal is directly in front of the tram, the Wormhole portal is in the same area, and there is Wentworths just behind the Tram. If it happens you are not in a supergroup  (one you created or one you are part of that has all the teleportation sites set-up), then Talos is the place to go to get around.

New characters and characters that have not already performed any of these, I am doing these in order

1) Parking (logging off) at the Base Portal until I have the Monitor Duty day job.

2) Work on the Atlas Tour Guide Accolade (or any zone accolade you will need only one) by getting the following exploration markers in Atlas - this will unlock the Long Range Teleporter when it goes live.

--a) Almost directly in the middle of the north side of the map near the war wall, go to the building to the left of the movie theater and hotel if facing north. It is near the television antenna that is closest to the war wall on the first, right-side roof level of a building.

--b) Near the water tower on the building north east of Wentworths

--c) in front of Henry Peter Wong on the north east side of the base portal

--d) on top of City Hall by the flag

--e) Inside City Hall, near the statue just to the left of the supergroup registry desk.

--f) Inside  City Hall, downstairs in the DATA office. In the back, near the elevator leading to the PVP portal.

--g) on top of the globe  in front of City Hall

--h) On the southside of the map to the north of the Hazard Zone entrance, go into the Vanguard building (marked with a V on the map), go up the left stairs and immediately turn to the left and go up to the observation window looking into a lab.

3) Get your Patrol XP by parking anywhere outdoors until you get the Patroller day job. You should already have had enough time in to have gained the Monitor Duy day job so this should unlock the Rapid Response Member Accolade 

4) Start parking back at the base portal again to gain charges on the supergroup base teleporter (you can gain up to 30)

5) Park at Wentworths to get the Day Trader day job badge. Continue parking there and gain charges on the WentWorths Teleporter (you can gain up to 30). Teleports you to a Wentworths in the zone of your choosing. (You will no longer be able to buy these through the Auction House once the change takes place)

6) Purchase at the P2W vendor under teleport - if  you have enough loot, I suggest purchasing them all. (P2W vendor>Prestige Powers>Travel>teleport)

--a) Assemble the Team - teleports your teammates to your location if they are in the same zone

--b) Base Transporter - teleports you to your base

--c) Mission Transport - teleports you to a door mission even if it is in another zone. Mission must be actively selected and showing up on the Nav window.

--d) Pocket D Teleporter - teleports you to the Pocket D. (You can also get this by hanging out in the Pocket D for 1 hour)

--e) Team Transporter (aka tt) - brings in a flying vehicle that grants you and your teammate the ability to transport to an actively selected door mission (aka showing up on the Nav window). If your teammates don't get the option, there is lag or they aren't close enough to the vehicle.

7) Travel around and get at least one exploration badge in each zone you would like the ability to directly teleport to. This won't do anything now, but it will once the changes go live. (The easiest exploration marker in Talos for me to find is the one in front of the Minotaur statue on the square upraised part between the steps directly in front of the statue. You practically have to land on it to get it or see it)

😎 Once the changes go live, if you have done the above:

1) parking at the base portal will gain you charges of Monitor Duty Teleporter (which is the replacement of the personal supergroup teleporter)

2) parking or patrolling will give you charges of Rapid Response Portal which allows you to spawn a Supergroup Portal that you or teammates (anyone?) can use.

3) Ouroboros Portal can be used at any level (so I felt it necessary to prep for that as you can easily get it once the changes go live)

4) By gaining the Atlas Tour Guide Accolade (or any zone accolade for that matter), you will have done what is necessary to unlock the Long Range Teleporter. This will give you the ability to teleport to any zone that you have at least one exploration. It can also teleport you to your base and use the base passcode option (I think any teleporter that takes you to a base gives you this option).

I don't know for sure about how the charges will carry over after the changes go live, but it will set-up for if they do and put you in position to be able to gain charges immediately if not.

I hope this is helpful.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Very nice, Alt! Thanks!

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

3 hours ago, Ghostwriter said:

I believe the /enterbasefrompasscode command can still be used as long as you near a base portal. If you can create you own base portal via Rapid Response Portal (assuming that's what it does), I wonder if you can still use /enterbasefrompasscode near it.

It appears to work from near the Rapid Response Portal.

I don't have a base passcode for another base that is not my own on test. But it works for my own base's base macro.

When I try to use the base macro away from a portal that gives base access, I get this error :: "This command can only be used inside a Supergroup Base or near a Supergroup Portal."

It appears that if you go into your own sg base, you can use the base macro to travel to someone else's supergroup base.

Using the base macro for my own base when in my own base, respawns me to my own base.

In case someone needs it for testing on Beta, my base macro is ::

/macro base "enterbasefrompasscode KEEPITSIMPLE-124" 

I would also like to point out again, any method that takes you to a supergroup base allows you to enter a passcode, so you don't have to have the macro but only the passcode to get in. Of course, you have to manually enter it. But you could say, make a macro to talk the passcode into a chat channel, copy it, and then paste it into the passcode once you activate the teleporter. Example being the Monitor Duty day job (supergroup transporter) which does not spawn a portal, but takes you directly to a base.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 2

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

/enterbasefrompasscode SANCTUM-110 is mine, feel free.

(Sorry, it's the maid's week off.)

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I have atlas explorer on everyone since there seemed little point to me to get the ones you need for the medallion and not just grab the rest of the low hanging fruit. So tonight I started the process of getting an explore in every zone on every toon. Because obviously all my finished alts, many of whom I have no intention of actually playing again, need a full LRT menu. One down, 47 to go and I've already decided I don't need the shard or praetoria zones. It's not so bad but I certainly wouldn't want to do it on my full stable once the changes go live and I can't chain the base macro. New toons after that will just have to cope.

• City Council

I would not recommend 6b since the Pocket D power is being rolled into LRT, it'd be a waste of influence to buy it if you already are unlocking LRT through other means. Get it only if you want to unlock LRT without getting an exploration accolade.

/ebfp also works after activating LRT or Base Transporter, as long as the destination selection menu is up.

• Like 1

A page of alts down in the explore per zone process. Not gonna lie, it really sucks even with the base macro.

Couple tips - From current Founders base drop point grab the badge by the Eden door then go into Eden for the one straight across. It's easier than the ones near Eden drop point.

Similarly, when entering Bricks from base, jump into creys for the one to the northeast of the entrance then back into bricks for your choice of the two near there. Much easier than Crey's from base options. If you have slow load times get the Bricks first and backtrack to Crey's door. 

If you take the base portal, my routing makes sense. It takes me around 5 minutes as well, with out little side projects on characters along the way.

Atlas Tour Guide Path.png

Edited by UltraAlt

That's similar to what i've always used for it when accolade hunting but I get the vanguard one third so i can grab the pupil plaque on the way to the train to hit KR. I never start on blue so I always have SS by the time i get around to it. Takes me maybe a minute and a half. Your version's definitely more linear and more riddler-y.

• 2 weeks later

I get Vanguard first because I want to end up near Wentworth's.  On a new toon my first act is usually to sell a few converters so I have some working capital.  Getting the one in the upper right corner (Gargoyle, I think) leaves me close to WW.

Speaking of Wentworths, I thought the patch notes said the teleporters were being removed from those locations and  the new base teleporters were going to be used instead.  WW gives brainstorm ideas, like the old base reward did.  Or did I read that wrong?

One last thing, /enterbasefrompasscode does worth within about 40 feet or so of a base portal, and the Long Range Teleporter (the zone exploration accolade) dumps you right next to a base portal for that zone.  (At least, the one in Steel Canyon did.)  So get an accolade for the zone, and just portal there then use the macro as normal.  LRT has an 8 minute cool down, so you'll need to manage it somewhat, but it'll reduce travel time for long hauls across multiple zones.

1 hour ago, good4geri said:

I already have the badges (Patroller, Monitor Duty) and accolade (Rapid Response Member) that are required for the Rapid Response Portal, but it is not available to me.  Any suggestions?

I have these same badges and logged out next to a base portal for about an hour or so. When I logged back in I had 1 charge of the Rapid Response Portal. You may be experiencing a bug, can you provide any more context or background?

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 11/26/2020 at 8:34 AM, gameboy1234 said:

On a new toon my first act is usually to sell a few converters so I have some working capital.  Getting the one in the upper right corner (Gargoyle, I think) leaves me close to WW.

With /macro Auction AH, there is no need to go to Wentworth unless you are working on the Day job. And, speaking of that, the Day Job for Wentworths is no longer a teleporter to get to Wentworths locations.

On 11/26/2020 at 9:35 AM, good4geri said:

I already have the badges (Patroller, Monitor Duty) and accolade (Rapid Response Member) that are required for the Rapid Response Portal, but it is not available to me.  Any suggestions?

You have to gain charges after the update was released by parking at a base portal.

On 11/29/2020 at 9:08 PM, LaconicLemur said:

Someone in global had a great suggestion of parking your toon in Pocket D for an hour to gain the Long Range Teleport accolade. 

I would have to make a new character to test this, but, if this is doing that I think it is doing, you would actually have to be in-game in the Pocket D for a full hour for it to kick in.

This is the first that I have head of this.

You can now by the Long Range Teleporter from the P2W for 10 million.

I'll be running around Atlas to save 10 million myself.

53 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

With /macro Auction AH, there is no need to go to Wentworth unless you are working on the Day job. And, speaking of that, the Day Job for Wentworths is no longer a teleporter to get to Wentworths locations.

I need to convert Merits into Converters, and the vendor to do that is in Wentworths (in Atlas Park, the vendors are in other locations in other zones).

3 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

I need to convert Merits into Converters, and the vendor to do that is in Wentworths (in Atlas Park, the vendors are in other locations in other zones).

Oh.

On a new character....

... isn't it easier to just mail yourself influence?

29 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

I need the badge anyway and selling the merits takes only a moment.  I find the email system to be pretty tedious actually, and I'd have to log out to switch characters.  In summary: nope.

oh, wow.

I just keep some influence stored in my email so when any characters need it I can just pull it out of there, but maybe some would say I'm an ebil marketer....

Speedy Gonzalez.gif

I haven't had time to make any new characters, but I would pretty much run this same route but in reverse for new characters.

Spawning under the steps of Lady Liberty, go to the vanguard base, hit the P2W for a rocketboard, carpet, or skiff, hit the top of the globe, inside the city hall, on top city hall, badge near the base portal and then the last two exploration badges in either order.

I couldn't set-up for the stance change as I was parking near base portals for the tp charges.

In the end, I have far more tp powers than I need.

I only really need one to get to base. 

On teams I've been using [Power:Supergroup Portal] - recharges so fast I don't need to use my dayjob ones

Solo I just use [Power:Prestige Travel.Base Transporter] - recharges so fast I don't need to use my dayjob ones

Of course on Task forces, I break out the tt, mission teleporter, and Assemble the team.

Haven't even used the Long Range TP.

Has anyone compiled a list of the easiest-to-get-to exploration badge in each zone, i.e. a simple list to follow for unlocking every zone with minimal travel time and/or risk? I started to make a list like that for my own use, but it occurs to me that other, more ahead-thinking folks might have done this already. If not, I will start it myself and share it in a separate post.

To clarify:  The badges I want to list are the ones which are close to publicly available zone entry points such as blueside and goldside train stations, redside ferries and helicopters and the Tunnel service. Preferably with a badge marker low to the ground to avoid the (admittedly minimal) hassle of using a flight power. As an example, the easiest exploration badge in Talos Island is IMO the Last Line of Defense - it is close to a train station and easy to find. In Atlas Park I would list the badge next to Henry Peter Wong because it is marginally faster and easier to get to than the ones inside City Hall or on top of the statue. And so on, and so on, you get the idea, I hope. 

As far as unlocking LRTP in the first place, I personally find it simpler to park each character in Pocket D for an hour while doing something else around the house, but YMMV.