"Ok Boomer" Badge

Zepp

1 hour ago, nihilii said:

Let's keep religion out of the game, please.

Your original suggestion wasn't bad as such, but now you're doing a good job campaigning against it.

Religion?

Hitting up v punching down is a well defined precept in political humor. It has nothing to do with faith, it is about what is humorous and what is acceptable political discourse.

The ODF provision is that you can't really complain about taking flack for something that is your Own Darn Fault... It has nothing to do with faith either.

I don't see where your comment is coming from.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

2 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

It would help if all that stuff that you wrote had anything to do with "boomers" yet you still blame them for it. You want a monster in your life, you found one and it makes you feel better to downgrade a whole generation and pin all of your woes to that generation instead of taking responsibility for your own life. Yet, all of these things you blame the boomers for, you do nothing yourself to fix them. So you can okay boomer all you like...and I will continue to "lol okay" as I go on living my life without blaming anyone else.

If you want to blame anyone for anything, start with the government. The Boomers were only trying to live by the laws of man, and they did everything in their power to change the laws that mattered most...like, I don't know...ending racism and ending Jim Crow Laws and protesting wars that we had no business being in and preaching peace and love. But hey, you go right on ahead and keep blaming boomers.

1) Your grasp of history seems... flawed at best. If you don't understand how economics have changed since the 40s and particularly since the 70s I don't think anyone can help you.

2) Your supposition that I'm doing "Nothing" to fix things is laughable at best since you know basically nothing about me.

3) The Boomers -are- the Government. Average age in Congress is about 60 with those holding the most power being in their 70s. Trump was born in '46 making him the quintessential Baby Boomer in Power.

And the big one:

4) Racism isn't Ended. Jim Crow Laws still have an impact on modern lives. And they may have protested Vietnam, but they were all about jumping into the Middle East.

As to the "Every Generation" thing... yeah. Because the next generation is almost invariably more progressive and understanding and aware.

Hawking spoke of Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, but it applies to literally every aspect of society. All the progressiveness of the Boomers was great! But then it stopped. They reached the end of what they personally considered "Progressive" and the boundary to what they considered "Radical". "Interracial Marriage? COOL! Gay Marriage? Now hold on a second!" Same thing happened with Generation X. Same thing will happen with Millennials. And Gen Z. And every generation after them.

Because what we consider the edge of progressiveness and "Radical" will advance with the next generation who view what we see as being "Progressive" as "Normal". As baseline. And their ideals will move forward from -that- point. This is the source of the idea that "Everyone becomes Conservative, Eventually" comes from. 

But that, again, comes down to understanding history and cause and effect so... y'know... Ok, Boomer.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1