Zone Travel Updates in Issue 27

Jimmy

Just now, Wavicle said:

It’s one tool among several. They work in concert.

Oh, sure.  But P2W travel powers aren't necessary for the devs to be able to control inflation, which was the original contention.  You could get the same effect (or more) by cutting the inf drops at level 50 by a few percent.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

2 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

Having inf sinks is important, but the P2W vendor is probably not what's keeping prices on the AH low at the moment. 

In a vacuum, no.  In concert with other taxes, it's part of a whole.  Remove one part and you change the dynamics of the whole.  Money can't be generated out of thin air and expected to retain its value unless something is removing money from circulation.  A single something is not a viable solution because it can be avoided, sidestepped or ignored, and it can never be large enough to do fulfill the intended purpose without creating strife and discord.  Multiple somethings are necessary.  P2W transport powers having a cost and players being encouraged to pay that cost if they want to supplement LRT, and having the inf* spent on them evaporate into thin air, is one of that multiple.  All of the inf* sinks working in concert are the inflationary control, not any single sink by itself.

Nothing exists in a vacuum.  Not even imaginary economies.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

23 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

Oh, sure.  But P2W travel powers aren't necessary for the devs to be able to control inflation, which was the original contention.  You could get the same effect (or more) by cutting the inf drops at level 50 by a few percent.

Or by raising market tax on listings/sales.  Or by removing SOs and basic IO recipes from the game.  Or any of a number of other ways, almost all of which will do little more than enrage a lot of people.

P2W powers are optional.  No-one is forced to take them, and no-one is abnormally affected by the inf* removed from the game when they're purchased.  And yes, the inflationary control they provide is necessary, because, as I just said, they're one part of a larger whole.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I have a question. Could we set it up with one badge per character unlocks for that character but every badge in every zone unlocks for the account? Maybe badges for getting all of paragon city, all of red side, all of praetoria? Kind of like loremaster in wow. Those would be worthwhile even without the unlock.

• Haha 1

I'm really liking the Long Range Teleport. Last few days, I've killed time in game while on work calls casually grabbing an exploration badge for each destination. It doesn't take long to get them all, even for a guy who doesn't take travel powers and doesn't know any of the exploration badge locations by heart. I do use VidiotMaps, which helps a lot. Also, the new badge tracker is really convenient for tracking it all. Kudos to the folks who helped put that together.

I probably won't unlock every destination on all my characters, but everytime I'm on a character that enters a zone I dont have an explore badge for, I take a minute to grab one while on my way to whatever I'm doing. It's nice that many of my characters already had zones unlocked, which happened by accident as I'm not a badge hunter by any means.

The direct teleporting to zones is also very nice. Cutting out the middle man is a nicer QoL change than I expected it to be. Also, the FastTravel macro is a game changer. It is so nice not having a tray dedicated for various travel powers. It cleans up my display nicely.

• Like 3

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

I probably won't unlock every destination on all my characters, but everytime I'm on a character that enters a zone I dont have an explore badge for, I take a minute to grab one while on my way to whatever I'm doing.

Yup, I was hunting in Croatoa last night, spotted a badge on my map, and jumped down and grabbed it real quick...  Probably will never need it, but sure, why not? 

Unlocking that first Accolade is a bit of a PITA though if you aren't a flyer... Atlas Park has three badges way up high.  (You can just manage Top Dog with a free jump pack.)  That's my only complaint, the barrier to entry is a wee bit too high.  But I can't see any way to lower it w/o handing it out for free.  Which I'm ambivalent about.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

22 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Yup, I was hunting in Croatoa last night, spotted a badge on my map, and jumped down and grabbed it real quick...  Probably will never need it, but sure, why not? 

Unlocking that first Accolade is a bit of a PITA though if you aren't a flyer... Atlas Park has three badges way up high.  (You can just manage Top Dog with a free jump pack.)  That's my only complaint, the barrier to entry is a wee bit too high.  But I can't see any way to lower it w/o handing it out for free.  Which I'm ambivalent about.

I would recommend spending the 5k for the jet pack to help with Top Dog. I thought the jump pack made it easy enough to get it, but my characters are level 50 now so it makes things a bit easier than they would be at level 1.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

I would recommend spending the 5k for the jet pack to help with Top Dog. I thought the jump pack made it easy enough to get it, but my characters are level 50 now so it makes things a bit easier than they would be at level 1.

Ever since the Jump Pack came out, I've never had a problem getting "Top Dog" with it.  Just hold down jump (default SPACE) and push forward until you're touching the globe then halfway up push forward to assist until at the top and the Badge is granted.  Don't wait but jump down going north to land on the City Hall dome to get the "Freedom" Badge, then jump off to the northwest to the east side of the platform with the Base Portal to get the "Hero Corps Insider" Badge, then continue on the ground to the northwest down the stairs to read the Plaque commemorating Atllas being granted the Keys to Paragon City (part of the "Pupil" History Badge needed for the Atlas Accolade +5% Endurance).

The "Silent Sentinel" Badge in the northeast of Atlas is even easier.

4 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Unlocking that first Accolade is a bit of a PITA though if you aren't a flyer... Atlas Park has three badges way up high.  (You can just manage Top Dog with a free jump pack.)  That's my only complaint, the barrier to entry is a wee bit too high.

I don’t recognise this problem at all.

I am really very old with very old twitch skills, and if I make a new alt ( two more just last night) I proceed at lvl one to the P2W vendor and get the freebies including the jump pack.

I then do a three badge jump in one go.

Straight up for the Top Dog and then straight across to the flag for that one and then straight across to the doors of AE building.

All in one long hop.

The jump pack will get you to the AE ledge np. Pop inside and get that badge (not needed for explore accolade but just because it is there.)

By the time you get the badge and then pop outside the jump pack is ready to go to the explore badge up by the water tank..

Drop down from that and all the others (four left) are just a run and jump job.

The whole eight explore badges in Atlas take about 5 minutes in total.

If I feel like it I may down a few foes on the way and at the end hit up Ms Liberty to level to 2 as a bonus.

Cheers

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

I just experienced a downside i'd not even considered - having your lrtp eaten by tf leader being quicker on the contact draw than you are selecting a zone.

You're saying when the team leader set a new mission you lost the LRT menu? I'm not quite understanding the situation here.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

22 hours ago, Darmian said:

Are folk complaining about having to explore for badges to get ....really?  It's a WORLD.  Go play in it. 

Not everyone is a fan of achievement/trophy systems in games.  I like to set my own goals instead of being directed.  Following a checklist is not the only way to play games.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, josh1622 said:

Not everyone is a fan of achievement/trophy systems in games.  I like to set my own goals instead of being directed.  Following a checklist is not the only way to play games.

And my point is if you happen to pick up stuff along the way while you're playing in the world, that's cool too. No checklists but there might be a "while I'm here I may as well grab that badge".

• Confused 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

2 hours ago, Darmian said:

And my point is if you happen to pick up stuff along the way while you're playing in the world, that's cool too. No checklists but there might be a "while I'm here I may as well grab that badge".

And my point is that a checklist system removes the feeling of simply picking stuff up along the way.  Instead it becomes a directed list of tasks instead of the player's choice to explore.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, macskull said:

You're saying when the team leader set a new mission you lost the LRT menu? I'm not quite understanding the situation here.

No, STF (or MLTF if you must) I was the run to the portal guy in mish 2. I clicked LRT but couldn't select IP faster than the team leader could set the next mish so I got dumped to portal corp with my LRT on recharge. Next time I'll LRT and base macro which should be the extra second faster I need.

1 hour ago, josh1622 said:

And my point is that a checklist system removes the feeling of simply picking stuff up along the way.  Instead it becomes a directed list of tasks instead of the player's choice to explore.

It might be a checklist, but it's no more a system than needing to do six different TFs to get the TFC accolade is a system. 

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

2 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

No, STF (or MLTF if you must) I was the run to the portal guy in mish 2. I clicked LRT but couldn't select IP faster than the team leader could set the next mish so I got dumped to portal corp with my LRT on recharge. Next time I'll LRT and base macro which should be the extra second faster I need.

So, basically he ended the mission and you got kicked out of the instance, and you had tried to use LRTP, consuming the use but not actually teleporting to IP, is that right?

Usually, if you use LRTP and dont manage to click anything (or accidentally dismiss it), you should get a "second chance" power. If this didn't happen, you should post a bug report!

Edited by EmperorSteele

5 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

So, basically he ended the mission and you got kicked out of the instance, and you had tried to use LRTP, consuming the use but not actually teleporting to IP, is that right?

Usually, if you use LRTP and dont manage to click anything (or accidentally dismiss it), you should get a "second chance" power. If this didn't happen, you should post a bug report!

If you zone then your second chance goes away. Sounds like it’s working.

54 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

Yes, it was working as intended, just worked out poorly for me in that particular situation. Next time I'll know not to try the direct port.

On 11/24/2020 at 8:19 PM, Jimmy said:

Sorry, I missed that.

The power doesn't appear automatically. Day Job powers require that you be logged out at the relevant destination in order to earn charges. See the Wiki for more info.

If you logged in by the base portal after i27, then it would've retroactively counted the time (as Day Jobs are applied based on when and where you log in, not out).

I have several characters that may have missed out.  I always used to use Independence Port as my hub, since the Ouro dropoff and old SG dropoff were all much closer to the train, hospital, and other amenities than Talos would put you.  Problem is, the characters who logged out next to the base portal in i26 had it moved out from underneath them. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I LOVE the new "Long Range TP Zone Check" option - tiny request - any way to have the menu open in the other direction (to the left) or is there a macro command that would do it. I have all my trays to the right side and the menus won't open (or just are on top of each other, can't tell). Otherwise - Thank You.

8 minutes ago, damienray said:

any way to have the menu open in the other direction (to the left) or is there a macro command that would do it.

As far as I know there is no way for a popmenu to expand to the left. They always expand to the right. If you want to bind it to a macro or keybind, here's how you would do that:

via keybind: /bind <your_key> "popmenu fasttravel"
via macro: /macro <macro_name> "popmenu fasttravel"

In your case I think a keybind would work better, since the Fast Travel menu button is essentially a macro button. With the keybind, the menu will appear where your cursor is, so just move the cursor to the upper left region of the screen and hit the appropriate key.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So I'm lazy, not reading 26 pages....and after unlocking zones on few toons I'm over it. Any chance you can let us just buy the unlocks ? 

I do wonder if this may help with more people doing more redside content as more people get used to using the LRTP.

I know i used more alot...it's early and i dont care...more

• Haha 1