Long Range Teleport ideas

cohRock

I love the Long Range Teleport (LRT) power.  In the long run it is actually a more convenient travel power than the instant-base-access-from-anywhere kludge we had before, since you can go directly to a zone instead of to base first.  But I have two ideas to improve it.

1. (Easy) Make the list of unlocked zones always available.  Currently, once you use the power, you cannot see the list again until LRT's recharge is complete.  This could be done in at least two ways.  The first is to make the power always available, even during recharge.  The entries in its zone list would be ghosted while recharging.  A possibly easier-to-implement solution is to keep a 2nd zone list in the Detailed Info for the power.  One could simply look at that instead of activating the power itself.  Note:  inconsistently, the power goes into recharge even when [Cancel] is selected.  IMO this is a bug, and the power should not be "used" unless the character actually travels.
  2. Reward badgers.  To activate the power, one needs all the exploration badges in at least one zone, earning the exploration accolade (EA) for that zone.  My idea would be to reduce LRT's recharge time by 6 seconds for each EA one has.  For example, if 10 EA, then the recharge time would be reduced by 10*6sec, or one minute. The recharge could be calculated on login, and updated on earning of another EA.  Having just one exploration badge in a zone would still add that zone to the list, but having all the zone's badges would slightly improve the power overall.
Edited by cohRock
  • Like 3

-- Rock

2 minutes ago, cohRock said:

I love the Long Range Teleport (LRT) power.  In the long run it is actually a more convenient travel power than the instant-base-access-from-anywhere kludge we had before, since you can go directly to a zone instead of to base first.  But I have two ideas to improve it.

1. (Easy) Make the list of unlocked zones always available.  Currently, once you use the power, you cannot see the list again until LRT's recharge is complete.  This could be done in at least two ways.  The first is to make the power always available, even during recharge.  The entries in its zone list would be ghosted while recharging.  A possibly easier-to-implement solution is to keep a 2nd zone list in the Detailed Info for the power.  One could simply look at that instead of activating the power itself.  Note:  inconsistently, the power goes into recharge even when [Cancel] is selected.  IMO this is a bug, and the power should not be "used" unless the character actually travels.
  2. Reward badgers.  To activate the power, one needs all the exploration badges in at least one zone, earning the exploration accolade (EA) for that zone.  My idea would be to reduce LRT's recharge time by 6 seconds for each EA one has.  For example, if 10 EA, then the recharge time would be reduced by 10*6sec, or one minute. The recharge could be calculated on login, and updated on earning of another EA.  Having just one exploration badge in a zone, once LRT is already available, would still add that zone to the list, but having all the zone's badges would slightly improve the power overall.

These are good suggestions. I would recommend you add them to the discussion found here: 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 minutes ago, cohRock said:

a 2nd zone list in the Detailed Info for the power.  One could simply look at that instead of activating the power itself.  Note:  inconsistently, the power goes into recharge even when [Cancel] is selected.  IMO this is a bug, and the power should not be "used" unless the character actually travels.

1000% this....Am I suppose to memorize the list of EA I have for all my toons? It makes no sense, I need access to the list to see what I have and what I need.