All That Glitters Series - Vigilante - [1 - 54]

Ankylosaur

6 hours ago, Icono04 said:

Yes, you do ūüôā I have recently played through all of Glimmers, Glints and Gleams on my dedicated goldsider character, and missing that one mission (Glints 4.1) is nagging at my OCD.¬†ūüėČ

A couple of other feedback points:

1) I thought the

Reveal hidden contents

Neo Tokyans

were very well thought-out and added a lot to the various arcs they appeared in. I would like to see more of them in future arcs or in possible future reworks of the existing arcs. Interesting groups, and they fill a gap in the game lore.

2a) Ref. your ideas for a new naming convention, I agree that getting rid of the Glitters/Glimmers/Glints/Gleams prefixes and calling them all "Post Praetoria Campaign No. X.X" makes the whole thing appear more cohesive and more RPGesque. 

2b) How set are you on the campaign title "Post Praetoria Campaign"? It is, of course, very accurate in describing what the campaign is about, but to my artsy sensibilities it feels almost too clinical in its descriptiveness. In order to sell the campaign to future AE users (or reselling it to someone like myself for future replaying), something slightly more dramatic might be better. Perhaps something along the lines of "Post Praetoria Power Plays", since there are many different groups who take turns throughout all the arcs vying for power among the ex-Praetorians. Or something else that includes the words Post Praetoria (which I agree signifies nicely what the campaign is about) but with a few fluff words added to make it sound more grand. Anyway, your campaign, your choice, these are just my loose pre morning coffee thoughts.

2c) Putting the name of each arc last in the sentence makes the most sense to me. I would, however, place the "fork title" before the number, like this: "Post Praetoria Campaign - Tech - 2.2: Fortunes in Faultline" rather than "Post Praetoria Campaign 2.2 - Tech: Fortunes in Faultline". Makes it easier to identify at a glance which fork one is looking at.

Excellent post and breakdown here.

Now, @Ankylosaur can hop in here and correct me, but I fear my own work may have skewed his naming conventions, since I felt he wanted more clarity than the vagary I deal in!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X |  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) X

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance..  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure that's true @Darmian¬†- ūüôā¬† but who¬†recalls?¬†

I have thought about renaming 1.1-1.3 to All That Gleams so that it is the Forks (Glitters, Gimmers and Glints) ¬†that ll have their own names, and then it reconvenes in All That Gleams 5.0 ¬†but, decided I'm worrying about minutia that is unimportant to anyone at all. ūüôā¬†

Making good progress on Glints 4.1¬†ūüôā

Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Thumbs Up 1

Try my AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur for the below and more...

• Dev's Choice:¬†¬†Police¬†vs.¬†Aliens 2: Nictus Evictus - 50¬†-54¬†|¬†Rularularian¬†- 41-54¬†|¬†The Serpent Beyond the Horizon¬†- 46-52¬†¬†|¬†Robolution¬†- 25-34¬†¬†| ¬†Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54¬†|¬†The Genesis & Geneticists¬†of The Coming Hamiggedon¬†-¬† 41-54¬†
  • Post-Praetoria Campaign:¬†¬†The Intro is levels 1-20, the other¬†stories fork off it in the 20's-ish to 54

All That Glitters: Intro (3 Arcs) 

All That Glimmers:  Magic (9 Arcs) | All That Glitters: Tech/Sci (9 Arcs) | All That Glints: Nat/Mut (3 Arcs) 

All That Gleams: Finale (1 Arc)

5 minutes ago, Ankylosaur said:

I'm not sure that's true @Darmian¬†- ūüôā¬† but who¬†recalls?¬†

I have thought about renaming 1.1-1.3 All That Gleams so that it is the Forks (Glitters, Gimmers and Glints) ¬†that ll have their own names, but, decided I'm worrying about minutia that is unimportant to anyone at all. ūüôā¬†

Making good progress on Glints 4.1¬†ūüôā

RL and work has got in the way of many a thing for me lately, but never fear, I will get to your stuff!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X |  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) X

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance..  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Just finished 1.1 - Missing in Mercy - Arc ID: 35842 - 1-10 Final.  Can’t wait to run more!  The story was great and the missions were fun. I really like the dialogue and storytelling in between the missions.  Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

All That Glitters 3.1 was originally written in Eden. If you've noticed, 2.1 - 2.3 all take place in Paragon's Hazard Zones. Part of the premise for Langston Corp. to move to Paragon is that they are willing to reclaim some of the hazard zones. The Mayor gives them abandoned land, and their Big Brother Construction arm constructs an office/warehouse/powerplant in the area, bringing in jobs. The Gold Brickers are brought in to secure the construction/productivity/manufacturing from the "Wild West" that is a hazard zone and the reclamation begins.

Well, for a variety of reasons that I probably spelled out somewhere above, I moved 3.1 from Eden to Nerva. I've moved it back which introduces a new map and better motivations.  The main thread is the same though, so if you happen to have played it - you end up in the same place.

It is now All That Glitters 3.1: Extractions in Eden.

Why?

Spoiler

There were several reasons I moved it back

1. The idea that Langston is revitalizing hazard zones is a core premise of how they get invited as a legitimate player in Paragon. There is a fully functioning warehouse in Eden (Acadia neighborhood) with full power that just begs to have a reason to be there - this is that.
  2. This mission focuses heavily on Crey - another tech org counterpart of Langston Labs. They are present in both Eden and Nerva, and have a nice office in Nerva - however - what I wanted them to do makes better sense in Eden, and makes better sense for Langston to try to leverage in Eden. Plus, I wanted to give Crey a better presence throughout this arc. In Eden they are really the only non-DE there - until Langston shows up.
  3. If you know my style, I like outdoor missions in my arcs to give a sense of place. I originally moved 3.1 to Nerva because I wanted that. I finally came up with a good way to use the one outdoor Eden map in this. At the time I did not have Hornet, your contact with a stolen Arachnos Flyer as a simple conceit for why you are arriving in an Arachnos flyer - now I do.
  4. Glimmers was written later, but for reasons that are part of that series you spend A LOT of time in Nerva - so leveraging Nerva here seems unnecessary - in fact - I want to save the time you spend in Nerva for all the action in Glimmers. (I try not to reuse maps.)
  5. The new Gold Bricker costume parts meant that I could easily make Gold Bricker Gaians and include them in the story. The Gaians' origin is Eden, and shoehorning them into Nerva was just a quirk I accepted - but its better they are not. (See The Genesis and Geneticists of the Coming Hammigeddon for their origin.)

I doubt anyone cares a lick - but just working out loud. ūüôā

Edited by Ankylosaur

Try my AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur for the below and more...

• Dev's Choice:¬†¬†Police¬†vs.¬†Aliens 2: Nictus Evictus - 50¬†-54¬†|¬†Rularularian¬†- 41-54¬†|¬†The Serpent Beyond the Horizon¬†- 46-52¬†¬†|¬†Robolution¬†- 25-34¬†¬†| ¬†Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54¬†|¬†The Genesis & Geneticists¬†of The Coming Hamiggedon¬†-¬† 41-54¬†
  • Post-Praetoria Campaign:¬†¬†The Intro is levels 1-20, the other¬†stories fork off it in the 20's-ish to 54

All That Glitters: Intro (3 Arcs) 

All That Glimmers:  Magic (9 Arcs) | All That Glitters: Tech/Sci (9 Arcs) | All That Glints: Nat/Mut (3 Arcs) 

All That Gleams: Finale (1 Arc)