Basic Base Transportation

Mageman

With the changes to base teleportation in Issue 27, I've decided to create a base on each server that is identical on each one. So I've created characters on each server and created a base on each one. Here's the information so far (to be updated as I have time to work on each base).

Server: Excelsior
/macro_image "Awakened_PsionicCut" "Base Teleporter" enterbasefrompasscode TRANSPORT-7831 TRANSPORT-6608

Server: Everlasting
/macro_image "Awakened_PsionicCut" "Base Teleporter" enterbasefrompasscode TRANSPORT-16925

Server: Indomitable
/macro_image "Awakened_PsionicCut" "Base Teleporter" enterbasefrompasscode TRANSPORT-8027

Server: Reunion
/macro_image "Awakened_PsionicCut" "Base Teleporter" enterbasefrompasscode TRANSPORT-5685

Server: Torchbearer
/macro_image "Awakened_PsionicCut" "Base Teleporter" enterbasefrompasscode TRANSPORT-10482

Please note that it takes 4+ hours of editing to get the base looking the way I want. I can't do this all at once, so it will take time. The first thing I work on is the basic look/feel of the base followed by the Teleporters (which I think are the most important part), followed by the NPCs, then everything else.

The steps I use to create a base;

1. Add a 2X5 room and a 4X6 room. Add and remove doorways (eventually, I'll remove the door between the "Entrance" and the 4X6 room). Raise the ceiling all the way up in all the rooms. Select wall and ceiling textures. Remove floor and ceiling trim.
  2. Place an (Arcane) Small Power Crystal upside down on the ceiling of the "Secret Entrance" room. Place a floor plate where I want the entrance portal to be. Place Arcane and Tech Reclamators on either side of the entrance portal (in case I die). Move the entrance portal onto the floor plate.
  3. Place a globe. Place a (Tech Teleport) Interdimensional Shard inside the Globe. Place the (Tech Teleport) beacons for that shard. Test the globe to make sure that all the correct destinations are available. Then push the beacons down into the floor (so you can't see them). Label the globes for the destinations. NOTE - one of the first beacons I place is Pocket D then I visit Null the Gull to change my alignment to Vigilante or Rogue so I can see all the destinations. Then I remove the Pocket D beacon and place the additional beacon(s) for that first globe.
  4. Repeat step 3 as necessary for the additional globes/shards/beacons.
  5. Place an Interdimensional Shard in the SE corner (in the wall) of the 4X6 room with a Beacon to the Aleph point. Place the Teleport Point Beth next to the Entrance Portal. Place another Interdimensional Shard in the Entrance Room with a Beacon to the Beth point. Place the Teleport Point Aleph at the north edge of the 2X5 room. NOTE - the reason for these is so when I remove the door between the entrance room and 4X6 room, I can teleport between them.
  6. Place a Tech Enhancement Table and an Arcane Inspiration Storage in the Entrance Room on either side of the Shard placed in step 5.
  7. Place 5 Vanguard and 5 Midnighter trainers and label them.
  8. Place 5 Vanguard and 5 Midnighter Quartermasters (sells Enhancements) and label them.
  9. Place 10 Nurses (sells Inspirations) and label them.
  10. Place 6 Facemakers and 6 Icon Employees (Costume Changes) and label them.
  11. Place 5 Fortuna Fateweavers and 5 Hero Corps Analysits (Game Settings) and label them.
  12. Place 3 Supercolliders and 3 Mystic Crucibles (Craft Empowerments) and label them.
  13. Place 15 Pillars of Ice and Flame and 10 Merit ATMs.
  14. Place 1 Arcane and 1 Tech Vault doors.
  15. Place 8 Tech and 8 Arcane Workbenches (for crafting IOs). Base is Operational (everything non-SG members need).
  16. Place 8 Tech and 8 Arcane Salvage Racks in the 2X5 room.
  17. Choose Mid Floor texture.
  18. Remove the doorway between the Entrance room and the 4X6 room.
  19. Base is Complete!

FAQs:

• Why did I do this? I feel that if you're working on multiple servers, it's nice to have a place to go where everything remains the same. Even with bases more difficult to get to (in Issue 27), you can still use the macro near a portal or in your own base. You also don't need to spend hours creating a base that useful to you - you only need a Rez and storage in your base - and then use the base I created. Even I do this with my alts.
  • Do you actually have characters on each server? Yes - you need at least one on the server to create a SG and then edit the base. However, I mainly play on Excelsior - a friend is trying to talk me into also playing on Everlasting (he plays on both). I have a few characters created there, but I still go back to Excelsior when he's not around.
  • Why did you choose the NPCs you did when there are others to choose from? I'm trying to keep the base balanced - wherever possible equal numbers of Arcane (Midnighters) and Tech (Vanguard) NPCs. Also equal numbers of Hero (Icon Employees and Hero Corps Analysits) and Villain (Facemakers and Fortuna Fateweavers). As far as the nurses go, I consider them a neutral NPC so they are balanced. The other inspiration sellers (like the Autodoc) are too large and I would need to reduce the number of NPCs.
  • Why do you wait until step 17 to choose the floor texture? I find that the Tech Circles floor texture is the easiest way to get everything lined up. However, I don't want this as my final floor texture.
  • What do you gain by doing this? Actually, I have nothing to gain. I'm not part of the Homecoming Team and I don't receive any compensation for doing it. However, I do enjoy seeing people actually using my base - knowing that it's useful and that it's something they enjoy.
Edited by Mageman
Updated status, base creation, and FAQs.