Storm/Water Defender or Water/Storm Corr?

Fomsie

Hello all.

I am faced with a conundrum! I made and leveled/incarnated a Water/Storm corrupter, and she is a blast to play... but I realized that none of my secondary powers apply Scourge, which is very disappointing as that takes close to half of my regular damaging abilities out of the special corrupter damage mechanic.

So now the question is, should I reroll as a Defender for slightly less damage, but bigger buff and debuff numbers? Anyone have any experience with one or both versions that could give some advice? It would be much appreciated.

Storm is a bit weirdly balanced, and the defender version does slightly more damage than the corruptor version with lightning storm doing more damage and tornado being the same (for some reason). And there is the whole Scourge issue...

It's also worth paying attention to the levels when powers become available - I think defenders round out sooner because water gets good early and storm is a bit indifferent until later levels.

I had a lot of fun with my storm/water defender.

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I could use some help (this is a storm/water/dark build) on this EXACT topic! My defenses are kind of all over the place. Frankly, I am not entirely sure what I need to be doing.

The slotting (but not positioning) for recall friend (combat teleport placeholder) and teleport foe (fold space placeholder) have to be slotted that way; 2 and 3. Ideally I would like another slot for 3 set zephyr for the +defense....

No incarnates are currently slotted.  Again, NO IDEA what I am doing. 🙂 I am playing her, but right now I have almost zero end after any sort of protracted fight. (slotted generics)

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Defender
Primary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Secondary Power Set: Water Blast
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: O2 Boost -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hydro Blast -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(25)
Level 4: Water Burst -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(5), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(21)
Level 6: Steamy Mist -- ImpSki-Status(A), Ags-ResDam(7), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9), LucoftheG-Def(9), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(11)
Level 8: Freezing Rain -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(25), Empty(27), Empty(27), Empty(34), Empty(36)
Level 10: Whirlpool -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Ann-ResDeb%(11), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(13), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(17), Artl-Dam/Rech(19)
Level 12: Hurricane -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(36), ExpStr-Dmg/KB(36), ExpStr-Acc/KB(37), ExpStr-Dam%(37), Empty(37)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15), LucoftheG-Def(15), Ksm-ToHit+(17)
Level 16: Assault -- Empty(A), Empty(46)
Level 18: Tactics -- Empty(A), Empty(50)
Level 20: Recall Friend -- Empty(A), Empty(46)
Level 22: Teleport -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Teleport Foe -- Empty(A), Empty(40), Empty(43)
Level 26: Tornado -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Water Jet -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(29), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Lightning Storm -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(34)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- RzzDzz-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 38: Geyser -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(39), Artl-Dam/Rech(39), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(39), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(40), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(40)
Level 41: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(42), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def(45), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 47: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), GldArm-3defTpProc(50)
Level 49: Soul Drain -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
------------

Alpha Cardiac Incarnate slot should fix your endurance trouble.

I cannot imagine having a stormy without snow storm.

Interesting that you skipped Dehydrate. It's a decent source of self-heal.

You can slot some for increased recovery and +end before incarnate levels with procs in heal and stamina that would make a significant effect.

Your toggles are not slotted enough for endurance. Freezing Rain should come up enough it should have 35-50% endurance cost reduction to cast. 

I wouldn't skip Steam Spray. It's a nice damaging cone. Slot some range and profit.

Slotting some force feedback +rech procs in Water Burst and Geyser would be advisable as well.

I may edit more in later.

• Like 1

I think Dehydrate is a major power for Water/Storm (or Storm/Water), because by putting in a +End proc IO in there, it can help with endurance management more than using other attacks that don't have a chance to bring back Endurance. And it brings back health, and it can take an Achilles Heel to help the Storm powers do more damage.

• Like 1

So, do you guys recommend NOT taking hurricane? Because I am finding it to be, well, complicated in mishs. Even solo it is messy. I can position and herd as long as there is no outside influence, but I always run in a team, so it doesnt seem worth it?

Also, oh crap, I totally forgot to proc out health, and to bump stamina. 😐

Back to the drawing board!

I really hate leaving it until incarnates to deal with endurance. So much of the game is spent exemplared down.

3 hours ago, Coyote said:

I think Dehydrate is a major power for Water/Storm (or Storm/Water), because by putting in a +End proc IO in there, it can help with endurance management more than using other attacks that don't have a chance to bring back Endurance. And it brings back health, and it can take an Achilles Heel to help the Storm powers do more damage.

@Hew This is what I did. It really does help keep things going. Dehydrate is a decent attack that also heals you and can also recharge endurance with a proc. It's a very easy pick for me.

I really recommend going for Mu and taking Power Sink as soon as you can - it's a massive endurance boosting power. Conserve Power can also really help. Storm has a few big hitter powers with massive endurance costs and it's easy to burn out. I'd also leave Assault until as late as you possibly can as endurance is such an issue with storm. If you do want to go for Soul, take Dark Consumption. Managing endurance is a big part of running a stormie.

Water can take a lot of +recharge procs from Force Feedback - shove everyone one you can in your build. Storm lives on high recharge (which sadly makes endurance even more of a problem).

Put some damage enhancements in Tornado - it's one of your bread and butter powers and to not make the most of it would be foolish. It's a chaotic pet, but it also does a lot of damage. It's more powerful than a Blaster's nuke, just as a slow DoT rather than a big bang.

I tend to not really use hurricane, if I'm honest. It's a decent power on paper (if you manage the repel effect) but people often get pissy about knockback etc.

I usually skip the Fighting pool on non-tanky builds. You've got a hell of a lot of soft control (lots of knockdown) and I find it hard to justify, but that's me.

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

I'd do defender... better Leadership buffs, better storm powers. I also like to group more so this suits that,

If you solo a lot or do a ton of content with only teams of 2 or 3, corruptor would be better.

• Like 1

Everlasting
Light Star character series
Twink character series

16 hours ago, Hew said:

So, do you guys recommend NOT taking hurricane? Because I am finding it to be, well, complicated in mishs. Even solo it is messy. I can position and herd as long as there is no outside influence, but I always run in a team, so it doesnt seem worth it?

I like it on my Plant / Storm, but as an occasional "I'm bored. I'll push things back into the death-patch" rather than something running all the time. 

That said things are really tight slotwise in this build and you're skipping three cool Water powers. Tidal Forces is not only a Build Up, it also gives you 3 Tidal levels and 3 Tidal Levels = way more damaging Geyser (base damage goes up significantly). Dehydrate is a great "sustain" power with the self-heal. Steam Spray is a decent cone. So you could drop hurricane for something else (Steam Spray for example).

Keeping your Teleport requirements and based on the fact that Ranged Defense is the best thing to aim for here, coupled with how goddamn End heavy Storm is I'd aim for something like this. If you decide Steam Spray over Hurricane then at least 2 Anniliation will give you an End discount bonus. 

Edit : another thought, why not drop Hydro, slot up Aqua instead and then take another "1 slot" power. Victory Rush for example since it grants Recovery and End Discount. 

No Winters or Purples here because I don't slot sets of them (too expensive for me given my altsis)

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: O2 Boost -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(46), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46), NmnCnv-Heal(50)
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hydro Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(25)
Level 4: Water Burst -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(5), Artl-Dam/Rech(5), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(19), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(21), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(21)
Level 6: Steamy Mist -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(7), LucoftheG-Def(7), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9), Rct-ResDam%(9), Rct-Def/EndRdx(11)
Level 8: Freezing Rain -- RechRdx-I(A), TchofLadG-Rchg/EndRdx(25)
Level 10: Whirlpool -- Artl-Dam/End(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(11), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(13), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(13), Artl-Acc/Dam(17), Artl-Dam/Rech(19)
Level 12: Hurricane -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(36), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(36), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(37)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(15), LucoftheG-Def(15), Ksm-ToHit+(17)
Level 16: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Tactics -- ToHit-I(A)
Level 20: Recall Friend -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Teleport -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Teleport Foe -- Empty(A), Empty(40)
Level 26: Tornado -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(27), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 28: Water Jet -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(29), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 30: Tidal Forces -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(37)
Level 32: Lightning Storm -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34), EndRdx-I(34)
Level 35: Power Sink -- PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(50)
Level 38: Geyser -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(39), Artl-Dam/Rech(39), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(39), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(40), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(40)
Level 41: Dehydrate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 47: Charged Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48), UnbGrd-ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(43), EndMod-I(46)
------------

Edited by Carnifax

This is (roughly) my build that I took to 50 a while ago.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Gale -- FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(A)
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(3), Dcm-Build%:40(43), ShlBrk-%Dam:30(46), TchofLadG-%Dam:40(48)
Level 2: Hydro Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg:50(A), ImpSwf-Dam%:30(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(15), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(46), ExpStr-Dam%:20(48)
Level 4: Water Burst -- Ann-ResDeb%:50(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg:50(5), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(13), ExpStr-Dam%:20(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(43), ImpSwf-Dam%:30(46)
Level 6: Steamy Mist -- Rct-ResDam%:50(A), Rct-Def:50(7), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(7), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(11), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(17)
Level 8: Freezing Rain -- ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:30(A), ShlBrk-Acc/Rchg:30(9), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg:30(9)
Level 10: Whirlpool -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb:50(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(11), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg:50(13)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(19), BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(19), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:50(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(50)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel:50(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(45)
Level 16: Tidal Forces -- GssSynFr--Build%:50(A)
Level 18: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 20: Dehydrate -- ThfofEss-+End%:30(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg:50(21), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(23), TchofLadG-%Dam:50(31), TchoftheN-%Dam:50(33)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-EndRdx:50(A), RedFrt-Def:50(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(25), RedFrt-Def/Rchg:50(25), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg:50(27), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(27)
Level 24: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx:50(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg:50(37)
Level 26: Tornado -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD:50(A), ExpStr-Dam%:20(29), ExpStr-Dmg/KB:20(29), ExpStr-Acc/KB:20(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(31)
Level 28: Water Jet -- Thn-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), ImpSwf-Dam%:30(36), Apc-Dam%:50(50)
Level 30: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 32: Lightning Storm -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(33), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), SuddAcc--KB/+KD:50(34), ExpStr-Dam%:20(34), PrfShf-End%:50(34)
Level 35: Power Sink -- AdrAdj-EndMod:20(A), AdrAdj-EndMod/Rchg:20(39), AdrAdj-EndMod/Acc/Rchg:20(45)
Level 38: Geyser -- SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg:50(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%:50(40), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(40), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(40)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc:50(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(42)
Level 44: Hasten -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx-I:50(50)
Level 47: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(48)
Level 49: Victory Rush -- PrfShf-End%:50(A)

Defences are around 30%, with 45+ for Ranged, and I rarely take Hover off. It also has respectable damage resists.

Solid-enough attack chain, enough soft control to take on elite bosses. I've got a fair few powers dedicated to managing endurance because of the amount of recharge I went for.

Looking at this again, yeah there is scary endurance usage running both leadership toggles and fighting toggles. It would be hard to balance your endurance management without a pocket kinetic/cold (for heat loss)/ or electric affinity running with you.

Beside dehydrate and steam spray, another ability to consider is gale slotted with KB > KD and a Force feedback -recharge proc. You gain the soft control knockdown (which functions like a short hold since the enemy can't attack while getting up) and another recharge boost.

Remember on tactics, you have a sweet -defense / -resist in freezing rain and a nice -defense in your water blasts including whirlpool.

In short, I would pare back on a couple leaderships, pick up some other low endurance use clickies and as noted shore up endurance usage in health and stamina.

1 hour ago, Gulbasaur said:

Defences are around 30%, with 45+ for Ranged, and I rarely take Hover off. It also has respectable damage resists.

45% with Incarnates, 39% without. Issue there is that it locks you into one Alpha when Cardiac is amazing for Stormies. 

After some hacking, moving things around a tiny, I ended up here:

image.png.3ec7fa8979ba649ea0eda70682e20894.png

With Support hybrid:

image.png.40f15bc7ba80e1070c5ab2321eca5669.png

I don't have cane, and I dont have the buildup. Otherwise, the build is fairly similar. 109 end, so +recov has a bigger margin.  Soooo excited for release!

Looks good! Remember that storm summoning is as near to a control set as you'll get for a defender, so you lean less on Defence than you might with other powersets (what can't stand up can't hurt you). The main problem I find is lack of damage - I can basically lock down enemies from hurting me, but defeating them is a bit slow. 

One nice thing about Storm is that even if you get mezzed a lot of what you've done just carries on regardless. 

I think this is as good as I can do without combat jumping. You aren't quite to the melee softcap, but you are very very close. Also, the FF proc should be perma pretty much lol. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

Level 50 Magic Defender
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: O2 Boost -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Aqua Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 2: Snow Storm -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Water Burst -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(5), Artl-Dam/End(7), FrcFdb-Rechg%(7)
Level 6: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(9), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(50), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 8: Freezing Rain -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Whirlpool -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(11), Artl-Dam/Rech(11), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(13), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(15), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(15)
Level 12: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13)
Level 14: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Tidal Forces -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(17), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(21), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(23), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(25), GssSynFr--Build%(25)
Level 18: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 20: Dehydrate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(43), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(23)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 26: Tornado -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(27), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(29), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31)
Level 28: Water Jet -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(36)
Level 30: Recall Friend -- Empty(A), Empty(31)
Level 32: Lightning Storm -- SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), PrfShf-End%(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 35: Dark Consumption -- PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 38: Geyser -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%(42), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43)
Level 44: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(46), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(46)
Level 47: Teleport Foe -- Empty(A), Empty(48), Empty(48)
Level 49: Teleport -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1508;708;1416;HEX;|
|78DA6594CB4F135114C6EF4C6780F26E790B05CBAB50646879B82551D4A8608898B|
|86C2630B48D306DCA90E8C20818363E124D4C5CF18CCF8D0B5FFC3DAED4058ACFA8|
|9B7A7ACF47996426697F77BE73E7DCEF9C33EDD4F589CA57E756C785527D7AC15C5|
|A4A4C58F3963D67E5F42933999E1585AB943EA1433D716A797EDE987132B9C5C4CC|
|F2E262C64EDBC9D662F4B26927AD39E3AAE914B652462770DE4E5939CB768CC345C|
|D7426B3604C5A263DB0944A67ABE4FDD97432E550AE72793793B5ACB9A05C5EB116|
|AC6C26E7984E3A6307CE64D3B3C68499BB9698A2E456EE4633B98BD2E78E2A70E58|
|5D8F70911D7C4CDAEA2A68B0D2135758B59B6C9ECDE067798915DE65DCAA7209F12|
|2E687E718BF2F958D37C314DEED346C0316689A6CBBD25EBAABCBF47D015F6A0D72|
|B3256D6C0ACFDC93EBB7F31E3BFC13FCCFB2A77BFE0A1141E56C8831F35F97DBADC|
|57AE813AB3B284595D0A96310394AC82BD2815F052092F0AC5AA7056559E2EB14A2|
|7D5E0A49A275C4DED5366FD3366E37366F30BF025D347D9027C922F802A83A83288|
|2AEB51E51A9D538773EA30A528A613C5B40631A5214C298E2969744E032A6A40458|
|DA8A893624D1C134D03DCBD0764AF0567B51CB0D763DFC0EFCCB61FE007F6D78E49|
|DE269FAD78B6F535626F98E1B7CCAE77E07B708FD9435E42FCAC1292DD6D97DF0F2|
|975077276C4F90D3A3E0C8E82BBEC3DFC987D84E167855277CA77342F3A1FA972CF|
|3A79EC41BE9E61D67A47C051708C19390922DF2AE5EBE37E697D98593F66D68F59F|
|5FF65460B8D0DF9C51ADD0EB0077D6083FD9ED804B7C06DE6E00E38CE397AA92706|
|7B550DD98D21D77784A231BC8F31A9B469AE5FB8542E468B4A3EEA89C63C4ADCA38|
|C7894518F32E9512E1514EE547E5A73FD4FC8A8BFB6F82F91DF2FA7A8E28E7E3D52|
|1425CC9D502F9010D1C417CFEE03B782F97F6C3CAAFA936BFDD9B5FE47EB381CFE0|
|7834F1939|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

• 3 weeks later

I've levelled multiple storm/ and /storm to 50...For those still levelling their builds...freezing rain is a sneaky end hog. 6 slot it early on for recharge and end red. Get it 6 slotted with a good set later. 

Same for Tornado and Thunderstorm. Ignore damage on them while levelling. use them for area denial (thunderstorm) and tornado with a KBtoKD as a hold. 

Edited by Android Nim

35 minutes ago, Android Nim said:

For those still levelling their builds...freezing rain is a sneaky end hog.

This is a really valid thing to point out. I have never had anything that soaked up endurance quite like my storm/water defender. Storm is an old set and is basically made long cooldown powers with massive costs... the more you speed up recharge, the harder it hits you.

• 4 months later
On 11/19/2020 at 3:08 PM, Hew said:

Also, oh crap, I totally forgot to proc out health, and to bump stamina. 😐

Back to the drawing board!

First off, YES!  Take Hurricane.  Slot it with 4x Dark Watcher's Despair (no proc)

Next, Assault only needs 1 slot for EndRdx, put the 2 slots from Hurricane and this slot in Tornado.  Put the KB>KD proc in Tornado and slot for Disorient if you feel the need for defense, or damage if you want to tear stuff up.