EMP/Energy

kage1822

I retooled my EMP/Energy, right now only lvl 12 but this is what I'm thinking any and all feedback would be appreciated

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Defender

Primary Power Set: Empathy

Secondary Power Set: Energy Blast

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Medicine

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Fighting

Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Healing Aura -- Trg-Heal/EndRdx(A), Trg-EndRdx/Rchg(3), Trg-Heal/Rchg(3), Trg-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(5)

Level 1: Power Bolt -- FarStr-Dmg/Rng(A), FarStr-Dmg/Rchg(5), FarStr-Acc/EndRdx(7)

Level 2: Power Blast -- Tmp-Acc/Dmg(A), Tmp-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Tmp-Dmg/Rchg(9), Tmp-EndDrn%(9)

Level 4: Hover -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(11), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(11)

Level 6: Resurrect -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 8: Energy Torrent -- VglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), VglAss-Dmg/Rchg(13), VglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), VglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), VglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), VglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(17)

Level 10: Heal Other -- RgnTss-Heal/EndRdx(A), RgnTss-EndRdx/Rchg(17), RgnTss-Heal/Rchg(19), RgnTss-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(19), RgnTss-Regen+(21)

Level 12: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(21), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(23)

Level 14: Fortitude -- Srn-Def/EndRdx(A), Srn-Def/Rchg(43), Srn-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Srn-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Srn-Def(48), Srn-EndRdx(48)

Level 16: Aid Other -- Heal-I(A)

Level 18: Recovery Aura -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(34), PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(36), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(36), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(36), PrfShf-End%(37)

Level 20: Aim -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)

Level 22: Sniper Blast -- ClbAcc-Acc/Dmg(A), ClbAcc-Acc/EndRdx(23), ClbAcc-Acc/ActRdx(25), ClbAcc-Acc/Rng(25), ClbAcc-Acc/Rchg(31), ClbAcc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31)

Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)

Level 26: Regeneration Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(27), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg(29), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Absorb%(31)

Level 28: Boxing -- Empty(A)

Level 30: Aid Self -- Heal-I(A)

Level 32: Adrenalin Boost -- EnrMnp-EndMod(A), EnrMnp-EndMod/Rchg(42), EnrMnp-Stun%(43)

Level 35: Explosive Blast -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(39)

Level 38: Nova -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(40), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(40), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Erd-%Dam(42)

Level 41: Conserve Power -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 44: Force of Nature -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(45), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(45), PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(45), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(46), PrfShf-End%(46)

Level 47: Field Medic -- HO:Golgi(A)

Level 49: Resuscitate -- Trg-Heal/EndRdx(A), Trg-EndRdx/Rchg(50), Trg-Heal/Rchg(50), Trg-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(50)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Vigilance

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)

------------

I'm still learning about builds and IO sets myself, but here's what I think:

- Recovery Aura really only needs Recharge. You said you were only level 12 so far so you may not have used it before, but once you unlock it, the recovery rate is so insane right off the bat that you don't need any more Endurance Modification. Same goes with Adrenalin Boost

- Clear Mind is your status clearing tool. You're going to run into enemies that love to put your allies in holds or stun them or blind them and this is how you save them. I do admit that it's not easy to see when an ally is mezzed unless they say something (usually the signal is "zzz" in chat, regardless of status).

- Absorb Pain is a very powerful heal that can save a Tanker that's near death and bring them back to near full HP in 1 cast. You're going to need this power. I guess this leads me into...

- The Medicine powers are a bit redundant. I assume the real aim was to either get 2 Resurrects and/or a self heal? Absorb Pain is much better second heal than Aid Other which is only half as powerful, longer to cast, and a much shorter range (Heal Other and Absorb Pain have a range of 80, Aid Other has a range of 25). You should at least consider swapping out Aid Other with Injection, as that can be used to debuff enemies' damage, recharge, and toHit, all things that will reduce the amount of damage your allies take in the first place. If you don't want Clear Mind, Injection can also be used on allies for a similar effect that last only half as long and on a longer cooldown.

- Boxing seems like an odd pick, and you haven't slotted it for anything, so I assume it's just a placeholder? I'd drop it Absorb Pain.

That's all I've got. Good luck!

without boxing, you can't get tough and weave, which are pretty good for resistances and defenses especially with the effects of the enhancement sets they're slotted with.

I'll take a look at the other stuff later and see what to change and repost it

without boxing, you can't get tough and weave, which are pretty good for resistances and defenses especially with the effects of the enhancement sets they're slotted with.

That's true, but you haven't actually taken Tough or Weave in this build either, so it looked like a dead pick.

wow, you're right... I've been doing a lot of tinkering, and I forgot to put it in. I'm still tinkering and will post up a new build shortly, as I just learned about some stuff that I didn't know about previously