Any survivors from Triumph?

Sh4rpie

Started on Triumph when COV came out and was my home server for the duration.  Played mostly red side with the Revenants:

Sebastian Slade

Cassandra Slade

Moria Slade

Hannibal Slade

Mr. Brownstone

Murder Machine

Johnny Wildfire

Granny Longlegs

and several others

seeing more than a few names I remember.  Hoping to see Bloodhorn, Electraline, Phantom Cobra and many more.  Its great to be back

Also from Triumph here.  I played way back for issues 1-3, but stopped right before 4.  My main was Adam Spilitting and I was part of the Villains in Paragon SG.  I played post architect for a month or two back in 2009, but cant remember the name of my SG.

I had a pretty prolific sg on bluseside named Wings over Paragon. It was created by the amazing Sayaki who could do things most base builders were unable to.

main was Healix but the sg was run by Angelikah.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

I only ever joined comedic small supergroups (AA for Heroes and League of No Pants, for example), but I teamed enough to recognize a few names in here.  Holy nostalgia!  :D

Anyway, I was:

Jurassik Rubble - Granite tank

Archangel Miguel - Peacebringer

BAAAH - Big dumb goat

Dingo Jones - No, I didn't eat the baby

Oh yeah, and

the Earl of Pastey - the pantsless hobo and self proclaimed "Sorceror Inferior of Triumph"

Type R Hunter - AV/GM hunting MM

I played on Triumph from 2004 to 2011ish, mostly with my girlfriend at the time (Ms Thailand) and mostly with the GH ventrilo regulars. I was a member of Wild Cards, Global Heroics, and The Midnighters.

Mr Thailand, MA/Regen scrapper

Rakurai, Elec/elec blaster

Mr South Korea, Ice/Kinetic Controller

Chindi Klesh, MF'ing warshade

and a thousand alts, of course.

Currently downloading, can't wait to log in!

WOW, overwhelmed to see so many familiar handles. Togo(thanks for emailing me the shutdown-photos: https://imgur.com/a/ApT6yCZ), Italy, Sh4rpie, Finland, Dr Earl Grey, Peru, Malawi!(tell Scotty Hi!), Anti-Cat!

I'm going to reach out to a couple of the GH fellas that I still have on facebook, make sure they are aware of this.

Sh4rpie, didn't we roll an archer duo once upon a time? Full-Draw and...? I can't remember your name, but it was way better than mine, lol.

Triumph was one of my primary servers and the home of my primary badgehunter, Tetujin.  I did a fair amount of incarnate content and Master runs towards the end of the game's life so I might be familiar to those of you who care about such things. 

Tetujin (Rad/Rad Defender) and Resonance Engine (Sonic/Sonic Corruptor) were my most frequently played characters towards the end and I was on the Help chat and the Player Questions area of the forums quite a bit.  I also wrote a somewhat popular guide to Warshades back in the day.

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781

I am a former Triumph player that has finally joined up with my compatriots. 

My handles were @TriNitroToluene and @DynaMight.  My main was an elec/elec endurance-draining blapper named Long Shock but I had many others that I played.  I haven't decided whether I am going to remake any of my old toons or start fresh. 

I teamed up with quite a few of you and it is wonderful to see all of you back.  Hopefully more will join in.

Edited by TNT

Dark-Acolyte of Triumph

Played CoH at release a bit, truly mained the game once CoV debuted and was Redside to the core

Played from 2005 on-and-off til the day they unplugged us

My main was Dark-Acolyte, necro/dark MM and all my alts were his undead minions, had an extensive base that was my pride and joy, all prestige earned and objects unlocked myself in my solo guild Forces of Darkness. I loved to show people around in it!

I would love to chat with anyone who remembers me! This game was there for me through so many chapters of my life and honestly nothing has ever filled the void that it left, as far as games go

Triumph was my jam since the day I started.

Gold Dream / Gilded Nightmare  were my primary hero/villain pair.

Dr. Fatuus

Gentleman Ghast

I can barely remember my characters, sadly.

had a heal/port bot that volunteered on S&R.

Welcome back SecretSkull! I remember how bad I wanted to be a RoA - there were so many alternative SG's like Knights of Apocalypse and Legends of Apocalypse! Too cool!

haha thanks! we actually only had 2 main groups headed up by the 2 brothers (Turbo Starr and Moon Heat). Legends was our level 50 dump atleast until everyone started creating their own SGs for personal bases and stuff. Hunters was a 3rd, iirc, but it wasnt anything special. just created it to satiate a member that wanted his own SG.

BT here! I had severe altitus, though my mains were Black Tongue (blaster), Microwave Jack (corrupter), Lib Quanta (controller), and a scrapper I cannot recall the name of.

I remember some of the names above from teaming with Fusion Force, and having alts in HSC. Hi Kaasha!

I played in many MMO's over the years, but for the last several I had been wishing I could launch COH again, and amazingly we now can!

• Like 1

Good to see other Fellow Triumph-ians here!  I'm hanging out on Excelsior these days. 

Ankha

Ankha Nebu-Ka

Winter Spice

Wonder Spice

Spice Imperious

Spice Cadet

OuterSpice

Theta Spice

Gingerbread Spice (Yes...the Spice MUST flow!)

Splice

Big Bad Wolf

Florifica

Ankhu

And a number of sub-50 toons

Good to be home again.

• 2 weeks later

I was quite a lone-wolf player, so I didn't team often, but my main alt was "Lazorman". My wife @Tahlana grouped a lot more, so some of you may have played with her. My biggest claim to fame was the honor of receiving one of the original Dev's Choice awards for an AE mission ("Batteries Included" - the one with the gothy girl quest giver for those who played it). I'm still proud of that moment! Cheers!

I was on Triumph forever until I had to go to Virtue later in life.

I was in the Circle of Omega for a long time.

Characters:

Lord Silver

Lifegiver

System Glitch

Oni-Shi (villain)

Chosen Disciple

True Chosen Disciple (villain)

Hellforged Unit (villain)

And maybe I'll remember more. Anyone remember? I was a Day 1 guy through several issues.

Hi

My global handle is Psylenz. I had heroes on Triumph and villains on Victory. My main - ArticQuark - was a co-founder of the all-defender SG.

I cannot remember all the players I teamed with but Kleine Teufel and Hequbis were the early members of the Triumphant Defenders.

Kathy, Syberghost, Duncan Storm/Bronze Gaurdian, Accelerator Ray, InNeedofAspirin, SkinEatingBug, Shameless Strumpet

Our SG was in a coalition with the Caste of Anubis. I remember Mr. Samoa, too. I wonder how that kid turned out when he grew up.

• Like 1

Hey guys.  I was a part of the old Gameamp network covering Coh and CoV.  Although in the UK, they got me a US copy so I was doing both games in UK and US.

Most people will remember my debt magnet main - the indomintable FiresprayUK.  Other alt I had was a empath/NRG defender called Flatline.

Currently set up on Excelsior with the SG Echoes of the Fallen.  @firespray1 is global (There is another Firespray!!).

Caught up with some old buddies and making new ones, and yeah, accumulating debt again :D

Hello, @Gen Electric here.

Was on Triumph from May 2004 till the end, though i did spend more time on Virtue the last two years of the game.

I ran with the Knights of Overkill in the early days but later on teamed quite often with Power of One and many others from the HUB global channel.

I am playing on Torchbearer with the same global but only have a couple toons so far. Most of my time is spent playing on a private server with a bunch of old folks from the HUB global channel, but i do get on the homecoming servers from time to time.

Looking forward to running into any old Triumpher's while navigating our city!

I was on a couple servers, but Triumph was my home server from the beginning.  I remember many of you from the server and the forums.

Here's something from our last days on the server, the first (and I think only) successful Really Hard Way Magisterium Trial, successfully completed just a couple days before shutdown.  Because even though the game's going away, a badge is still a badge.

I was on a couple servers, but Triumph was my home server from the beginning.

As was mine. Good to see you again!

There was an (in)famous young-ish troll on the original forums whose name began with "Aby..." and I believe she was also on Triumph. I imagine she would be close to 30 in age now, but I'll never forget her asking out loud on the forums what was wrong with her and why she was unliked and the responses, though brutal ("Because you are a troll!"), were all too true. I often thought about her and people like that and wondered what ever happened to them. Did they turn out ok?

I was on a couple servers, but Triumph was my home server from the beginning.

As was mine. Good to see you again!

There was an (in)famous young-ish troll on the original forums whose name began with "Aby..." and I believe she was also on Triumph. I imagine she would be close to 30 in age now, but I'll never forget her asking out loud on the forums what was wrong with her and why she was unliked and the responses, though brutal ("Because you are a troll!"), were all too true. I often thought about her and people like that and wondered what ever happened to them. Did they turn out ok?

I recall the forum poster in question.  I have no idea about that specific individual, but with some hindsight I believe many posters then as now fell victim to the belief that the goal on public forums is notoriety.  You look around, see what everyone else is doing, and you tend to take notice of and remember the most extreme posters.  With that as your mental model, you try to fit into that group, while also doing something noteworthy that makes you stand out.  That's the internet in a microcosm.  I know for a fact that many less-liked posters had no idea why they were less-liked.  It is a phenomenon I've noticed happening on every forum I've been on before and since.

It doesn't help that our tiny circle of friends and acquaintances are not representative of the world as a whole, and what is acceptable within the circle isn't usually outside.  It can take decades of life experiences to learn that properly.

There were a lot of younger players playing the game.  Some of them very obviously so.  I hope they and everyone else are all doing well today.

Except for that shmuck Twixt.  That smug judgmental academic twit can still go climb a tree.

• Like 1

Except for that shmuck Twixt.  That smug judgmental academic twit can still go climb a tree.

LMFAO!

There was a blaster player who frequented the defender forum and it seemed to me was doing everything in his power to stop defenders from clamoring for more damage because it would lessen his role on teams.

And in the very early days Lothart, I think it was, and I argued about forced teaming (he in favor of forced teaming and I in favor of the game being more solo friendly). I never thought I could almost completely lose my temper on a forum, but I did with him.

Bit late to the party, but it is nice to see a lot of familiar names.

My main global was @Jax but I ended up with @JaxonPenn on Indomitable. Work and life take a toll on the free time for gaming but I hope to catch up with the old Triumph Watch crew.