The Mu Widow

Finally, pulled the trigger and respec'ed my alternative build.

Meet the Mu Widow.

Pros:

Extensive use of the Mu Mastery pool, hence the name.

Took advantage of the easy to perma Mind Link to proc attacks.

Swipe can hit close 400 without Follow up or Gaussian Build Up.

Follow can hit close 300 without Follow up or Gaussian Build Up.

Electrifying fences proc's well for 172, plus -12.5 resists.

Ball Lightning proc's well for 190, plus -12.5 resists.

I know the -resists don't stack, but I like to make sure each mob is debuffed.

Almost soft capped to everything. One small purple or team buffs will cap you.

Very high run speed with Mental Training and set bonuses. Really saves your bacon when things go sideways.

Cons:

Only spin for AOE below level 30 if exp'ed down

Does chew through end when using single and AOE attacks continuous, but that's what Ageless is for. Or maybe Cardiac.

Eviscerate just doesn't work for me. I just suck and melee cones.

Note:

Provoke is for when I run teams with lots a lowbies.

I have done a 180 on TT:Offensive, the accuracy is great for proc builds. And the toHit resists allow me to hit much better against -tohit mobs like Carnies.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Mu Widow: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Night Widow Training
Secondary Power Set: Widow Teamwork
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Presence
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Swipe -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Strike -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(7), TchofDth-Dam%(9), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(9), GldStr-%Dam(11), GldStr-Acc/Dmg(11)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(19), Rct-Def/EndRdx(19)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 8: Follow Up -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(21), GldStr-Acc/Dmg(25), TchofDth-Dam%(25), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(23), GldStr-%Dam(23)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A)
Level 12: Spin -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(27), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 14: Lunge -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33)
Level 16: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 18: Slash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Hct-Dmg(34), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(34), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(37)
Level 24: Mind Link -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(37), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(39)
Level 26: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 30: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40), UnbGrd-Max HP%(50)
Level 35: Mu Lightning -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(42)
Level 38: Electrifying Fences -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45), TraoftheH-Dam%(46), Ann-ResDeb%(46), Bmbdmt-Dam(46)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Rgn-Knock%(43), Ann-ResDeb%(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43), Bmbdmt-Dam(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(45)
Level 44: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Elude -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 49: Provoke -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Conditioning
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Mrc-Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15), SynSck-EndMod(17), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(17)
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
------------
------------

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

I know the -resists don't stack, but I like to make sure each mob is debuffed.

Debuffs are included in the taunt/threat/aggro calculations - I find the -resist proc is usually enough to tip the scales into keeping aggro on my widow with Provoke (which I take for the same reason). I can reliably pull aggro off brutes (who often don't take taunt), but not tankers.

I know you say you like TT:O but you may want to swap the ordering with TT:M as TT:M gives you a more useful buff sooner, especially as you're slotting it so heavily. The chance to actually hit is (your To-Hit - enemy Defence) x Accuracy so it's likely you'd get more mileage out of the extra 17% ToHit (or whatever) from TT:M than the 13% (or whatever) Accuracy from TT:O because you should already have decent Accuracy from enhancements, which means it has a higher base amount to multiply off the higher ToHit. 

I don't see a reason to not take both, but I would suggest you take TT:M earlier, maybe?

You also get the benefit of the slightly broken Build Up proc in it earlier, which can have about 25% uptime on a team with pets. You would lose that tohit debuff resistance for a few levels, though.

How do you find playing with that low amount of AoE?

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I admit power order is a bit odd. Comes from redoing the build many times and straight swapping powers instead of starting from scratch.

I might move stuff and re-post the build.

As for the lack of AOE it's fine.

I did a level 40 red side SF with Mu available. I can stealth, EF, BL, then spin again. Now, there is a recharge gap before EF or BL are back, so it's claw, claw, then AOE.

I have figured out that I am very sensitive to the attack rhythm. Even if another attack chain is "better", if the rhythm bothers me, then I won't stick with the build. That's what happened to the Widow build with proc'ed out dart burst and psychic scream. Lining up the cones with slightly different cast times and arcs was janky. Also, cones lose functionality once you're in melee. Hop and pop doesn't work for me. So, for the last three weeks I have played almost more on the beta server than live trying to find a build with good rhythm.

After that SF, I did a Yin, so no Mu, only Spin. Did I miss Mu, yes, a little. The team had lots of control, so I didn't want to flip back to my Fort build. So, it's team friendly scrapper mode.

The high run speed on this build is so much fun. Melee is easier than usual because things cannot get away. I can run down anything, Mu zappers, council wolves, etc...

Or I can run the hell away very fast. The final battle in the Yin TF went sideways, so I spent several minutes kiting two groups with 3-4 super stunners in and out of the reactor to stay alive.

I could run out pick off 1-2 mobs, run back into the reactor room much faster than any of the fliers could pursue. For a 20-30 second breather.

11 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

I have figured out that I am very sensitive to the attack rhythm. Even if another attack chain is "better", if the rhythm bothers me, then I won't stick with the build.

I totally understand. Efficiency isn't always fun and fun isn't always efficient. It a game (and rarely a difficult game by the end). 

I like high-mobility melee characters too - I'm very against "tank and spank" tactics where I can help it as I think that's a bone-grindingly boring way to play the game. Lots of melee players overlook the fact that you can become a ranged attack quite easily, but that would work against the "positioning doesn't matter just stand in the AoE pile" gameplay meta. 

I play stalkers probably second after my fortunata and they're very single-target focused, so it can certainly be done enjoyably. The "medium damage AoE" fiesta tends to leave bosses standing, which is where a good single-target player can shine. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I changed the power order to be more newbie friendly.

Yes, I hate "tank and spank", gets boring quickly.

As for single target damage, this NW build scratches the stalker itch pretty well. Without the downsides of stalkers.

Slash is such a monster. Nothing like two shotting 54 lts, Illusionists, or taking half health off a boss.

I just want to chime in on:

12 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

Lining up the cones with slightly different cast times and arcs was janky. Also, cones lose functionality once you're in melee. Hop and pop doesn't work for me. So, for the last three weeks I have played almost more on the beta server than live trying to find a build with good rhythm.

/amen. On my favorite Fortunata build, I am perfectly comfortable with 'hop and pop' to utilize the Cones and PBAoE, but I realize this is not a playstyle for everyone. This playstyle is also one of the reasons I don't have Electrifying Fences in that build; I want the enemies to group up for AoEs, even if some fraction will always (eventually) run away. I enjoy seeing players make different choices and adapting their playstyles to support their power choices.

The Yin TF is such a treat to play with a full-kit build exemplared down, especially VEATs. I'll often park my VEAT in the entry foyer to hold down the onrushing mob of freaks; there was a recent TF where that was going perfectly fine until I noticed by team's health bars were blacking out... sure enough Clamor had respawned so time to leave the freaks and help out with her!

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

Without the downsides of stalkers.

You mean them being too much fun?

Seriously, I can't help of think of them as anything other than better scrappers.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gulbasaur said:

You mean them being too much fun?

Seriously, I can't help of think of them as anything other than better scrappers.

I have three level 50 stalkers IM/Ninja, Elec/SD, and BS/SD. They are much more fun than scappers, but nowhere near as durable as my VEATs.

I find stalkers, like all pure melee, very repetitive. That's why I can't stick with them.

Oh definitely. I wish there were more hybrid ATs. Blasters and dominators are the only main ones that really mix melee and range and I find blasters a bit underwhelming. Considering we have four archetypes that mix melee and armour, it's a bit lopsided.

1 hour ago, Gulbasaur said:

Oh definitely. I wish there were more hybrid ATs. Blasters and dominators are the only main ones that really mix melee and range and I find blasters a bit underwhelming. Considering we have four archetypes that mix melee and armour, it's a bit lopsided.

*Cough*

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Omega-202 said:

*Cough*

How does this build do against Arachnos? The mistresses will debuff your defense to single digits in most categories at 4x8.

Edit: I see you have 50% DDR.

Edit 2: Definitely, worth testing on the beta server.

Edited by KaizenSoze

27 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

How does this build do against Arachnos? The mistresses will debuff your defense to single digits in most categories at 4x8.

Edit: I see you have 50% DDR.

Edit 2: Definitely, worth testing on the beta server.

Arachnos isn't much of a problem at +4/8 if I pick targets well.  The def debuff happens, but it doesn't cascade as much like on VEATs because of the resistance. 

Psi and Tox damage holes are pretty brutal though.  The worst is things like the Hydra room in Apex, where a lot of my other characters can just face tank the Tox damage but the /Inv Stalker melts.  For Arachnos, just start the fight with BU>LR>BL>TS, which should mean everything is knocked down and very hurt, and then hold and focus down the Forts, Mistresses and Widows.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

Arachnos isn't much of a problem at +4/8 if I pick targets well.  The def debuff happens, but it doesn't cascade as much like on VEATs because of the resistance. 

Psi and Tox damage holes are pretty brutal though.  The worst is things like the Hydra room in Apex, where a lot of my other characters can just face tank the Tox damage but the /Inv Stalker melts.  For Arachnos, just start the fight with BU>LR>BL>TS, which should mean everything is knocked down and very hurt, and then hold and focus down the Forts, Mistresses and Widows.  

It's not just that Hydra do toxic damage. They are incredible accurate! Same problem with Arachnos Mu's.

Only my Night Tank build could face tank the pylons in Apex.

4 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

It's not just that Hydra do toxic damage. They are incredible accurate! Same problem with Arachnos Mu's.

Only my Night Tank build could face tank the pylons in Apex.

I think I'm just lucky that the builds that I play in Apex can all handle it well, minus the Stalker.  Crab, /WP Brute, Rad Tank, Ice/Dark Corruptor with Dark Embrace and Rune of Prot and capped positional def...all have decent answers to accurate Tox damage, but Invuln doesn't.  It means if I shut my brain off and forget which character I'm on, I faceplant.  

• 9 months later

I can necro my own thread if I want too. 🙂

Now, that I have some confirmation that Widow claw attacks are the key source of endurance troubles.

Widow claw attacks cost more end and/or higher recharge for comparable attacks than Scrappers, Brutes, Tankers, and Stalkers. Long thread discussion.

Last two pages are the important ones.

I have resurrected and revamped my Mu Widow build. Uses end procs in the Mu attacks to compensate for the end heavy claw attacks.

I dropped my Trapdoor times from almost 11 min to under 9, which is a massive improvement. Still need Ageless for DDR and when the end proc gods hate you.

Build

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Mu Widow: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Night Widow Training
Secondary Power Set: Widow Teamwork
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mental Blast -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(7)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37)
Level 2: Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(45)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 6: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(15)
Level 8: Follow Up -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), GssSynFr--Build%(15), GldStr-Dam/Rech(17), TchofDth-Dam%(17), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(19), GldStr-%Dam(19)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A)
Level 12: Spin -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(23), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Arm-Dam%(25)
Level 14: Lunge -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(29)
Level 16: Hover -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(31)
Level 18: Slash -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Hct-Dmg(31), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Rchg(33)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Foresight -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34), LucoftheG-Def(39)
Level 24: Mind Link -- AdjTrg-Rchg(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(36), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 26: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Tactical Training: Leadership -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39)
Level 32: Teleport Target -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Electrifying Fences -- PrfShf-End%(A), Bmbdmt-Dam(40), TraoftheH-Dam%(40), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40), PstBls-Dam%(42), JvlVll-Dam%(42)
Level 38: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Dam%(A), JvlVll-Dam%(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45), PrfShf-End%(46), Bmbdmt-Dam(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(46)
Level 44: Static Discharge -- PstBls-Dmg/Rng(A), PrfShf-End%(48), JvlVll-Dam%(48), PstBls-Dam%(48), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50), Rgn-Dmg(50)
Level 47: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Placate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), EndMod-I(11)
Level 6: Afterburner
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
------------
------------

Edited by KaizenSoze