Winter Event

The_Warpact

On 11/17/2020 at 6:11 PM, Luminara said:

I don't want to be outside in it.  I'm 5'6" and 130 lbs, I don't have the body fat to play in the snow, or the boots/shoes to keep my feet dry and warm (the woes of self-imposed poverty).

But I adore seeing it, and I'll tolerate it cheerfully, because it's beautiful and serene.

I spent most of the last 30 years living in cities, living with social anxiety disorder, living with the feeling of not being able to be happy, being afraid to stop to enjoy something as simple as a dandelion, a robin, a snowfall.  My life is different now, and I've got decades of enjoyment to make up for.  BRING ON THE SNOW!  ❤️

That's more than we had in Virginia last year.  This year will be better!  I will see my Christmas card view again!  Or else!

Read David Goggins "Can't Hurt Me." 

While you wont agree with all of it, and definitely be aware the language is NSFW by a long shot, it is a great book about the ability of the mind to transcend any of those barriers. The audiobook is even better and if you are the sensitive sort, he just released a clean version that I am giving to some of my younger clients.

It isn't politically correct, it is inclusive in the way that all of us suffer, and it is a brutal but powerful story. If you are on the far right or far left of the political spectrum you will be offended but that is a good thing after you finish the book.