Tarnished Star Badge Requirements

Glacier Peak

59 minutes ago, Jacktar said:

Hi, as I saw this stated in chat just now, do we have to redo all those arcs/TF’s again to make them count or does previous stuff count.

I have every badge except a couple of incarnate masters of and have 100% completed the content from Oroborus flame both red and blue sides.

All soloed.

Should I be good to go for the badge?

Thanks

If you had every badge - you need to make sure you also have done Freakalympics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, thanks for confirmatiom about previously done content counting as I could not challenge the guy who was saying in General chat that it did not!

Hope I see them again ingame.

I have all the non badge bits so I will go ahead and run it on my main badger laters.

I did run it solo on a lowbie scrapper last night into the last mish so am preprepared for the task.

Appreciate the help and support 👍😀

Thanks

• Like 1

• Retired Developer
1 minute ago, Glacier Peak said:

I believe Rollister is being found in a cell if players completed the OG Positron task force. As far as I can tell, it's an either/or scenario between him and Dr. Vaz. Can you confirm @Piecemeal?

Rollister is Posi2 or OG Posi TF.

Dr. Vahz is always.

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

• Retired Developer

Yes, is it not in the list? *facepalm*

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

No its got Dr Vahz, but he appears later in the mission once you have freed Bile and after you've defeated Manticor and the Shining Stars again... oh that reminds me WHY DID YOU MAKE ME DEFEAT Dillo??????? 😞 Couldn't it have been that Flambeaux tart???

His final "*hooo,,, rb*" almost brought tears to my eyes and repent from my villainy!!! 😄

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 3

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/

14 minutes ago, Kallisti said:

No its got Dr Vahz, but he appears later in the mission once you have freed Bile and after you've defeated Manticor and the Shining Stars again... oh that reminds me WHY DID YOU MAKE ME DEFEAT Dillo??????? 😞 Couldn't it have been that Flambeaux tart???

His final "*hooo,,, rb*" almost brought tears to my eyes and repent from my villainy!!! 😄

Ah thank you @Kallisti and @Piecemeal.

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Found a Glitch at least for my Alt badger. Main Went thru till end as was missing the Freaklympics as many have stated. Went thru it then finished Tarnished Star on 2nd run.  My alt tho was missing most of the arcs but had all the TF's so 3 of went and did them all to have all 17.  My friend was leader of all the Oro arc's but when i got to the Finale with me as the Leader, 2 cells (Nocturne and Kurse) were both empty. No idea why but i got credit that was confirmed in accolades 1 of 4 faultline arcs completed and in Oro it was yellow with star.   Thinking that i may need to have been leader for some odd reason i redid the Faultline arc #1 solo. Then went thru Sharkhead arc for my 2nd time and the cells were Both empty again.   I am totally at a loss why.  Why didnt the 1st run that gave me credit count and why didnt doing it solo work either.   I did find that when my main on his 2nd run (had all 17 and he was leader) took 3 friends thru they ALL got the Tarnished star Badge since it was My arc with my prisoners.  Sadly my Main and alt are on same account so i cant do that for him and just be done with it.   Any clarification or help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok... I've got all souvenirs. No badge. I've done this multiple times and the only people not in cells would be Nocturne and Kurse. However, I have all souvenirs and did the arcs necessary. Still no badge. If I need to bug this Imma be annoyed more than I already am. AM I needing to do all Fauline arcs?

Confirmed: Completed the rest of Faultline arcs (got Aftershock badge, cannot assume you need that badge for it) and redid the arc. Got the Tarnished Badge. Something is wonky with that...

Edited by Tax_E
Still confused by happy to have that badge.

@Tax E
** THE UNITED POWERS OF PARAGON **

Okay activated my Warshade this past night and completed  The Freaklympics,  Superadine Ring, Lords of Death, Ring of Peebles and Jim Temblor's Rumblings of the Past story arcs.  Then went into this new arc and found all but two cells were occupied.

Rechecked them and the two that are missing were:

10.    Night Widow Nocturne

11.    Kurse

Per Paragon Wiki: Kurse only appears in Rumblings of the Past which is Jim Temblor's story arc.

Nocturne however appears in Rumblings of the Past and TWICE in Agent G's faultline story arc.

So I'm going to see if I can tear through Agent G's arc then go back to this new one

EDIT: okay I tore thru Agent G's arc with ease, took down Nocturne in the early part of it and in the optional battle in the final mission.   Did not help, her cell and Kurse's cell were empty.

next test will be to run the other 2 Faultline arcs

Edited by Voltor

25 alts with all the badges!

2 hours ago, Voltor said:

Okay activated my Warshade this past night and completed  The Freaklympics,  Superadine Ring, Lords of Death, Ring of Peebles and Jim Temblor's Rumblings of the Past story arcs.  Then went into this new arc and found all but two cells were occupied.

Rechecked them and the two that are missing were:

11.    Kurse

Per Paragon Wiki: Kurse only appears in Rumblings of the Past which is Jim Temblor's story arc.

Nocturne however appears in Rumblings of the Past and TWICE in Agent G's faultline story arc.

So I'm going to see if I can tear through Agent G's arc then go back to this new one

EDIT: okay I tore thru Agent G's arc with ease, took down Nocturne in the early part of it and in the optional battle in the final mission.   Did not help, her cell and Kurse's cell were empty.

next test will be to run the other 2 Faultline arcs

@Voltor, did you complete the 'Rumblings of the Past' story arc and receive the Souvenir token?

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

7 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Voltor, did you complete the 'Rumblings of the Past' story arc and receive the Souvenir token?

Ill recheck but pretty sure i did

EDIT: yep just logged back into the warshade and rechecked souveniers, it shows I have the battered video tape.

Edited by Voltor
  • Thanks 1

• Retired Developer

It should only require the Doc Delilah souvenir, as I wrote the code and am looking at it now. But I won't complain if people run all those arcs, you get Yin Enhancements at the end of it and can use the upgrade button to keep them forever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piecemeal said:

It should only require the Doc Delilah souvenir, as I wrote the code and am looking at it now. But I won't complain if people run all those arcs, you get Yin Enhancements at the end of it and can use the upgrade button to keep them forever.

Well my first three alts that wrapped up the badges, had all badges already so there was no way for me to test until now.

However my Warshade did do only the first arc of Faultline, had all the TF's already and did the two skull arcs and Freaklympics.  They then went rogue and the two cells were indeed empty.   Ran arc #4 of Faultline since Nocturne is in it but that didn't help.

I speculate that Nocturne appearing in the first and fourth arcs may be throwing it off a bit, but that is only speculation.

• Like 1

I'll add my voice to this as well.

Two empty cells, Nocturne and Kurse. I have the battered video tape, but I've only done the first two Fautline arcs.

Either it's triggered by Doc Deliah or Agent G, or you have to do all four arcs.

I guess I'll have to do it for a third time.

32 minutes ago, Spiny said:

I'll add my voice to this as well.

Two empty cells, Nocturne and Kurse. I have the battered video tape, but I've only done the first two Fautline arcs.

Either it's triggered by Doc Deliah or Agent G, or you have to do all four arcs.

I guess I'll have to do it for a third time.

I may be mistaken, but I believe you also need to defeat Nocturne throughout the rest of the other separate Faultline arcs as well. Even at the end of Agent Gs arc for it to count properly. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

On 11/25/2020 at 6:54 PM, Voltor said:

Thanks for the list!  I have added the arc number and level range of the story arcs as found in the Ouro crystal.  That way everyone can use the crystal as their check list before going for this badge!

These five are found in the Admiral Sutter Task Force:

1.      Primal Col. Duray

2.      Praetorian Col. Duray

3.      Harbinger

4.      Jane Temblor

5.      Fusion

The next three are found in Striga Island:

6.      Archon Burkholder from Ernesto Hess Task Force

7.      Heracles from Stephanie Peebles story arc "Ring of Peebles" 3.01 lvl 25-29

8.      Arakhn from the Moonfire TF

Steel Canyon Story Arc:

9.      Sun Xiong from Graham Easton's story arc "Last Rites" (NOTE: YOU MUST SPARE HIS LIFE, NOT DEFEAT HIM)  22.02 lvl 20-24

Faultline Story Arc from Jim Temblor "Rumblings of the Past" Souvenir: 8.01 lvl 20-24

11.    Kurse

Shauna Stockwell's Souvenir "The Superadine Ring"   24.01 lvl 15-19

12.    Chernobog Petrovic

Kings Row Story Arc from Eagle Eye "Lords of Death"  24.02 lvl 15-19

13.    Veles Petrovic

Hollows Story Arc from Talshak the Mystic "Heart of the Hollows" 2.04 lvl 10-14

14.    Atta

Synapse Task Force (Badge: Synapse Cohort/Betrayer)

15.    Clockwork King from Synapse TF

Positron Task Force Part Two (Badge: Dam Hero, with prerequisite of Rule of Three Badge) OR the original Positron Task Force via Ouroborus

16.    Dr. Vahzilok

One Talos Island Story Arc from Marvin Weintraub or Collin Larson (IP) "Freaklympics" 0.20 level 25-29

17.    "Mistah Static' from Freaklympics Gold Medal Souvenir Story Arc

as per the Faultine stuff for Nocturne and Kurse.. Seems you have to do ALL 4 Fault arcs.. current tested 1,2 and 4 but still no Kurse and Nocturne so Deduction means I have to do number 3.. and UPDATE.. just did the 4th arc and then did Villian arc..and got badge.. ALSO>> Manti has to spawn for badge! Manticore only spawns when all AVs are captured.

Edited by ember7401
updating info
  • Thanks 1

Sent another alt to fulfill the requirements, they had already done part 4 of Faultine,  not the first three. However I breezed through parts 1 to 3 and reran part 4 and made sure to smash Nocturne and the other bosses in the last mission instead of skipping straight to Penelope.

Then had to run Freaklympics....not one of my favorite arcs but it does give 57 merits.

After that I flipped to red and all prisoners were in their cells.  Tarnished Star obtained.

Conclusion, all 4 parts must be done but in the final mission of part 4 you must also defeat Nocturne instead of skipping to the end of the mission.  Luckily it is an easy fight.

• Like 2