Anti-Granite Stone Tank

Onlyasandwich

Combat teleport does make life amazingly better for granite/rooted.

I still think that granite is an awkward power, but so many people are invested in this playstyle for their stoners that I wouldn't want to ruin their fun by changing it significantly if at all.

My main problems with it are that it is not customizable at all, and it is basically a power set into itself. I can't think of any other primaries where the tier 9 literally replaces most of the other powers. 

But this belabors a point that has been made repeatedly in this thread and others. Ultimately I would just like to see some moderate buffs to anti-granite that allow it to stand on its own without a lot of io shenanigans.

To me that would look something like this:

- remove rooted speed penalty.

- add 16 ddr somewhere. 

- 25 percent slow resistance to brimstone

- cut mud pots end usage in half

- some sort of interesting utility. I think tohit debuff resistance in minerals would be a neat idea. Another would be adding some type of damage effect to brimstone - currently I rarely run this even as anti-granite! I think either a weak damage aura or a small amount of fire damage added to attacks could work - similar to bio's toxic damage 

The beauty here is that these sorts of buffs don't much affect the balance of granite itself. The only things on this list that help granite are mud pots end cut and rooted speed, which is pretty hard to justify on any level anyhow.

This makes it actually sort of interesting choice between granite and regular stone mode. Do you want to resist some really annoying debuffs and cover your psi hole while doing respectable damage, or be a thick brick with over the top raw defensive power?

Edited by Onlyasandwich

My gripe with it is that you can't change the look.  Even the color is locked into that plain grey tone.  Apart from that, most of the FX for attacks and defenses are ((IMO) pretty bad looking.  Maybe worse than Ice Armor FX, though that might be stretching it.

But with the new teleport pool, I don't see how the slow movement of Granite should be a problem any more, unless TP powers just don't fit into your concept (Which is quite possible, and totally legit.  It IS a bit hard to think of a big, heavy rock guy as a teleporter).