The Future - An Open Letter from the Homecoming Team

Jimmy

20 minutes ago, zolinar said:

Can you please  get rid of BOWS for ninja MM and give them a sword attack instead.

Presently, none of the Mastermind sets have a melee attack.

Your options are going with the Fighting Power Pool and get Kick, Boxing and Crosspunch. In addition you can also go down the Charge Mastery Epic Power Pool for Thunder Strike, Leviathan Mastery has Knockout Blow and Mu Mastery also has access to Thunder Strike along with the Charged Armor toggle.

That being said, the Mastermind class scales damage at a 0.550 ratio so nothing you will be doing with your MM will ever hit harder than a wet noodle

Edited by Seigmoraig

Hi Hi Everyone,

Just a couple of notions i have been thinking or wanting for some time.

Perhaps the ability to costume our MM pets. Mercenaries who look like PPD, or thugs who look like carnies?

Also the savage assault 'bird attacks' are some of my favorites, but maybe with a preset option in the colors to make them bats? or flying spiders >.>

perhaps just some flying 'somethings' for toon concepts, like a swarm of occilators, drones, blades, (or flying spiders)

(Ok i might have a dark-elf matron with savage assault)

TY for listening, and see you in world!

Nyx

• Like 2

Just one question I do have.... Has anyone heard any updates as of late about the negociations and whats going on with them?

EMERALD STAR PUB DISCORD: 

Hey guys.  Need a place to go online were you can forget eberything going on in the real world?  Place to let loose have fun and a laugh?  Well come on down to the Emerald star pub.  A fun place to be thats both ooc and rp chat.  You want to know more theres an invite below to come check us out and have some fun

Emerald Star Pub

6 minutes ago, EmeraldFox said:

Just one question I do have.... Has anyone heard any updates as of late about the negociations and whats going on with them?

No, and very likely we won't hear anything until they are concluded.  In fact, since we don't know what the terms of the likely NDA that governs communications on this, we don't even know if they could tell us if they fail.  So, we will have to just keep on playing, until we hear different.  There's really not much else we can do.  I'd love to know too, but since we have no control over any of this, and the frequency of asking about it does not change their ability to answer, we just gotta do what we do, keep fingers crossed that it is successful, and that it concludes sooner than later.  😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

Take solace in the recent work being done by the Homecoming development team. This effort would likely not take place if some change was imminent.

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

37 minutes ago, Troo said:

Take solace in the recent work being done by the Homecoming development team. This effort would likely not take place if some change was imminent.

True!  They likely wouldn't be wasting their time if they knew it was not for the long-term. 

1 hour ago, Troo said:

Or, if there is a change, it would be a good one.

For me, it’s the focus on both future-proofing (64-bit client is HUGE in this regard) and backend code cleanup/documentation (making all future work easier) that is why I chose Homecoming over any of the other server groups.

Those aren’t the things you do if you’re just trying to bask in nostalgia while you still can. That’s the actions of a team focused on the long haul.

I just wanted to tell you guys 'thanks' for bringing the game back. I played from about 3 months in until the servers went down. Then I hesitated until now before re-creating my characters again. I was holding out, waiting to see if NC soft took any action. I didn't want to go through building heroes up again to see them taken away a second time. But now I'm back and my main is about to hit 40 after only a few weeks of play. I'm happy to be back in the city. Thanks again! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, dominatr37 said:

I just wanted to tell you guys 'thanks' for bringing the game back. I played from about 3 months in until the servers went down. Then I hesitated until now before re-creating my characters again. I was holding out, waiting to see if NC soft took any action. I didn't want to go through building heroes up again to see them taken away a second time. But now I'm back and my main is about to hit 40 after only a few weeks of play. I'm happy to be back in the city. Thanks again! 

Welcome back!  Another wayward hero who found his way home!

• Like 3

• 3 months later

Work continues as it has from the beginning.  Perhaps more slowly, given the current state of the world.  Perhaps more methodically, so that implemented changes are thoroughly tested before going live.  Much goes on behind the scenes that we are always completely unaware of, but there is always something brewing.  Considering the complete volunteer nature of this effort, I'd say we're doing pretty well.  You might not get a new costume piece, or other shiny of the week here, but you do have a stable, 64-bit client for both PC, and MAC, and a high enough constant population to do pretty much anything you want in-game.  All in all, not a bad situation which will only get better with time.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later

City of Heroes exists in a world where we will probably never see a major update.  So, I suggest a greater use of the content that does exist. Another way to play more of the game.

I suggest the ability to TF your solo character to a level of your choosing.  And do any content in that level range.

Yes, I know Ouro solves most of these issues. But it does not have all the odd storylines that mostly gather dust.

I am a completionist. I have soloed every story arc Redside multiple times. I do love the entire run.  Gritty, petty, strange, and fun.

I have never successfully soloed all Blueside content. Two major factors, maybe three. !) There is a lot more of it. 2) It is 9in my opinion) not as well written as Redside 3) I do not appear to be much of a hero.

If I was able to log onto a main at 50 and decide to spend a night doing X level story arcs, then go back to 50-ing Incarnate content, it would open up more gaming options.

It looks (from a surface glance) as if all the coding exists for this. Just putting in an interface would be needed. On the surface it looks like that anyways.  I know CoX code has more squirrels than Central Park.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents on how to get even more mileage out of the old car.

• 3 weeks later

When you login, and use the wrong password, a modal dialog pops up telling you that you're an idiot.  If you press Enter, it submits your wrong password again, and shows you the same dialog again.  As far as I know, you must use the mouse to dismiss the dialog, then re-enter your password.

It would make me unreasonably happy if pressing enter would clear the dialog, and highlight your password.

Yes, I know this is immensely autistic, but hopefully it's also a quick change.  :D

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Pragmataraxia said:

When you login, and use the wrong password, a modal dialog pops up telling you that you're an idiot.  If you press Enter, it submits your wrong password again, and shows you the same dialog again.  As far as I know, you must use the mouse to dismiss the dialog, then re-enter your password.

It would make me unreasonably happy if pressing enter would clear the dialog, and highlight your password.

Yes, I know this is immensely autistic, but hopefully it's also a quick change.  :D

On a similar note, I'd love it if we could press Enter after entering the correct password in order to log on instead of having to mouse click the Log In button.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cinnder said:

On a similar note, I'd love it if we could press Enter after entering the correct password in order to log on instead of having to mouse click the Log In button.

...mine does that.  I never use the mouse, I just type my password, hit enter and off I go. 

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 9:06 PM, Skyhawke said:

...mine does that.  I never use the mouse, I just type my password, hit enter and off I go. 

Ah interesting!  Enter does indeed work, but Numpad Enter does not.  I was using the latter.  Thanks!

• 1 month later

I was a diehard player back in the ncsoft days and made some great friends.  

I only learned of it coming back a few months ago and started playing.   Been playing for almost 3 months now and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you homecoming team for bringing it back and keeping it going and sticking to your goal of this being a true homecoming:)

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later

Well, I think the bell curve of the charts that have been provided by users in this thread should be incentive to alter powers. People flock to specific builds to farm or for the path with the least resistance way to much in CoH. I enjoy seeing people thinking outside of the box for builds. Content for me would be the best improvement, more costumes, particle effects, IOs, powers, etc. Masterminds really need something but.. I cannot put my finger on what.

One request I have when tweaking/balancing powers is to please refrain from making all power sets feel the same.  The fact that ATs and power sets feel so different from one another is what keeps me coming back to CoX (and lack of such is usually one of the main reasons that made me quit other MMOs).

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 7:58 PM, Abraxus said:

So, with this, Tony V has announced his departure, and the "merging" of Homecoming, and The Titan Network.

Tony V announces departure, and future of Titan Network

Looks like Tony V deleted his post.  Can anyone who had a chance to read it summarize?  All I get from reading the rest of the thread is that he got engaged.