Most Knockback

wolfshadow31

Hi all.  I'm choosing a knockback character for theme reasons.  I'm looking for the AT and power sets that offer the most knockback.  Right now, I'm thinking Grav/Storm Controller.  Anyone have any other ideas on something with more knockback?  It's for a knockback themed SG. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

Energy/Energy blaster. You can slot every primary with KB. Power boost in secondary amplifies secondary effects (KB), and Power Thrust (T1 secondary) can yield maximum "yeet".

Not to mention the glory that is build up + power boost + Nova. And don't get me started on the bowling applications with Energy Torrent. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Storm/Energy Defender is probably right up there. Get the version of Clarion with +Special for even more oomph.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

A big fan of Energy/ on most range, as well as /Energy on Blasters and Doms as well as FF and Storm on Fenders and Corrs.

I do have another toon that hinges on KB, Storm/Beam Rifle Fender. He's a bird guy, so the gust of his wings makes thematic sense. quite fun to play solo (I couldn't care less about teammates' request to slot KB-KD... they shouldn't have invited a bird guy with massive wings).

Another place you can get KB is the Fighting Pool. Kick and Cross Punch as well as Spring Attack from Leaping also deals KB (now that I think about it Savage Melee has some as well).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, roleki said:

Depends.  If you want the most KB going in one general direction, En/En blaster is there for you.  If you want stuff flying every which way, go Bots/Storm.  

I've been on teams with Bots/Storm. Utter chaos. CHAOS!!

(OOC: while its not always 'optimal', I enjoy the chaos of CoH combat. Powers lighting up the room. Bodies flying (thank you PhysX!), things running. Its so different from the old ritualistic days of Everquest where you'd carefully pull, mez, tank and spank, rest, then rinse and repeat. Yes, I do recall early CoH was similar, with people frequently 'Taking a Knee', but I think its better nowadays, overall (even if its a bit more rush rush speed zerg)

• Thanks 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Ill add in for Energy Energy its  as high impact as they come

Super Strength does a good bit of KB as well

and any Stormy will send people flying with ease

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

10 hours ago, wolfshadow31 said:

Hi all.  I'm choosing a knockback character for theme reasons.  I'm looking for the AT and power sets that offer the most knockback.  Right now, I'm thinking Grav/Storm Controller.  Anyone have any other ideas on something with more knockback?  It's for a knockback themed SG. 

Thanks!

I have a Force Field / Energy Defender set up for Knockback.

He is, appropriately, named Agent Knockback.

He's part of my stable of Agents:

Agent Widow (Night Widow)

Agent Buffbot (Bots/Kinetics MM)

Agent Legacy (Grav/Time Controller)

Agent Dispatch (Merc/Empathy MM)

Agent of the Streets (Thugs/Traps MM)

Agent Standin (Warshade)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dain Bramage said:

Energy/Energy blaster. You can slot every primary with KB. Power boost in secondary amplifies secondary effects (KB), and Power Thrust (T1 secondary) can yield maximum "yeet".

Not to mention the glory that is build up + power boost + Nova. And don't get me started on the bowling applications with Energy Torrent. 🙂

Although ED forever killed the hilarity that was Hellion Golf. Take a /EM blaster, six-slot Power Thrust for KB, then go to the edge of the zone in AP and find a Hellion. Hit Power Boost, then hit the Hellion with Power Thrust, and watch him go flying across the whole zone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Although ED forever killed the hilarity that was Hellion Golf. Take a /EM blaster, six-slot Power Thrust for KB, then go to the edge of the zone in AP and find a Hellion. Hit Power Boost, then hit the Hellion with Power Thrust, and watch him go flying across the whole zone.

There should be a level check for KB, and if a player is +10 or more to the mob, KB effects increase by X% for each level above the critter.  I sorely miss knocking Hellions so far across the zone that other players had to act as spotters and give coordinates where it landed.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Thanks for the responses so far everyone. You’ve given me a lot to think about.

Bots/Storm is probably out...cuz I can’t stand the sound of the Bots. 

Energy/Energy blaster sounds great. 

Ill check out Illusion/Storm. 

The SG is still in the planning stages, but will probably be on Torchbearer, as I’ve no characters in any other shards. 

4 hours ago, wolfshadow31 said:

The SG is still in the planning stages, but will probably be on Torchbearer, as I’ve no characters in any other shards. 

Let us know when that happens.  I'm not sure I have any active on Torch, but I'd love to have a version of my energy/energy blapper with the KB unleashed.

10 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Take a /EM blaster, six-slot Power Thrust for KB, then go to the edge of the zone in AP and find a Hellion. Hit Power Boost, then hit the Hellion with Power Thrust, and watch him go flying across the whole zone.

Team Rocket is blasting off again!  *sun twinkle*

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 hours ago, wolfshadow31 said:

I decided on Storm/Energy Defender for now!  I just love Defenders. 🙂  The buffs...the debuffs!  🙂

Ok, um, good luck with that!

On live I mained a storm energy fender for about 5 years and yes the knockback is all encompassing. The third time you accidentally nova your foes out of your lightning storm you will be cussing a blue streak.  What I mean is that the two dont synergize as well as, say, grav storm troller.  The storm and the energy sets seem to work against each other rather than together.  I love KB as much as the next gal but I do tend to appreciate my KB to have the same basic goals in a fight lol.  Its all about trajectories.

There have been some improvements here on HC that may make the sets play nicely together.

Seriously, I hope you enjoy your project and knock those foes into next week so you can hit 'em again next time 😁