Zone Travel Updates in Issue 27

Jimmy

5 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

So I'm lazy, not reading 26 pages....and after unlocking zones on few toons I'm over it. Any chance you can let us just buy the unlocks ? 

I do wonder if this may help with more people doing more redside content as more people get used to using the LRTP.

I know i used more alot...it's early and i dont care...more

I'm not sure what your characters may have bought from the P2W vendor, but you can buy a mission teleporter (1 mill), team transporter (10 mill), supergroup mini-portal (10 mill), SG base teleporter (1 mill), and you can unlock the Long Range Teleporter for 1 mill, but you would still need to grab at least one exploration badge for each zone you want the LRT to take you to.  Additionally, the mini-portal, SG portal, and LRT let you use any /enterfrombasepasscode macro you may have to go to a hub base or any base you have the code for. 

And then, on top of all that, you can earn the LRT by getting any zone exploration accolade or the Pocket D VIP badge and obtain charges for day job clones of the SG base teleporter and mini-portal by logging out next to any of the zone base portals.

I have found that most of my old level 50 characters are logging in already having LRTP unlocked with at least a few zones available.  I got those by getting the explore badges needed for the HP and Endurance accolades.

• Like 4

Pretty much what Flea said.   Any of my characters that I've worked any of the accolades in, had the LRTP already on login.  And had most of the zones that they had been doing missions in.  I will have to say if you're doing redside, a zone accolade is a bit slower to get than say a jaunt around Atlas.  It's still not a huge deal, and less than any of the stat enhancing accolades.

All in all, I'm glad they put in so much work into enhancing travel instead of just disabling enterbasefrompasscode

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lemming said:

Pretty much what Flea said.   Any of my characters that I've worked any of the accolades in, had the LRTP already on login. 

I have a couple who didn't, but a 5 minute jaunt around AP easily corrected that.  Overall, it's been pretty easy to grab single badges to add zones too.

• Like 4

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

• 2 weeks later

So who besides myself has taken to calling a summoned base portal a 'basehole'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

5 hours ago, Heraclea said:

So who besides myself has taken to calling a summoned base portal a 'basehole'?

Well I certainly am going to now.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 1 month later

Soooo . . . after much gnashing of teeth, now that we've lived with the new travel powers for a bit how are you feeling about them. 

For me, while it did take some getting used to and a little badge hunting on new characters, I find the new system to be better and faster.  But, to be fair and in the spirit of full disclosure, I was not one that used /enterfrombasepasscode too much before.

WhatSayYou.jpg

Since you can still use the passcode in conjunction with the Long Range Teleporter, it hasn't affected me one bit.  I like you, find it to be a lot nicer system than the old way.   (I can't believe I am agreeing with Flea, *looks around for sulfur and brimstone raining from the heavens)

Edited by Ura Hero

I ❤️ the Long Range Teleport... but already knew that. It's so, so much better than having to wait for my base to load, and only needing one accolade and one badge from each zone isn't a huge time investment, even with a long list of characters. 

That said, my favoring it over any other travel option DOES still mean that it's regularly still on cool-down when I want to use it again. Yes, there are other options. Yes, I could hit a base portal or a P2W transporter or something. But I'd rather use the LRT. So... I'd still push for making the recharge equal to the Ouro Portal's rather than the current duration. With that one change? It would be perfect. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

The present version of things is doing well enough for me, although I definitely haven't unlocked it on all my characters yet.  I miss the convenience and versatility of the unrestricted code (even though I never got the opportunity to use it to its full extent), but overall this was a change that I think the Devs addressed fairly well in terms of retaining convenience and quality of life for the most part.

I'm not a fan of the Base Telepad exits in certain zones having been moved, but a few of them are definite improvements as well.  On balance, felt like it might have been a lot of development work for only a moderate pay off.  But I suppose that's for the Devs to judge.

I think the (volunteer) devs did a great job to balance all the needs and came out with quite an elegant means to address most, if not all, people's primary concerns. It's actually faster for me now on the alts I use the most. The ones that I don't, I log them out in the base or near a sg portal to get the temp power(s) charged up. I was definitely a major user of the enterbasefrompasscode command, too.

+1 on the sg base telepad exits being moved... somehow I find the ones I use the most to be more annoying. Specifically, Bricktown (nice shortcut to Crey's Folly for Numina and Manticore TF's) and Independence Port (though not that big a deal). Founder's also feels a bit more annoying, not sure why.

• Like 1

Yep overall an improvement. Once in while I use one of the summonable base portals, but not very often. Long Range TP and habit of logging out by base portal pretty much takes care of everything. I also think the new base portal locations and porting next to base portals was a big improvement. Another kind of positive side effect I have noticed is teamwork in coordinating/offering Team Teleport. People seem more thoughtful about offering it and team member seem more appreciative. Once again, the CoH community has pulled together to meet the challenge.