Has he always been here?

Solarverse

Tre died more than a few years ago now.

He was placed into the game in tribute.
On the phone with Sal of course...

If you do ship raids from Point du Hoc, you'll see Todogut in there.
He was another player.  Had a penchant for dressing up as Statesman at Convention cosplays.

statesman_onstage_at_wizard_world_clevel

• Thanks 4

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

I hate hearing about CoH gamers dying in real life. Mortality sucks ass. We all like to believe that we will be here forever...until one day out of the blue...we are not. 

R.I.P. Ascendant  😢

Edited by Solarverse
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Made this shortly after he died.

I wish I had a chance to meet him before he passed. He sounds like he was a great guy with a great sense of humor. Thanks for posting this!

I was in Blyde Square the other day, playing around with Group Fly which I'd just picked up and giving the 'bots some practice against the Outcasts who were menacing people in the general area, when a bunch of +1 (level 15) Skulls went by me with Ascendant in hot pursuit! I'd been lucky enough to see Prestidigitator's Act in Atlas Park a few days previously and I knew of Ascendant's routines (although I never saw one, being on a different retail server) so the coincidence made me smile. I dropped a couple of trick arrows on the Skulls to slow them down and set the 'bots on them, and they were in the Zig in short order - mostly Ascendant's work, I have to say.

Then I looked around and noticed a hero face down by the base portal. I dropped a wakie on them and we had a quick chat while their head cleared (they'd been AFK when their ambush spawned). If it hadn't been for Acendant, I'd never have noticed them.

Thanks, Ascendant!

-------------------------------------------------

On a more serious note, I wasn't aware that Ascendant's player had passed. That actually came as more of a shock than I'd have thought possible. I never met him, but you have to appreciate anyone who puts in that amount of effort and creativity just on the off-chance that they'll entertain a few others. That goes for Prestidigitator too, and anyone else doing similar routines that I haven't mentioned.

• Haha 1

There are quite a few of these memorials in-game.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/10666-curupira/

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Category:Memorial_NPCs

Apparently about ten of them, according to at least one source, but said-source didn't provide details beyond their names:
Ascendant
Luna
Curupira
Raine Heartfall
Malkiel Ivesse
Todogut
Tsukira Wolf
Adam
Norsewind

If anyone has more concrete information, it would be wonderful of you to share it.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Aye.  Coyote was implemented by the original Legacy/Retail Devs.  As far as I'm aware, all the other memorials are SCoRE/Homecoming additions.

There is no mention of who the person was behind the memorial though, which kind of sucks. It's like a gravestone that is so old that the lettering has weathered away and now it is just a nameless gravestone.

Also, according to Wiki, Ascendant...and well, all but two was added in i25. It would seem Malkiel Ivesse  was added in during the 2019 Halloween event (which would place him during SCoRE/Homecoming) and Raine Heartfall unfortunately does not have any information, not even info on the player who created her, much less the date she was added.

4 hours ago, Solarverse said:

There is no mention of who the person was behind the memorial though, which kind of sucks. It's like a gravestone that is so old that the lettering has weathered away and now it is just a nameless gravestone.

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Coyote

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!