Blue and Red (and Gold?) : The Myth

UltraAlt

20 minutes ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

When -any- Praetorians can get a Death From Below going, then . . . yeah.   I think it'll be fair to call you "GOD," heh.

If you notice for red, blue, and gold there are mistakes in each AND its taken from a quote from the movie Lawnmower Man.

I'm taking your GEEK card away....

Edited by The_Warpact
The power of edit compels me

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Is it odd that it mostly seem to be villains reacting to my post?

Not surprising, instead expected that they would defend the red/blue usage.

I'm very glad to see Praetorians comment on it.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

6 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

I thought it was a troll thread too, but as the OP keeps on going it does appear that they are serious. As a troll thread it was mildly annoying and not really cutting it as humor. As a serious complaint, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. People nowadays will find anything to complaint about.  I’m thinking people should just stop feeding the thread. 

.... and so you post on it ...

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

btw.

Most LFG messages don't bother saying any color or side, because, as I have stated before - most of the player heroes and most of the players know that.

There are just a few that feel that they need to say a color instead of hero or simply nothing when recruiting for a hero team.

They stick out like a sore thumb to me.

People are still posting on this thread, so they must be  having fun with it.

7 hours ago, ClawsandEffect said:

Golden Girl, is that you?

That would explain it, wouldn't it? 

And just for the record, Ultra... I don't play villains.

My collection of characters doesn't include a single one. 

My RED-siders are all Rogues. 😝

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

13 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

The number of  villains I have in my roster isn't even half a page.

I have even fewer Praetorians. (just 1, and he will probably go Hero once I'm done with Praetoria)

I have many Heroes, and only one Rogue, and only one Vigilante.

So, I play, primarily Blueside.

13 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Goldsiders 4EVAH!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I enjoy playing pretty much every side in the game.

I probably have a slightly different perspective than most folks because I drew comics in my youth, then I was an actor for years before becoming a full-time writer, so for me, characterization is everything; it’s at least as important to me as costume design and power selection. Every one of my characters has a bio, many of them get different accents on Discord when I play them (I always loved voiceover work!) and the only one who gets played 100% like myself is my main.

So I’m free to be as noble or creepy, jaded or enthusiastic, heroic or villainous with them as fits their concepts because they are all separate roles in a big animated series.

I guess you could say that the voices in my head have been very good to me over the years, and since I’m not inclined to publish a line of comics showcasing my creations, I sort of indulge them in CoH.

And all that really matters to me is that I have the game back to do it. ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I rarely play pure Hero toons. I like a more realistic approach(though, not like The Boys(though I love the show!)) to super folks I guess. So more or less what I’d personally imagine supes in 2020 or a modern setting to be.

Rogues/Vigilantes, with a small handful of «do-gooder» Hero-types. I’d say my roster looks like 65% Rogue, 25% Vigilante, 10% Hero.  I also enjoy playing the content on Redside as its generally more interesting to me

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

Sorry, but just had to throw it out there. This thread is all about blue privilege...

• Haha 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

one thing to remember when saying that the mission names are self-describing regarding red-blue-gold affinity is that all characters can play ae missions.  player alignment will need to mesh with the group leader and imo it's perfectly reasonable add an alignment qualifier to these non intrinsically aligned missions.