Darkir's Savage/Bio Stalker Boi

Darkir

17 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

But two things:

1. I did not suggest taking Mocking Beratement or the T9 for taunt purposes. I noted that it would taunt but the purpose was (for me) the defenses. I noted that it taunting was of minimal consequence because in the situation where you're using a T9 you have something beating on you (otherwise you would not be using the power, you'd be resting).
  2. If you want to taunt things, your primary set gives you that ability (probably in your teens). As you note, you don't take it and outside my Tankers I don't tent to take it either.

This is the Stalker forum, so the primaries don't offer Confront (or Taunt). I understand your choice for Parasitic Aura... but I feel like I've got better slotting choices in my /Bio than using Mocking Beratement (a set I like, BTW). I'd like to leverage Parasitic Aura more for the -Damage, but:

• The long recharge time of the power doesn't make it particularly viable (except to possibly "time" it against upcoming attacks from certain GMs and AVs) in most fights
  • Stalkers should concentrate on murderizing enemies... and /Bio offers another PBAoE (DNA Siphon) that helps to that end more effectively
  • The slots for a T9 have to come from somewhere, on my /Bio I have them in the earlier Primary attacks (plus things like Build Up and the Secondaries)

YMMV, of course. I've enjoyed the discussion, because normally the point of discussion around Stalkers is whether or not to take Placate. 🙂

As I wrote: I have one stalker with Provoke, but my general opinion is that for non-Tanks and DPS-oriented builds that aren't Brutes trying to take aggro (apart from just doing damage) offers low return on the investment than simply attacking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1