Things I Learned the Hard Way

Shocktacular

On 3/2/2021 at 7:56 AM, tidge said:

I almost never vendor (common/uncommon) salvage. The order of checks is usually:

1. Check to see if I have any dropped recipes worth crafting (burns salvage from inventory and SG racks)
  2. SG empowerment buffs
  3. Check SG racks for necessary refills. I waste SG space but save time (traveling to/from base, using the AH) by keeping ~10 each spares of common/uncommon salvage in racks.
  4. Sell extras on the AH

When I am doing bulk crafting, I never work with recipes that require rare salvage, so occasionally I have to clean out (via the Auction House)  the "rare salvage" SG racks of specific pieces that aren't being used and have a large inventory count. Otherwise the rare pieces are used for one-off crafting of PVP/Very Rares, and certain other Rare recipes.

I could be slightly more efficient with storage in my personal SG base (by relying only on the AH for salvage, or using individual character's Vault) but I don't have the headspace (or the desire to maintain a spreadsheet) to keep track of particular salvages/recipes.

I put them on AH cause I'm too lazy to go to the vendor.  Doing everything you described just sounds insane.  I mean, I get it.  Your playing the game they way they intended when they created empowerment stations and salvage storage for bases, so kudos on that.  But it's just simpler to buy salvage from the AH when I want to empower.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 11/7/2020 at 10:33 AM, Eva Destruction said:

Honestly, Self Destruct is probably best left on the P2W menu.

Are you kidding? A button that lets you avoid debt when you are about to die, and does a mini-nuke on your assassins? I keep it handy in the bottom of a vertical floating tray. I wish it could auto-fire when I am at 1% health!

(It's also useful for travelling to your base or the local hospital, though I admit it's a bit of a drama-queen travel method. "BRB, heading to base to level... Ignore the countdown, don't panic.")

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 3/1/2021 at 3:54 AM, Rokkeb said:

There are people who don't just vendor white/yellow salvage ?

On my badge hunter, it's a constant stream of items I can sell on the AH for the selling badges.

On all my others, I keep one or two of each and vendor the rest.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• 1 year later

Sadly I need to necro this thread due to recent shenanigans with Radiation Emission...

If you put a toggle debuff (Darkest Night, Enervating Field, Radiation Infection, etc.) on a teleporting enemy (Tsoo Sorcerers, Sky Raider Porters, etc.) and they teleport without being far enough to detoggle the debuff, it will aggro everyone around them and they will immediately come attack you.  It is possible to aggro an entire room this way.

Also, from a previous encounter, if you hit a teleporting enemy with a targeted AoE right as they teleport, it is possible for your attack to damage (and thus aggro) any mob that they teleported into.

RIP my Zombie/Rad MM and Dark/Dark Defender and teammates. 😞 

• Haha 2

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

1 hour ago, Shocktacular said:

If you put a toggle debuff (Darkest Night, Enervating Field, Radiation Infection, etc.) on a teleporting enemy (Tsoo Sorcerers, Sky Raider Porters, etc.) and they teleport without being far enough to detoggle the debuff, it will aggro everyone around them and they will immediately come attack you.  It is possible to aggro an entire room this way.

Zoinks!!

th?id=OIP.eiGDslE9gzSGJS_0muctXwHaHa%26pid=Api&f=1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I'm pretty sure I'm going to do this on purpose at some point on a very large team, but while soloing at lower levels, it's generally not conducive to continued survival.

• Like 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!

10 hours ago, Krimson said:

This is how my Dark/Dark Brute herds while farming. 😄

Yeah, one of my tanks took one of those just to keep pissing off foes around me too.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 11/6/2020 at 10:40 AM, Luminara said:

Look at the health bar.

Look at the damn health bar.

HEALTH.  BAR.  LOOK.  AT.

This is a problem I have on defenders. I will watch the team screen and see "Oh, crap, who is that player whose health is so low? I need to hit them with buffs" and slowly realize the issue.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

This is a problem I have on defenders. I will watch the team screen and see "Oh, crap, who is that player whose health is so low? I need to hit them with buffs" and slowly realize the issue.

“boy, sucks to be that g.. ah, time to run”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, pawstruck said:

House cats do not love you.

You're doing it wrong.  😃

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 5/16/2022 at 1:26 PM, Shocktacular said:

Sadly I need to necro this thread due to recent shenanigans with Radiation Emission...

Also, from a previous encounter, if you hit a teleporting enemy with a targeted AoE right as they teleport, it is possible for your attack to damage (and thus aggro) any mob that they teleported into.

RIP my Zombie/Rad MM and Dark/Dark Defender and teammates. 😞 

This works with flying enemies, too.  Paragon Protectors are ANNOYING!  And the new Rad and Emp Elites can go away now plz, ty devs.

Never put Fly and Walk next to each other in Tray.

Jump off Bridge in Skyway City, click to activate Fly, hit Walk instead, land in Middle of Supa Troll Mob at Rave, d  e  a  d.

Edited by Marine X
  • Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

3 hours ago, Marine X said:

Never put Fly and Walk next to each other in Tray.

Jump off Bridge in Skyway City, click to activate Fly, hit Walk instead, land in Middle of Supa Troll Mob at Rave, d  e  a  d.

Reminds of the days before you could lock your trays.  Try to hit '1'  and instead I was suddenly on a tray 8.  I spent quite a few years never putting anything in the 1 spot on my trays.