Thoughts on DB Stalker

drgantz

I like the idea of a DB Stalker, because in many other games, an Assassin wields dual daggers.

In other posts, many people say to skip the combos.  Most combos give damage bonuses or attacks, but I can't find a website telling how much the bonus is.

The one thing that upsets me is that a DB Stalker loses the AOE attack.  Of course, it still has cones, but that is all.  There is the Sweep Combo which gives a PBAOE, but I have to hit with 3 attacks before I can use it.
I ofter wonder if DB is better as a Scrapper.

Stalker will do more damage overall due to assassins strike, assassins focus, and their ATOs. However, that is pretty much true with any primary they share. 

I have played DB on both and I prefer DB on scrapper. Blinding fient + attack vitals combo is very satisfying and is great both for single target and AoE. I also prefer blinding fient to build up.  It may not do quite as much damage as the stalker, but it is still very good damage and just feels more fluid to me. 

So my vote is db on scrapper and pair it with energy aura 🙂.  That said, I doubt you’d be disappointed with a db stalker. 

Might want to peruse this thread and see @SwitchFadepreach the awesomeness of db/ea stalkers. 

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 2

I dislike DB combos on Stalkers. Weaken combo, which might be useful early levels, requires the T9 power to achieve (Stalkers can perform Weaken at level 32, other AT's can use it at level 6). Attack Vitals on Stalkers uses 2 of DB's worst dps attacks in the set (Nimble and Vengeful), negating it's dps potential. Sweep combo has BU in the combo, so it can't be used as frequently as other ATs (Unless relying on random BU recharge from the Stalker ATO2). 

DB Stalkers does have a great attack chain but requires a lot of recharge to achieve. [BU]-AS-Ab-SS-Ab-repeat. It's a really fast chain, only 5 seconds long. Uses DB's 3 strongest dps attacks. Ab and SS can both slot -res procs (Achilles' and Fury of the Gladiator). Fast stacks of AF. Empower combo (BU-AS-Plac) can easily be integrated, and Sweep combo (BU-AS-Ab) occurs naturally as part of the chain.

Actually if you have that much recharge in the build to run that chain, any of the Ancillary snipes could probably be integrated as well. That's if the no redraw feature works with DB. 

Alternatively, there's also [BU]-AS-Ab-SS-NS/PS-repeat. It would require significantly less recharge to run. Slots saved from chasing recharge IO sets could be used for damage procs. -Res procs are still slottable, Empower/Sweep combos are still on the table as well.

• Like 2

What Saiko said. After Switchfade gave me the rundown on the set, it's easily one of my stronger heroes to date. Sub 2 minute pylon times, rarely dies. Decent AOE with the sweep combo and top 3 single target damage. 

At least till the changes. I have a feeling energy melee is gonna make quite the comeback for stalkers.