Farming Merits?

The_Warpact

2 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

I also keep forgetting about the Empyrean Merit -> Reward Merit conversion, but it's mostly that I resolved never to use it.  Because it's a one-way conversion (you can't convert Reward -> Empyrean) and there are relatively few ways to get Empyrean Merits, I've tended to hoard them a little.

I'm the same way... not wanting to burn emp merits for anything but incarnate use.  But if you are the type of player who plays your full built incarnates a lot (like me), you eventually just have a bunch of emp merits, threads, and components you don't need.  You can share emp merits with your next 50 of course but eventually you just run out of uses for them.  Similarly, I end up breaking down my components into threads, then turning all my excess threads into super inspirations to sell on the AH for influence.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

18 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Regular participation in ship raids can net you 100+ merits (converted from VMerits) a pop.

17 hours ago, Ukase said:

My personal best for V merits in a ship raid was 1439 Vg merits.

I built a character to this purpose as well, several actually, Ice/Storm Corr, a Storm/Nrg Defender, and an Ice/Atomic Blaster, even TA/A Defender that can drop Oil Slick and RoA frequently, a Fire/* Controller who could drop three Bonfires across the entire bowl consistently plus fireball and Imps. I have never seen a better run than 2,000 V Merits, and that required having a team with more AoE favored builds as the earn-rate is both team-collective and self-inflicted points. I can't even fathom there being one capable of generating 3,000 on its own in one raid. Obviously between two raids, sure, back to back in an hour that'd be doable, but not in one single MSR.

18 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

I built a character to this purpose as well, several actually, Ice/Storm Corr, a Storm/Nrg Defender, and an Ice/Atomic Blaster, even TA/A Defender that can drop Oil Slick and RoA frequently, a Fire/* Controller who could drop three Bonfires across the entire bowl consistently plus fireball and Imps. I have never seen a better run than 2,000 V Merits, and that required having a team with more AoE favored builds as the earn-rate is both team-collective and self-inflicted points. I can't even fathom there being one capable of generating 3,000 on its own in one raid. Obviously between two raids, sure, back to back in an hour that'd be doable, but not in one single MSR.

Hmm...my 1439 "Personal Record" came at the hands of my ice/cold corruptor with the three Targeted AoEs, with burnout and heatloss to mitigate any end crash (hardly necessary in the msr) 
But bonfire...that's interesting. 

In the very early days of HC, the conversion rate out here matched Closed Beta's... That is to say, it was 10-to-1 rather than the current 30-to-1. That made it a lot easier to pile up a lot of Merits by ship raiding. With the current rate, it's still pretty good, but you're not likely to see those 100-merits per run numbers.

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice