Jump to content
Aeroprism

First 50! Thank you for the help! Now what's next?

Recommended Posts

Hello beautiful people!

 

I have quick questions!  Yay!

 

First question: is there a "quick questions" topic? (besides this one here) There should be a "quick questions" topic!  It's so useful!

 

So!  

 

  • Is there a way to transfer influence converters from one character to another without emailing them one at a time?  I could market them and rebuy them same price but this means a direct 5% loss from broker's cut.
  • How are attuned enhancement made?  I see them all the time on the market but, where do they actually come from?
  • Besides Super Packs and Merit purchases, where do ATOs come from?  Can they be obtained as drops?
  • Can Hover and Combat jumping be activated simultaneously to have their defense bonus stack?  (I know I could test this myself easy...)

 

And that's enough quick questions for now!  Thanks guys!!

Edited by Aeroprism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

Can Hover and Combat jumping be activated simultaneously to have their defense bonus stack?  (I know I could test this myself easy...)

Yes, and they provide cool maneuverability as well when combined.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enhancement Converters are salvage so the best way to transfer them is through a Supergroup base. You can register a personal SG in City Hall and build a quick base with Salvage storage. Invite alts with /altinvite name and swaps are pretty easy. SG Bases can also have other useful features like zone teleporters, NPCs, hospitals, buff stations and storage for enhancements, salvage and inspirations.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

Enhancement Converters are salvage so the best way to transfer them is through a Supergroup base. You can register a personal SG in City Hall and build a quick base with Salvage storage. Invite alts with /altinvite name and swaps are pretty easy. SG Bases can also have other useful features like zone teleporters, NPCs, hospitals, buff stations and storage for enhancements, salvage and inspirations.

Thank you!  I already have a nice SG base with all possible storage options in.  I tried putting my Converters in a salvage vault earlier but it refused 😞

 

Maybe I did something wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

Thank you!  I already have a nice SG base with all possible storage options in.  I tried putting my Converters in a salvage vault earlier but it refused 😞

 

Maybe I did something wrong.

 

Might be a permissions issue on the container. Make sure you enable all the SG ranks you want to have access. Or possibly just full.

Edited by Frostbiter
  • Like 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aeroprism said:

How are attuned enhancement made?  I see them all the time on the market but, where do they actually come from?

 

Enhancement Catalysts attune enhancements.  ATOs and Winter IOs are already attuned, but using a catalyst on them at level 50 upgrades them to the Superior versions.  Catalysts drop when you're at 50, or can be purchased with merits from the merit vendors, or bought on the AH.

 

1 hour ago, Aeroprism said:

Besides Super Packs and Merit purchases, where do ATOs come from?  Can they be obtained as drops?

 

Only from those two sources, or from the AH.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luminara said:

 

Enhancement Catalysts attune enhancements.  ATOs and Winter IOs are already attuned, but using a catalyst on them at level 50 upgrades them to the Superior versions.  Catalysts drop when you're at 50, or can be purchased with merits from the merit vendors, or bought on the AH.

 

 

Only from those two sources, or from the AH.

 

 

Thanks for the Attuned explanation, it was very clear.

 

As for the ATO, so all AH options come from the Super packs or the merits? Wow... that's a LOT of super packs sold, considering the vast number available.  Because I don't see why someone would pay the merit cost JUST to sell it at the AH, you can do a lot more money with those merits.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aeroprism said:
  • How are attuned enhancement made?  I see them all the time on the market but, where do they actually come from?

Because of the way the AH works on homecoming any set IO that is listed for sale on it can be bought as attuned. Ie if a seller lists a level 37 thunderstrike, you can buy it from them as a level 50, level, 30 or any other level the set is available at,or as attuned.

 

So if you are after an attuned version and have crafted one yourself with a level, unless it is so expensive that the auction fee is going to be higher than the cost of a catalyst (almost never), you are best just to sell the one you have and buy the attuned version, instead of attuning it yourself.

  • Like 2

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also the AH automatically combines all enhancements into on large fungible pool, so when I put in a level 35 Luck of the Gambler Defense IO in the AH, it adds it to the pool of Luck of Gambler Defense IO's, then when you buy a level 50 Luck of Gambler Defense IO, it removes one from the pool -- same IO.  It also does the same with the Attuned Luck of the Gambler Defense IO's.

 

It is a magic market that converts between enh levels, salvage rarity and probably other things to make the market in Homecoming pretty awesome. It means that anything can be valuable, and no one is really able to corner the market on niche items (for very long).

 

Edit:  Dang it, snipped by CaptainLupis while I was typing.

Edited by Hardship
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

 

 

Thanks for the Attuned explanation, it was very clear.

 

As for the ATO, so all AH options come from the Super packs or the merits? Wow... that's a LOT of super packs sold, considering the vast number available.  Because I don't see why someone would pay the merit cost JUST to sell it at the AH, you can do a lot more money with those merits.

 

One more thing to note about attuned enhancements. The auction house puts all enhancements of the same name into one pot. So a level 37 Crushing Impact Acc/Dam is the same as a level 50 Crushing Impact Acc/Dam is the same as an Attuned Crushing Impact Acc/Dam. 
 

This means that say I put a level 37 Crushing Impact Acc/Dam on the market and even if it is the only one for sale. You place a high enough bid on the attuned version of that enhancement and you will purchase my enhancement, but the market will automatically attune it for free. 
 

So, in general, if you want attuned IOs, it is better to just bid on the attuned versions on the market. It saves you the cost of a catalyst for each IO.  Note, however, that the same is not true for ATOs/WOs catalyst process. If you want the superior version you have to bid on the superior version or manually catalyze the normal version. 
 

As for buying the recipes outright with merits, it is generally agreed that it is much more cost effective to liquidate the merits into influence and then buy the IO on the market. However, if you are merit rich and don’t want to deal with the market it is fine to buy the recipes from the merit vendors. 
 

Edit: looks like three of us were typing the same thing at the same time regarding attuned IOs. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

As for the ATO, so all AH options come from the Super packs or the merits? Wow... that's a LOT of super packs sold, considering the vast number available.  Because I don't see why someone would pay the merit cost JUST to sell it at the AH, you can do a lot more money with those merits.

 

Inf* is readily available and in constant supply.  I don't know anyone who uses merits to buy ATOs, but I suppose there might be some people who do.  Super packs are cheap, only 10,000,000, and with converters, every ATO you get from one is either useful for your characters, or the most valuable that can be sold (convert, sell).  And super packs can drop two ATOs (not guaranteed, but often enough for the marketeers to have assembled some good, reliable data on drop rates, suggesting ~20% chance per pack on average), as well as other things which can be sold on the AH, so they typically pay for themselves and provide a profit over time.

 

Buying super packs also helps combat inflation by directly and permanently removing inf* from the game.  This helps keep prices on everything low, and dumping super pack items on the market increases supply.  Basically, super packs are a win win win for everyone, whereas buying specific ATOs with merits doesn't offer any specific benefits.  I suppose if you imagine the RNG being hateful and singling you out to be screwed over, you'd buy with merits instead of spending inf* and converters.  But the smarter, more profitable and game-healthier method is to buy super packs and convert the ATOs it gives you, sell everything you don't want or can't use, and pocket the inf*.

 

Also, what everyone else said about attuning through the AH.  I always forget it does that until I'm actually looking for attuned enhancements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can convert ATOs.

 

You can.  Convert.

 

ATOs.

 

 

Excuse me while I pick my jaw from the floor.

 

Also: Thanks SO MUCH for all that lovely and valuable system information.  I LOVE playing markets in MMOs and CoH's market is quite above average in terms of fun to play with so, that info there is worth a lot to me!

Edited by Aeroprism
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

You can convert ATOs.

 

You can.  Convert.

 

ATOs.

 

 

Excuse me while I pick my jaw from the floor.

 

Also: Thanks SO MUCH for all that lovely and valuable system information.  I LOVE playing markets in MMOs and CoH's market is quite above average in terms of fun to play with so, that info there is worth a lot to me!

You can convert pretty much anything from a set, including ATOs, PvP sets and purples. The question is do you really need to? I'd say no to that usually, you can burn through a LOT of converters getting to the the set, or AT, you want, never mind to the individual IO you need. Often it is best just to convert until you get to something that sells well and drop it on the AH, then buy the one you want instead of trying to make it directly. The exception to that is, of course, if there are none of the one you want for sale. Then your best bet is to try and buy a different one from the same set and convert in set to get the one you need, to minimise the number of converters you are going to use.

  • Like 2

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really appreciate all this incredible info.

 

I finally settled on a character to use and make into a provider for my legions of Alts and he's 42 as of yesterday, will get to 50 in no time. He's still decked with generic IOs but soon I will start looking for sets and ATOs and all the info you guys provided will be a huge help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aeroprism, if you want to get in to the CoX market, then you should pop over to the market forum, where you'll be warmly welcomed by its ebil denizens.  (No, seriously, the market forum is full of some of the loveliest, most helpful players you could wish for.)


Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

@Aeroprism, if you want to get in to the CoX market, then you should pop over to the market forum, where you'll be warmly welcomed by its ebil denizens.  (No, seriously, the market forum is full of some of the loveliest, most helpful players you could wish for.)

😄 I might just do that!

 

Seriously, my tanker just hit 45 and I am completely enthralled.  I always thought farming was something people did out of necessity (or boredom?) but it's really, REALLY fun! It's insane action that never ends and the rewards just keep coming!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just leveled my first 50 character! Thank you for all the awesome help homecoming!!

 

So what's next? Is there a simple guide to incarnates? (I know that is a very long, detailed one but I would like to start slow and learn)

 

It's my first time playing with sets EVER! I want to learn on my own as much as possible, I will therefore never ask for a build, but is there a guide or a list of recommendation of what set fits what situation?  In my case, I have a fire/staff tank used mostly for fire farms so I know that I need to look for set bonuses that enhance regen and help me reach defense soft cap since I'm pretty much set with resists. I'm playing around on Mids but there is so much choice, I'm drowning in numbers!!

 

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is your friend.

 

As for sets?  Oy, that's kind of dependent on play style, despite the drawbacks/benefits of many a thing that will be recommended to you.

Edited by Darmian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2020 at 5:24 PM, Luminara said:

 

Inf* is readily available and in constant supply.  I don't know anyone who uses merits to buy ATOs, but I suppose there might be some people who do.  Super packs are cheap, only 10,000,000, and with converters, every ATO you get from one is either useful for your characters, or the most valuable that can be sold (convert, sell).  And super packs can drop two ATOs (not guaranteed, but often enough for the marketeers to have assembled some good, reliable data on drop rates, suggesting ~20% chance per pack on average), as well as other things which can be sold on the AH, so they typically pay for themselves and provide a profit over time.

 

Buying super packs also helps combat inflation by directly and permanently removing inf* from the game.  This helps keep prices on everything low, and dumping super pack items on the market increases supply.  Basically, super packs are a win win win for everyone, whereas buying specific ATOs with merits doesn't offer any specific benefits.  I suppose if you imagine the RNG being hateful and singling you out to be screwed over, you'd buy with merits instead of spending inf* and converters.  But the smarter, more profitable and game-healthier method is to buy super packs and convert the ATOs it gives you, sell everything you don't want or can't use, and pocket the inf*.

 

Also, what everyone else said about attuning through the AH.  I always forget it does that until I'm actually looking for attuned enhancements.

I'm the idiot who uses merits to buy ATOs (assuming the ATO's aren't available on the AH.)  But that's because I have merits falling out of my, up.... shorts.  I just don't bother doing the conversion thing...1 trip to the AH, and 1 merit vendor in my SG base and I'm done shopping... I Christmas shop the same way, IRL.  If it ain't on Amazon, you ain't gettin' it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Active on Excelsior:

Hyperdrive Monkey - Beam Rifle / Devices Blaster, Lode Monkey - Fire Blast / Energy Manipulation Blaster (Blapper), Blood Dragon Monkey - Electric Armor / Dual Blades Tank

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I'm the idiot who uses merits to buy ATOs (assuming the ATO's aren't available on the AH.)  But that's because I have merits falling out of my, up.... shorts.  I just don't bother doing the conversion thing...1 trip to the AH, and 1 merit vendor in my SG base and I'm done shopping... I Christmas shop the same way, IRL.  If it ain't on Amazon, you ain't gettin' it.

A trip to the AH? You do know you can just use /ah from anywhere outside a mission or sg base right?

 

Edit: or if you are too lazy, like me, to type /ah every time /macro AH AH

Edited by CaptainLupis

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can a proc happen on a passive power like Stamina?  I'm guessing not but it's better to ask.

Edited by Aeroprism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aeroprism said:

Can a proc happen on a passive power like Stamina?  I'm guessing not but it's better to ask.

Some yes, some no ... I know wonderful answer right.

 

For a longer, more detailed answer the HCwiki article titled "Set Enhancements with Special Effects" should help considerably.  Some newer sets/procs may not be covered yet there, but most are.  

 

Edit:  There are a number commonly slotted in either Health or Stamina.  Miracle, Numina's, Performance Shifter and several more.  And of course this is a good thread to just ask if you're wondering about a specific proc and where/what powers are best to use them in.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

Can a proc happen on a passive power like Stamina?  I'm guessing not but it's better to ask.

Most can, they generally have a chance of going off every 10 seconds, roughly. There are some exceptions, you can't for example slot in inherent passive powers things like the celerity stealth, or blessing of the zephyr kb protection into swift or hurdle.

Edited by CaptainLupis

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2020 at 1:38 PM, Aeroprism said:

Can Hover and Combat jumping be activated simultaneously to have their defense bonus stack?

Something to address

  • Hover can slot the defense 7.5% global recharge in Luck of the Gambler
  • Combat Jumping can slot the 7.5% global recharge in Luck of the Gambler
  • Their defense stack
  • Their ability to function besides the defense negates each other
    • CJ provides no +jump while you hover, you are in the air
    • Hover you can't even use on the ground, you are an inch above it.
    • Combat Jump is also disabled by Ninja or Beast Run, they are mini-travel powers.  Exclusive to CJ, just mentioning it.

It sounds stupid, but unless you want those two powers for theme you are locking yourself out of another power pool as an option for utility.  Meaning, what other benefits can you get besides the minimal defense and low endurance cost.

 

You can get either select Leap or Flight pool, then get Leadership for Maneuvers to stack +defense.  For blasters, Hover or CJ is 1.75% base defense with minimal endurance cost; Maneuvers is 2.28% so 1.75 + 2.28 is 4.03% defense for a slightly higher endurance cost.  CJ and Hover is a flat 3.5%.  With Leadership pool, you also get Vengeance which can slot the global defense recharge.  So Flight or Hover, plus Maneuvers + Vengeance = 7.5% x 3 = 22% recharge.

 

You can also get 1 pool for Leap or Flight, CJ or Hover.  Then you can pick up Fighting, the melee attacks are less then stellar outside concept BUT you get a +Resist L/S toggle which allows you to slot +Def bonus from the Steadfast and Gladiator Armor set IO, with the two type which are Unique meaning 1 of each.  3% each or 6%.  So 1.75% + 3 + 3 = 7.75%.  Then in fighting you can get Weave, which is 3.5% which then turns to 11.05% defense.  You endurance cost went up, but the benefit in defense is greater.

 

You can also pick CJ, get Super Leap for travel.  Now you have another pool selection, can pick up Stealth which is 1.75% defense (don't be fooled if its 3%, half is suppressed in combat).  So 1.75 + 1.75 = 3.10% defense.  BUT WAIT! THERE IS More.  The global recharge IO in Luck of the gambler can be slotted in any power that has +defense; Combat Jump + Stealth + Grant Invise + Invisibility = 7.5% recharge x 4 = 30% global recharge.  Add Hasten itself, 70 + 30 and you are now half way to making Hasten perma.

 

Luck of the Gambler can only benefit up to 5 times slotted into any defense power, the Steadfast or Gladiator Armor can only be slotted once in any resist power.

 

My numbers are all off, its blaster level.  I am also in a hurry to type this out before work 

 


"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...