Issue 27: Second Chances, Page 1 - Out Now!

Jimmy

On 11/24/2020 at 3:09 PM, Hyperstrike said:

*Tosses Harwaiians into the volcanoes  to appease the gods for the abomination that is ruining a pizza with pineapple*

Don't toss Hawaiians into a volcano for that. It was made by a Canadian. He's dead now.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:51 AM, Vald said:

First off, I want to say thankyou devs for all your work.

I have been trying out the changes to touch of fear in dark melee.

<snip>

But I seem to be having an issue when attacking a group with the power it makes the entire group run away like they are in a rain of fire, not very productive for a melee toon.. Anyone else having this issue?

Without a taunt, DoT effects cause mobs to flee more (this is why even without a specific effect making the mobs flee, Caltrops, Rain of Fire, Ice Storm, and Burn all make mobs try to run away).

On 11/25/2020 at 6:34 PM, gec72 said:

Hrm. I think at least back on live I liked having the utility of Stun on my (solo) Inv/EM tank.* Sometimes having a means of soft control was useful. (Sappers?)

* he hasn't been priority for leveling up again and is somewhere in the teens

edit: I guess it might be workable with the Barrage change, I will have to see how the new mechanics play out. And yes, I am probably an atypical player. I imagine I'm one of the few who isn't all that keen on the sniper power changes because it slows me down solo waiting for the out-of-combat status to flip to engage a new mob.

You'll have to use Total Focus first, the base duration will be slightly less (under 2 sec iirc?), and you'll give up the fast Energy Transfer, but an Energy-Focused Barrage can replace Stun one-for-one while doing more damage in a faster animation for less endurance and applying -special. I don't mention "with a lower recharge" in this instance because of the tie to Total Focus and its 20 second recharge. If you used Stun before there's less of a benefit to the other changes in the set, but you're still better off than you were just by using Barrage compared to taking (and slotting) Stun.

That said, with my (pre-original EM nerf) Brute I never used Stun because the 60% chance in both Energy Transfer and Bone Smasher meant it's easy to reliably stun without it, and a dead Sapper is better than a stunned Sapper (I used ET first back then since it was always fast, now you can use TF on the Sapper and follow up with ET on something else instead... or lead with ET (or, I guess Barrage) if you still have focus from the previous spawn).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Don't toss Hawaiians into a volcano for that. It was made by a Canadian. He's dead now.

Without a taunt, DoT effects cause mobs to flee more (this is why even without a specific effect making the mobs flee, Caltrops, Rain of Fire, Ice Storm, and Burn all make mobs try to run away).

You'll have to use Total Focus first, the base duration will be slightly less (under 2 sec iirc?), and you'll give up the fast Energy Transfer, but an Energy-Focused Barrage can replace Stun one-for-one while doing more damage in a faster animation for less endurance and applying -special. I don't mention "with a lower recharge" in this instance because of the tie to Total Focus and its 20 second recharge. If you used Stun before there's less of a benefit to the other changes in the set, but you're still better off than you were just by using Barrage compared to taking (and slotting) Stun.

That said, with my (pre-original EM nerf) Brute I never used Stun because the 60% chance in both Energy Transfer and Bone Smasher meant it's easy to reliably stun without it, and a dead Sapper is better than a stunned Sapper (I used ET first back then since it was always fast, now you can use TF on the Sapper and follow up with ET on something else instead... or lead with ET (or, I guess Barrage) if you still have focus from the previous spawn).

Debuffs will too... things like Snow Storm.

Something I noticed on Agent Watkin's mission to Investigate Pathogen's Warehouse.  The map has a persistent debuff in play that reduces regen, recovery, and max hp/end.  While that's normal, I went in on a Mastermind and noticed my pets were not suffering from it.  Even more interesting, the Boosters you can find on the map that counter the effect for a short while also work on the pets, giving the pets the full buff without the map's debuff.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

Do you mean Tactical Arrow/ESD Arrow?

Ah, indeed I confused those two.

So, the issue is shouldn't Blaster/Tactical Arrow/ESD Arrow take stun enhancers/sets? Notes say that it now DOES accept stun enhancers/sets. And the trial I did in-game was on a TA defender. I guess this is all moot. Sorry for providing static.

The new dataset in Mid's Reborn does not allow stun sets on Blaster/Tactical Arrow/ESD Arrow .

/Peace

Edited by Cidri

Two issues:

1) I can no longer use Longbow Jetpack in PvP zones. Is this intentional? It makes redside accolades much more difficult, since there's a required explore badge on top of a globe in Warburg.

2) One of my characters - and only one, as far as I can tell - has a borked UI scale for interaction dialogs. Screenshot attached; note how the text on the flashback settings dialog is way smaller than the text in the contact menu.

Logging out, restarting client, and changing graphics settings did nothing to fix the problem.

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 9.59.05 AM.png

Regarding the jetpack, yes it's intentional that you cannot use that jetpack, however, you can buy a cheap PvP jetpack, super jump, and/or TP from any PvP vendor for cheap.

Yes, the vendors are on the map with the usual $ symbol, usually very close to the entrance.

6 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

Where do I find these vendors? Are they marked on the map?

Edited by Bionic_Flea

24 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

Two issues:

1) I can no longer use Longbow Jetpack in PvP zones. Is this intentional? It makes redside accolades much more difficult, since there's a required explore badge on top of a globe in Warburg.

The prestige skiffs appear to still work, but that's 1M I didn't used to need to spend.

Just now, JAMMan0000 said:

Thanks Bopper. That looks like historical info. Is that still mostly accurate today? If not, do you know if there is a similar  current reference?

It should be mostly accurate. I dont think any tables have changed, but new ones were added. PvP damage tables (page 5?) and Special Mod tables (issue 27) are the new ones that come to mind 

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

8 hours ago, Cidri said:

Ah, indeed I confused those two.

So, the issue is shouldn't Blaster/Tactical Arrow/ESD Arrow take stun enhancers/sets? Notes say that it now DOES accept stun enhancers/sets. And the trial I did in-game was on a TA defender. I guess this is all moot. Sorry for providing static.

The new dataset in Mid's Reborn does not allow stun sets on Blaster/Tactical Arrow/ESD Arrow .

/Peace

Has Mids been updated for i27 already?

• City Council
5 hours ago, KeepDistance said:

I can no longer use Longbow Jetpack in PvP zones. Is this intentional? It makes redside accolades much more difficult, since there's a required explore badge on top of a globe in Warburg.

2) One of my characters - and only one, as far as I can tell - has a borked UI scale for interaction dialogs. Screenshot attached; note how the text on the flashback settings dialog is way smaller than the text in the contact menu.

1) Yes, use the Arena version from the vendors in the zone.

2) /windowscale contactDialog 1 (or any number between 0.5 and 5)

8 hours ago, KeepDistance said:

3 hours ago, Faultline said:

2) /windowscale contactDialog 1 (or any number between 0.5 and 5)

Just to offer an alternative solution: I fixed this by turning off Automatic UI Scale in Options on the Windows tab.

• Like 1

TP Foe could formally be used on an ally's target. Since TP Foe has been removed this function is lost.

Power Changes

• Teleportation_RecallTeleport.png.6f11238cb1e9a8151d5bd2adc8cf2886.png Teleport Target (Replaces Recall Friend)
    • Now combines the functionality of Recall Friend and Teleport Foe
    • If you previously had Recall Friend, you'll now have Teleport Target
  • Combat_Teleport.png.aea719bb22d4911ea1aa202651b0da0c.png Combat Teleport (Replaces Teleport Foe)
    • A quick-casting, short-ranged (100ft) teleport designed to be used in combat
    • The range of this power can be enhanced, but it cannot be buffed or debuffed by set bonuses or other powers
    • This power can be activated up to 3 times in a row before it triggers a cooldown
    • This power grants a small ToHit buff to your next attack
    • If you previously had Teleport Foe, you'll now have Combat Teleport
  • Teleportation_Teleport.png.eeeec095e2005a7fc7b5a36a012dce5c.png Teleport
    • This power now grants a 4s untouchable buff
      • If you attack while this buff is active, both the Untouchable buff and the Hover buff will be cancelled
      • If you have been in combat in the last 10 seconds, phase will not be triggered
      • In PvP, using teleport 3 times within a 30 second window will trigger No Phase
  • Teleportation_GroupTeleport.png.3eab08633c7da2ba31708b9a999e4baa.png Team Teleport
    • Endurance cost reduced from 20 to 16
  • Teleportation_FoldSpace.png.04825380c32efb8345db1788d7d52cfa.png Fold Space (Replaces Long Range Teleport)
    • This power will teleport foes from the nearby area into melee range
      • Line of sight is required
      • 100ft range, 16 targets max, prioritizes closer targets
    • Long Range Teleport has been removed from the Teleportation pool and is now an Accolade power
      • If you previously had Long Range Teleport, you'll now have Fold Space
      • See the Long Range Teleporter section below for more information

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

21 hours ago, Faultline said:

1) Yes, use the Arena version from the vendors in the zone.

This does not work in Siren's call.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

On 11/27/2020 at 8:57 PM, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and assume the pvp community is breathing a sigh of relief that people can't slowly fly away with a p2w jetpack.

It's so people can't fly indefinitely post jaunt in zones. Badgers can still buy a 2min jetpack for 10k. Everyone wins.

1 minute ago, Troo said:

This does not work in Siren's call.

image.png.d7b97b222ef91d4c9c2d0d4e6232959b.png

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

@America's Angel and this is a flaw in the somewhat short sighted plans that were pushed to production.

You can hang onto your opinion that it is working. Fact remains, it is not working equal to how it worked previously. The new changes punish some players but not all equally.

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1