Jump to content

Issue 27: Second Chances, Page 1 - Out Now!


Jimmy

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Bopper said:

It's very helpful, ty. Are you able to explain what this "scale" is that's being referred to?

"Immobilize duration reduced from scale 15 to scale 7"

I was trying to find info. on this when @blackfeather pointed me to the modifier page.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, xl8 said:

It's very helpful, ty. Are you able to explain what this "scale" is that's being referred to?

"Immobilize duration reduced from scale 15 to scale 7"

I was trying to find info. on this when @blackfeather pointed me to the modifier page.

Look for the AT and level you want to analyze. Let's assume a level 50 Blaster. It has a base value of 1.192. That means a scale 7 would multiple with 1.192 to give you your duration of immobilize. In this case, it would be 8.344s

  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of, thank you for everything. You guys are doing a lot of wonderful work. Just knowing the game is being worked on helps maintain hope.

 

ok, the business:

never mind, just wasn't lining stuff up right in the game. Not sure how to delete the post at this time, just ignore it...

Sorry if I'm rambling, I seem to be medicated currently...

Edited by Starhammer
new info
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Starhammer said:

So /interact is working fine on doors and mission objectives, and contacts, but not plaques. maybe I'm not lining them up right or something, but I think I am, and mouse clicking works where the command doesn't

I tried it on the P2W Vendor in Pocket D earlier tonight and it didn't work there either.

 

Some adjustment may be needed.  I remember reading a post where a dev explains what happens when /interact is invoked: a search is done forward from the toon and forward and up to see what those projections hit.  If they hit something that can be interacted with, that's then triggered.  Tuned to work in most cases.

 

But not all.  Perhaps a feedback topic for /interact is needed, just to get info on what people are having problems with.  Perhaps including screenshots.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First off, I want to say thankyou devs for all your work.

 

I have been trying out the changes to touch of fear in dark melee.

 

The patch notes saus

 

Touch of Fear

  • Now a melee targeted AoE with a 10 target cap (16 for Tankers)
  • Now deals negative energy damage over time
  • Fear duration reduced by roughly 50%
  • Cast time increased from 1.17s to 1.97s
  • Only the main target will be affected by the Fear and ToHit debuff
  • Now accepts Melee AoE Damage sets

But I seem to be having an issue when attacking a group with the power it makes the entire group run away like they are in a rain of fire, not very productive for a melee toon.. Anyone else having this issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not really understanding the design goals with Touch of Fear.  As I understand it, it’s supposed to be some sort of “leveling power” that helps characters level, which is then to be respecc’d out of at end game because it’s sort of weak or outlives it’s usefulness.

 

Which is all well and good, but then it seems like anyone who already has an endgame Dark Melee character just got a straight up nerf with the Shadowmaul target reduction with no payoff or compensation.  Kind of confusing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vald said:

But I seem to be having an issue when attacking a group with the power it makes the entire group run away like they are in a rain of fire, not very productive for a melee toon.. Anyone else having this issue?

Haven't noticed this personally, are you a Scrapper running a damage aura that doesn't taunt? Those tend to scatter mobs.  Also some mobs love to run away for no reason.  Cabal and Longbow Eagles are particularly bad offenders.

 

On an unrelated note, I took my Sonic/Ninja Blaster out for a spin to see the new Shinobi and melee changes.  I love that Sting hits damn hard now and Lotus charges super quick.  Shinobi's crit damage is really all over the place though and I have no idea what's dictating the damage.  I see powers like Shriek and Sting doing what looks like the correct damage (if the 80% is a guideline) but some powers are way higher than expected (Choking Powder and Char (Fire Mastery) both crit for more damage than the DoT would deal), while some are much lower (Scream critted for less than one tick of damage, while Dreadful Wail did far less than the damage proc I put in it), and then Siren's Song crit for more damage than it deals as well, despite being a super weak attack to begin with.  All of my hits were against Knives of Vengeance of equal level in Dark Astoria and I assume they have lethal resistance (most everything does, but I didn't check).

  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Haven't noticed this personally, are you a Scrapper running a damage aura that doesn't taunt? Those tend to scatter mobs.  Also some mobs love to run away for no reason.  Cabal and Longbow Eagles are particularly bad offenders.

 

Yep thats it, weird part is that they only run away when I use touch of fear

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Arkterusss said:

I’m not really understanding the design goals with Touch of Fear.  As I understand it, it’s supposed to be some sort of “leveling power” that helps characters level, which is then to be respecc’d out of at end game because it’s sort of weak or outlives it’s usefulness.

 

Which is all well and good, but then it seems like anyone who already has an endgame Dark Melee character just got a straight up nerf with the Shadowmaul target reduction with no payoff or compensation.  Kind of confusing.

I have to agree that the "levelling power" design philosophy seems off.

I think we need to play with the power as if it is just another AoE, and if doesn't work at least Tolerably well on that basis then it probably needs another reevaluation.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, InfamousBrad said:

I just finished The Graveyard Shift on a level  28 (was 29 by the end) tri-form PB, set to +0x1, and ... was this supposed to be this brutal? Over half of the spawn points had unusually large numbers of spawns -- two lieutenants and a minion being the norm. Some of them were (expletive deleted) nuts, like the whole Raverobber instance, where a single spawn point typically consisted of 3-4 lieutenants and 5-6 minions. This, for example, is one spawn point (note the extra 3 lieutenants hidden by the girder):

Clipboard01.jpg

It did seem to be pretty crazy. 

 

In a good way, I had a ball doing it but I was playing a level 20-something Fire/Claws Tank and there was an Incarnate tank on the team as well (and we were both playing very aggressively, taunting additional spawns in and the like). So we were fine overall but there were a LOT of Freak Tanks attacking us and I could see a lot of teams struggling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great updates! The only thing I am sad about, is my Titan Weapon Brute, now feels neutered in the damage department. It feels like a big difference, and I am not liking how much longer it takes to take down groups of mobs.

Edited by dtaxtman86
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple things...

 

Bug? Long Range Teleport can not really be aborted. Once activated, if then aborted, it remains "queued." Then if any other teleport method is used (SG base portals, mission teleport, base teleport, etc), it uses up the Long Range Teleport too, prompting the 10 min cool down. Would it be possible to have Long Range Teleport actually abort after the destination window appears and is closed? I ran into this problem when attempting to see which zones I still needed to collect exploration badges for by looking at the destination list for the zones I already have. 

 

Feature Request: Dark Melee power Touch of Fear. Love the additional damage! Since the power is touching more enemies, would it be possible to have the power's secondary effects apply to multiple targets as well (fear and -to hit debuff). I can see the fear affects only one target.

 

Feature Request: For the Fast Travel macro accolade, would it be possible to include the recharge/cool down times (If any) of each teleport power listed? It would help immensely!   

 

Thanks for the great Issue!!!!

Edited by BlackSpectre
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
8 hours ago, InfamousBrad said:

I just finished The Graveyard Shift on a level  28 (was 29 by the end) tri-form PB, set to +0x1, and ... was this supposed to be this brutal? Over half of the spawn points had unusually large numbers of spawns -- two lieutenants and a minion being the norm. Some of them were (expletive deleted) nuts, like the whole Raverobber instance, where a single spawn point typically consisted of 3-4 lieutenants and 5-6 minions. This, for example, is one spawn point (note the extra 3 lieutenants hidden by the girder):

Clipboard01.jpg

 

2 hours ago, Carnifax said:

It did seem to be pretty crazy. 

 

In a good way, I had a ball doing it but I was playing a level 20-something Fire/Claws Tank and there was an Incarnate tank on the team as well (and we were both playing very aggressively, taunting additional spawns in and the like). So we were fine overall but there were a LOT of Freak Tanks attacking us and I could see a lot of teams struggling. 

Actually I thought I'd fixed this. I will be looking into this. I don't remember manually massaging the spawn defs into maximum payout for everyone.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

 

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

 


Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Arkterusss said:

I’m not really understanding the design goals with Touch of Fear.  As I understand it, it’s supposed to be some sort of “leveling power” that helps characters level, which is then to be respecc’d out of at end game because it’s sort of weak or outlives it’s usefulness.

 

Which is all well and good, but then it seems like anyone who already has an endgame Dark Melee character just got a straight up nerf with the Shadowmaul target reduction with no payoff or compensation.  Kind of confusing.

Yes it is a confusing power.

 

Used for leveling until epic powers are available apparently (most sets don't have this), yet some ATs don't get it or soul drain until quite high levels. The radius is very small and will struggle to hit it's cap. It feels to short of a cooldown really for an AoE and feels too spammable.

 

Yes if specced out at higher levels Dark melee has just had a nerf. SM+ToF is nearly twice the cast time of the old SM for pretty much the same effect. But old SM was buffed in order to compensate for DMs lack of AoE.

Edited by Gobbledegook
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

tenor.gif

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to die. https://twitter.com/trickshootah

 

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since you're starting to allow customization for temp/vet powers, can I put Team Teleporter in the queue for customization? I'd like the ability to choose the method of transport that shows up, regardless of alignment. Specifically, I'd like the ability to retain my praetorian flier when I level on up out of Praetoria.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Piecemeal said:

 

Actually I thought I'd fixed this. I will be looking into this. I don't remember manually massaging the spawn defs into maximum payout for everyone.

Haha I loved the insanity of it, my mind kept going back to the Jet Li movie The One.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, spiritbrand said:

I'm not sure I get the benefit of these short-range combat teleports. When and why would I use this versus just moving over to the other spot? Especially if it's a two-click maneuver.

Benefits are minor, especially on a ranged class: escaping an immobilize, retreating to cover slightly faster than normal, etc. I just think it is hilarious and cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, spiritbrand said:

I'm not sure I get the benefit of these short-range combat teleports. When and why would I use this versus just moving over to the other spot? Especially if it's a two-click maneuver.

By using the command “powexeclocation  target” you can make it one click and you can make it go directly to your target, even through walls and around corners and such. You can also use it to get out of slow patches and other Debuffs. It’s a very good power.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First of all..THANK YOU for the hard work and the new material 🙂

Second...I DO have to question the one decision that has (so far) affected my toons.  The reordering of the Mental Manipulation Blaster secondary.   Telekinetic Thrust was a major aid to lower/mid lvl toons.  I question why it was moved to the bottom and why its CD was increased.  
I had three toons that had this already and have not played them yet since the changes...will it still work?  I only discovered it when I created a water/mental blaster last night. As it stands now...I will probably scrap that toon and try something else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dylan Clearbrook said:

First of all..THANK YOU for the hard work and the new material 🙂

Second...I DO have to question the one decision that has (so far) affected my toons.  The reordering of the Mental Manipulation Blaster secondary.   Telekinetic Thrust was a major aid to lower/mid lvl toons.  I question why it was moved to the bottom and why its CD was increased.  
I had three toons that had this already and have not played them yet since the changes...will it still work?  I only discovered it when I created a water/mental blaster last night. As it stands now...I will probably scrap that toon and try something else. 

TK Thrust now does a bunch more damage than before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Troo said:

I love the crossed out to do list

Oh no...but now he is allowed to die.

  • Haha 2

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...