Ice/TA or TA/Ice?

Mythcreatio

Defender debuff numbers are going to be much stronger. Which means less slotting for things like defense bonuses. 

Defender forum has some discussion on the TA set and some folks there have positive comments on TA/Ice, too.

Edited by Force Redux

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

I'm leaning towards defender for the debuffs, then proc out attacks for damage 

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

In general, I'd go TA/x, but with Ice and especially Fire, it could be argued that Corruptor versions are very good also. Fire does more base damage so having a higher base multiplier and damage cap matters more, and it can't fit in as many procs. Ice isn't as high damage and can take more procs, but both also have Rain powers that, last I heard, were bugged to do more damage on Corruptors than they should. And they take advantage of Scourge better by doing damage incrementally rather just having the damage calculated at attack time, so they improve their own Scourge chances as health trickles down.

Basically, I like Fire Blast a lot more on Corruptors than on Defenders, and Ice can go both ways but I think is generally better on Corruptors. Whether that's enough to make up for the TA being a secondary rather than a primary, I'm not sure. But I wouldn't automatically jump into Defender as the AT of choice for Ice or Fire Blast. Or Archery, probably, since it doesn't get too many procs and you want Hail or Arrows sooner. Dual Pistols or Dark Blast, unquestionably are better on Defenders.

2 hours ago, Coyote said:

In general, I'd go TA/x, but with Ice and especially Fire, it could be argued that Corruptor versions are very good also. Fire does more base damage so having a higher base multiplier and damage cap matters more, and it can't fit in as many procs. Ice isn't as high damage and can take more procs, but both also have Rain powers that, last I heard, were bugged to do more damage on Corruptors than they should. And they take advantage of Scourge better by doing damage incrementally rather just having the damage calculated at attack time, so they improve their own Scourge chances as health trickles down.

Basically, I like Fire Blast a lot more on Corruptors than on Defenders, and Ice can go both ways but I think is generally better on Corruptors. Whether that's enough to make up for the TA being a secondary rather than a primary, I'm not sure. But I wouldn't automatically jump into Defender as the AT of choice for Ice or Fire Blast. Or Archery, probably, since it doesn't get too many procs and you want Hail or Arrows sooner. Dual Pistols or Dark Blast, unquestionably are better on Defenders.

Fire/TA was sneaky-good before I27, now it's just ludicrous.  There should definitely be more than 15 of us running around 🙂

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!