[Beta] Patch Notes for November 28th, 2020

Jimmy

6 hours ago, Jacke said:

The Second Chance is shown on owned Travel powers that pop up a menu by putting a red ring around the power.  If you close the menu without selecting a destination or otherwise changing zone, the original Travel power can't figure it out due to limitation of the current UI which isn't easy to change.

So the original Travel power is held up from going on cooldown by Second Chance, another power triggered by the first use of the original Travel power.  Second Chance waits for a change in Zone or the cooldown time of the original Travel power to expire.  While that red ring is present, the original Travel power can be invoked again because it wasn't used the first time.

If the Zone changes, Second Chance puts the original Travel power on cooldown (for I believe the time left as it was keeping track)  and goes away.  If the cooldown time passes without a change of Zones, Second Chance goes away and leaves the original Travel power ready to use.

Seems like it'd be easier to implement this as two powers, one that has zero cooldown and triggers the menu, and the other that has the desired cooldown and isn't triggered until the menu's clicked?

• City Council
2 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

Seems like it'd be easier to implement this as two powers, one that has zero cooldown and triggers the menu, and the other that has the desired cooldown and isn't triggered until the menu's clicked?

The powers system doesn't know anything about what you do with the menu. They are completely different systems that don't talk to each other.

26 minutes ago, KeepDistance said:

23 minutes ago, Faultline said:

The powers system doesn't know anything about what you do with the menu. They are completely different systems that don't talk to each other.

@KeepDistance, I think the problem that would exist with your scheme, which, if possible with the current code, I think could otherwise work, is that the LRT icon or similar power icons would trigger zero-cooldown powers to show the menu--and thus would never show any cooldown.  Only the power that the menu buttons triggered would have a non-zero cooldown.  Some UI element would have to be hacked to show that cooldown.  And to show it on the icon of a different power, like the LRT, would likely be a real ugly hack.

Better the system that works now, as complex as it is.

Edited by Jacke

Is there a way to make the base transporter power take me straight to my base without the extra click menu with enter base and enter passcode? The way i have my bind set up now: "enterbasefrompasscode lazy-1234$$powexecname Base Transporter", only grievance is it requires 2 button presses to achieve the same affect the /enterbasefrompasscode did with only 1. Just curious is all 🙂

Edited by KingofMonkeys

10 hours ago, Jimmy said:

The power can't be used with the Master Of conditions active.

Or rather, it shouldn't be able to be. If it does, that's a bug.

2 hours ago, Faultline said:

He's thinking of Ouro, which is disabled in Master runs but it's not an accolade (even though it looks and acts like one)

I was wrong.  Both the Ouroboros Portal and Long Range Teleporter are available and fully functional during Master of * task/strike forces.  I just tried on the Excelsior shard.

• City Council
6 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I was wrong.  Both the Ouroboros Portal and Long Range Teleporter are available and fully functional during Master of * task/strike forces.  I just tried on the Excelsior shard.

Ouro should be disabled **inside missions**. It was intentionally left enabled when outdoors.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Wavicle said:

It took several hours to unlock on all my alts. Is that a lot? Not much? I’m not sure.

1 mil Inf or run around Atlas for 5 minutes?

I think I'll be running around Atlas for 5 minutes.

I only have like 70+<100 characters at this point. (and, yeah, all the ones that I had created before the issue drop I had run around Atlas so that they would unlock it).

If the Taxibots return in force, there will be no need for new characters to spend 1 mil to unlock it. The run-around-Atlas will take even far less time.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Maybe it's normal since it's some sort of macro ? The fast travel menu cannot be opened with /powexecname .
However if you drop it on a dummy bar it can be opened with e.g. /powexectray 1 8 (tray 8, slot 1)

And thank you so much for including a way to check what has been unlocked for LRT without actually using it 🙂

• Like 1

• Jimmy unfeatured and locked this topic