And I thought I was doing well!

Aeroprism

21 hours ago, Hardship said:

Usual price for Winter Lord packs is 25M.

Oh wow! I'll switch to buying them until the event is done then!

And I just did a little experiment of my own.

My farming character is a spine/fire brute, all decked out, not entirely purpled out yet but the other purple sets would only add to my survivability which is already to the roof. I`m not 100% incarnate either but I have a solid alpha, judgement, interface and hybrid going already.  

Started a +4 x8 fire farm with well spread large groups that kept me in battle 95% of the time.  Disables XP earning and went to town non stop for 25 mins.

When I was done, net gain, including everything I could sell from what I earned in there (no recipes worth crafting alas) made me 17,750,000 inf.  That is 630K by minute.

I am starting to call BS on those "I can farm 6M a minute" claims 😛

However, since I adapted my pricing strategy as it was suggested by awesome people here, marketing things has never been so lucrative. Out of 30 things pur for sale, 26-28 will sell in the first two days for a reasonable profit. Thanks for the learning tip 🙂

Edited by Aeroprism

2 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

Started a +4 x8 fire farm with well spread large groups that kept me in battle 95% of the time.  Disables XP earning and went to town non stop for 25 mins.

Just to let you know, disabling XP no longer increases inf gain, so you can leave it on and keep earning the vet levels while you farm.

• Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

11 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

I am starting to call BS on those "I can farm 6M a minute" claims 😛

People have been claiming they can farm 6m per minute? I think even before the patrol xp double influence nerf a while back the top earners weren’t anywhere close to that.  I’m pretty sure they topped out at 2-3m per minute.  I may be wrong though (I’ll have to check the thread). 

Subsequent to the nerf influence gain is a fair amount less than before. Perhaps if people get consistently a lot good drops (lots of defense, pvp, and purple recipes) they can earn upwards of 100m per hour. I’m not buying the 360m per hour for a minute. 

Edited by Saikochoro

24 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

People have been claiming they can farm 6m per minute? I think even before the patrol xp double influence nerf a while back the top earners weren’t anywhere close to that.  I’m pretty sure they topped out at 2-3m per minute.  I may be wrong though (I’ll have to check the thread). 

Subsequent to the nerf influence gain is a fair amount less than before. Perhaps if people get consistently a lot good drops (lots of defense, pvp, and purple recipes) they can earn upwards of 100m per hour. I’m not buying the 360m per hour for a minute. 

I agree with that.  I had terrible drops so my last farm made almost 18M in 25 mins so that's about 40M per hour.  Factor in good drops and I could have pushed it to 60.  

With a more complete character, I will be able to kill faster so, perhaps 70 or 80.

Pocket change, compared to what I can do with enhancement conversion/market in one hour.

Speaking of, what do you guys think is the best strategy with Winter packs?  Buy em, keep em until the event dies out is a no brainer, but what then? Sell them unopened or open them and market the contents at a nice profit rate?