Most Knockback

wolfshadow31

6 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Ok, um, good luck with that!

On live I mained a storm energy fender for about 5 years and yes the knockback is all encompassing. The third time you accidentally nova your foes out of your lightning storm you will be cussing a blue streak.  What I mean is that the two dont synergize as well as, say, grav storm troller.  The storm and the energy sets seem to work against each other rather than together.  I love KB as much as the next gal but I do tend to appreciate my KB to have the same basic goals in a fight lol.  Its all about trajectories.

There have been some improvements here on HC that may make the sets play nicely together.

Seriously, I hope you enjoy your project and knock those foes into next week so you can hit 'em again next time 😁

I’ll be playing with an all KB supergroup, so I am banking that all the other knockbacks will knock enemies  back into my lightning storm ! Hmm...I guess with  enough opposing knockbacks you could kinda keep enemies floundering around in a sort of stasis field.  Or...knockback field...🤪

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wolfshadow31 said:

I’ll be playing with an all KB supergroup, so I am banking that all the other knockbacks will knock enemies  back into my lightning storm ! Hmm...I guess with  enough opposing knockbacks you could kinda keep enemies floundering around in a sort of stasis field.  Or...knockback field...🤪

A Controller can tank 2 or 3 bosses with Repulsion Field (or any power with repel other than Singularity, maybe) and a handy corner.

I suppose that a Defender or Corruptor could as well.

On 11/13/2020 at 4:14 AM, Dain Bramage said:

Energy/Energy blaster. You can slot every primary with KB. Power boost in secondary amplifies secondary effects (KB), and Power Thrust (T1 secondary) can yield maximum "yeet".

Not to mention the glory that is build up + power boost + Nova. And don't get me started on the bowling applications with Energy Torrent. 🙂

Powerboost does not affect knockback 

19 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Kinetics Repel also gives you all of the KB that you might desire.

Kinetics/Repel is highly situational, but I've never once considered skipping it. 

Back in the Old Days, I'd have groups break up while some of us were DEEP in the sewers, or in the middle of the Perez maze.

I'd activate Repel and freight-train my way out.  It was surprisingly effective as long as you could round a corner before they could shoot you.

And in some very low level groups I'd use it to play Goalie in between using Mind Control's Hold + Sleep, keeping stray mobs away from other squishies.

Knockback is practically a bad word in some circles nowadays, of course.

But man, it used to save the day for folks time and again.

My current duo pair is an Illusion/Storm Controller and a Storm/Energy Defender.  We're currently at level 29 in Croatoa, throwing pumpkins and witches around, and it's great fun!  We might not have the highest DPS, but nothing ever stays on its feet long enough to try to kill us.  My hope is that when we eventually get enough recharge we should be able to have four or five Tornadoes out at the same time.

• Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

• 1 month later
On 11/14/2020 at 8:10 AM, EmmySky said:

Ok, um, good luck with that!

On live I mained a storm energy fender for about 5 years and yes the knockback is all encompassing. The third time you accidentally nova your foes out of your lightning storm you will be cussing a blue streak.  What I mean is that the two dont synergize as well as, say, grav storm troller.  The storm and the energy sets seem to work against each other rather than together.  I love KB as much as the next gal but I do tend to appreciate my KB to have the same basic goals in a fight lol.  Its all about trajectories.

There have been some improvements here on HC that may make the sets play nicely together.

Seriously, I hope you enjoy your project and knock those foes into next week so you can hit 'em again next time 😁

just gotta grab Fold Space to yank the nova'd enemies back to you!  Rubberband their asses!

Also, I would love to join the KB supergroup lol

• Like 2

All great suggestions.

Weirdly, my favorite knockback power is actually a knockUP power:  Crushing Uppercut.  Sometimes I'll take a high lvl toon with this and go into Atlas Park and punch random goons- just so I can watch them rocket into the sky and go supraorbital.   😆

Glad you found a team that is knockback positive.  It's a really fun aspect of CoH that perfectly emulates the genre.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 10:22 PM, MTeague said:

Kinetics/Repel is highly situational, but I've never once considered skipping it. 

Back in the Old Days, I'd have groups break up while some of us were DEEP in the sewers, or in the middle of the Perez maze.

I'd activate Repel and freight-train my way out.  It was surprisingly effective as long as you could round a corner before they could shoot you.

And in some very low level groups I'd use it to play Goalie in between using Mind Control's Hold + Sleep, keeping stray mobs away from other squishies.

Knockback is practically a bad word in some circles nowadays, of course.

But man, it used to save the day for folks time and again.

My Kin/Psy defender took it way back, probably i6 or so.  Saved the day once while a friend and I were duo'ing.   We'd triggered a large DE ambush while in Skyway.  It was a small backyard sort of area, fenced in on 3 sides, a building on the 4th.  DE started popping over the fence.  On came Repel.  We probably saw some of those DE 5 or 6 times.  They'd hop over, Repel send them flying right back over while my friends blaster whittled them down.  Think that was one of the few DE fights either of us ever had where neither of us got mezzed.  Giant backyard popcorn machine 😛.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2020 at 3:03 AM, PyrioldFarm said:

Peacebringer has a lot of knockback.

That is for sure.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **