Any survivors from Triumph?

Sh4rpie

Hi all, I started on Triumph but moved to Virtue after a few years.  If I have any characters worth remembering, they'd be these two:

Legia, a kinetics/archer defender, and the character I most loved to hate to play.  The fast pace of kinetics revved me up something fierce, and I, uh, may have lost my temper a few times.  If you were ever on the receiving end, I do sincerely apologize...

Thantasia, a ghostly illusion/empathy controller, who, if remembered at all, is probably remembered more for her heals than for the majestic art of illusioning.  If you survived with her in the party, it probably wasn't because of the heals...

In Homecoming, I've recreated my first character from CoH, Dash Marlowe, who never found a comfortable powerset combination until Street Justice and Willpower became available - by which time I'd pretty much given up on the concept.  Ironically enough I also played an archery/TA blaster named Street Justice until the powerset came out.  Oh, well.

7 pages of pantslessness here and only a handful on Triumph Watch in game. It's public - go, join, talk to skuls.

Oh I was @mr.verene on Triumph but everyone called me V, still do.

GE, greev's been asking after you, should drop that private server noise.

Arcana come tf with us on indom :D

Chance - we're in dire need of a Liege.

• Thanks 1

Hello, @Gen Electric here.

Was on Triumph from May 2004 till the end, though i did spend more time on Virtue the last two years of the game.

I ran with the Knights of Overkill in the early days but later on teamed quite often with Power of One and many others from the HUB global channel.

I am playing on Torchbearer with the same global but only have a couple toons so far. Most of my time is spent playing on a private server with a bunch of old folks from the HUB global channel, but i do get on the homecoming servers from time to time.

Looking forward to running into any old Triumpher's while navigating our city!

Hello Gen!  Used to team with you all from Power of One back in the day!  Nice to see you back.

• Like 1

Started on Infinity, moved to Triumph.  Had a few on the VIP server whose name I cannot recall.  Mostly soloed but wasn't adverse to teaming when asked.  I was an alt-a-holic.  One even made a brief appearance in Leandro's video of pics taken just before shutdown which tickled me greatly.

Here's a few I remember:

Goddangit

Hypnochick

Faith Healing

Amy Surplus

Knight Paladin

Wandering Tiger

Ali Bubba

Capt. Incompetent

Sweet Little Girl (a tank)

I know there are more I'm forgetting...  The last two were mainly humorous, the rest serious or mostly serious.  I liked back stories.  :)

I'm on Excelsior.

Healix, I remember you!

• Like 1

Glad I found this thread. Been playing for a month or so again, but haven't sought out folks until now.

I only played on Triumph. Had toons in Wild Cards, Wild Cards Royal Flush and Tarot Cards as well as GH. Man, I miss the teamspeak chats.

Anyway, looking forward to seeking out some of the old SG folks who posted here. Feel free to add me, I'm off to log in and find the Triumph chat.

chat handle - @Trephinator

Old toons - The Trephinator, Joe Sombody, Mr. Panama

Hi

My global handle is Psylenz. I had heroes on Triumph and villains on Victory. My main - ArticQuark - was a co-founder of the all-defender SG.

I cannot remember all the players I teamed with but Kleine Teufel and Hequbis were the early members of the Triumphant Defenders.

Kathy, Syberghost, Duncan Storm/Bronze Gaurdian, Accelerator Ray, InNeedofAspirin, SkinEatingBug, Shameless Strumpet

Our SG was in a coalition with the Caste of Anubis. I remember Mr. Samoa, too. I wonder how that kid turned out when he grew up.

Duuuuuuude welcome back! We played together a lot back in the day. Thanks for the reminder of KT too!

For what it's worth, I think I turned out WAY better than I was back in the early CoH days.  ;)

I was on a couple servers, but Triumph was my home server from the beginning.  I remember many of you from the server and the forums.

Here's something from our last days on the server, the first (and I think only) successful Really Hard Way Magisterium Trial, successfully completed just a couple days before shutdown.  Because even though the game's going away, a badge is still a badge.

That was the best!  I kept trying to find my character in the video, but he was a little guy and melee so lost in the thick of it all.  But I did see a warning or two in red for him.  Thanks for the video!

All of my toons were on Triumph, and my sg was Wings over Paragon...Sh4rpie, I remember meeting you in real life and you made me feel like a star!! LOL

Wings!

We were Coalies!  I used to run around with Tzad quite a bit (we are still FB buds in fact).

I probably don't need to introduce myself.

Anyways, I'm on @Snow Globe

I have the local "Snow Globe" on 3 of the Homecoming servers (not Torchbearer though).

Heya Snow; @Saunik here...

<sadface/> why not TB?

All of my toons were on Triumph, and my sg was Wings over Paragon...Sh4rpie, I remember meeting you in real life and you made me feel like a star!! LOL

Wings!

We were Coalies!  I used to run around with Tzad quite a bit (we are still FB buds in fact).

OMG OMG!!!!!!! Tell Tzad I said hi, and try and get his butt in here!!!!!!!! I had the "Here Comes the Boom" video he made for a long time, but can't find it any more.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

I played on Triumph from 2004 to 2011ish, mostly with my girlfriend at the time (Ms Thailand) and mostly with the GH ventrilo regulars. I was a member of Wild Cards, Global Heroics, and The Midnighters.

Mr Thailand, MA/Regen scrapper

Rakurai, Elec/elec blaster

Mr South Korea, Ice/Kinetic Controller

Chindi Klesh, MF'ing warshade

and a thousand alts, of course.

Currently downloading, can't wait to log in!

WOW, overwhelmed to see so many familiar handles. Togo(thanks for emailing me the shutdown-photos: https://imgur.com/a/ApT6yCZ), Italy, Sh4rpie, Finland, Dr Earl Grey, Peru, Malawi!(tell Scotty Hi!), Anti-Cat!

I'm going to reach out to a couple of the GH fellas that I still have on facebook, make sure they are aware of this.

Sh4rpie, didn't we roll an archer duo once upon a time? Full-Draw and...? I can't remember your name, but it was way better than mine, lol.

Cool, was wondering if other Global Heroics folk were around. I was a casual member mostly with my main hero Miss Moldova. :)

Well, I really fought the pull to come back but... it's CoH. I have to at least look around, even if I have stayed away from MMORPGs ever since.

I played on Triumph and Guardian. My group was pretty insular most times, but we were known for Hamidon raiding in the heyday and were way into badging during events. I don't even know which of my toons would spark memories, I switched alts out like nothing to suit whatever situation. Most had regular "people names" because they were all based on my original characters. My original two on Triumph were Lincoln Keiran (ma/sr scrapper) and Amanda Moray (grav/rad controller) but by sunset I had more than 50 fully kitted 50s.

...Glad I never threw away my notebook with all my build and badge tracking >: )

Oakenshield here! I just found you guys, and holy crap I cannot describe the feeling I had last night. Please reach out if a dwarf with silver and red armor rings a bell. Others may include White Rhino Purp (fire/fire brute) or any "oak" derivitive. So glad to reconnect. Hope to hear from you all soon. EVIL, if your out there man, hope you're well!

Had a few toons, but my main was Sturm und Drang, and Electrice/WP Brute.

I kind of feel awful, because I'm trying to remember the names of guild members, and I'm drawing a blank. I guess it has been nearly ten years. I can't even remember our guild name. Something or other of Triumph maybe. We were villain-side. I remember two real names, I'll just abbreviate them A and D. I remember a father-in-law/son-in-law duo whose real-life work consisted of building hydrogen-powered engines, oh, and I remember Yu. His first toon was Yu Dai Nao, but he made a few more with Yu in the name.

• 2 weeks later
On 7/10/2019 at 11:19 AM, arcaneholocaust said:

I was Rikti Commando and a few dozen others. I was also a child for the majority of the old game’s life, so I expect memories of me are not all positive.

P.S. Hi Psy 🙂

LOL, I thought you were a kid back then. Nice to see you again RC 😄

Obsidius

Excelsior Server | The Nightwatch

NW-738

I called Triumph home back in the day.  Ran with Heads of Cerberus/Halls of Pantheon at the end, but I've had toons in Heroes of Justice & Liberty, & Paragon Regulators.  Compatriots of mine included Steel Paladins, Fusion Force, and (again, towards the end) a few people in Old School who probably don't remember me much now.  Also a few times with ShardWarrior above (I remember Birds of Prey, but not what it was renamed into after Paragon Studios asked the SG to be renamed, so my memory will need to be jogged.)

After 2012, I played on several Cryptic Games (because free.)  I dabbled in Champions Online and Neverwinter with friends both from the Live Game-that-was, as well as new ones I've made who are also COH Refugees, but the only game I consistently play (even now) is Star Trek Online.  I bought a Lifetime Sub on the first year it launched hoping I'd keep playing with co-workers, only to see them drift apart after I changed careers.  In 2015, Paragon Chat came out, so the following year, I set out to throw a 12th Anniversary Party on it with volunteers for the City of Heroes Community.  It even got some press. The volunteers wanted to keep going, so we renamed the group Hero Events Resource Committee (HERC) and added more events throughout the year. 😄 It's been a fun ride, even though I had to step down recently as their leader due to real-life needs.  (This was decided WELL before April, by the way.  I've been planning to move elsewhere in the country for a while now.)

Currently I'm on Everlasting with Cape Radio DJ friends I've made in the last three years hosting parties through HERC.  Here's a look at what we did before on Titan Network before Homecoming was launched.  Right now, HERC is on hiatus until this Fall, when they'll determine what the rest of the year looks like, but they'll be back.  As for me, I'll be relocating elsewhere in the United States hopefully soon with my better half and her son, so I might need to go for a few weeks, but I should be back on Homecoming regularly (as well as back on the air with Cape Radio on Friday Nights) sometime this Fall.

Edited by Tahquitz
Moar truf.
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.