Reduce Tough and Weave activation times

MsSmart

Hi:

I am really appreciative that the leadership abilities had their very long activation times reduced, its great for many of my alts that are heavy button built. Could you all please, please reduce the activation times for tough and weave as well to the same activation times given to leadership pool powers?

Thank you

Sue

• Like 2

I think you just mean Tough. Weave is already a quick 0.67s activation time, while Touch is a sluggish 3.1s activation time.

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I really don't see the need for any of the animation toggles. Why do we have to spin around doing a choreographed dance each time we buff up? Let them just be like combat jumping and be done with it please!

(for those that just crave that old-school feel for whatever reason, I suggest you are welcome to press a few emotes!)

Edited by summers
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, summers said:

I really don't see the need for any of the animation toggles. Why do we have to spin around doing a choreographed dance each time we buff up? Let them just be like combat jumping and be done with it please!

(for those that just crave that old-school feel for whatever reason, I suggest you are welcome to press a few emotes!)

I like this even better

• Like 1

Not that I'm against it, don't see why it would be a problem to change, but I have to ask.  How often are you having to toggle them on?  Mine get toggled on and are that way until I log the character off for some reason even if it's hours later.  Certainly nothing like it used to be when running Leadership toggles and got mezzed or nuked causing them to all 'drop'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Not that I'm against it, don't see why it would be a problem to change, but I have to ask.  How often are you having to toggle them on?  Mine get toggled on and are that way until I log the character off for some reason even if it's hours later.  Certainly nothing like it used to be when running Leadership toggles and got mezzed or nuked causing them to all 'drop'.

This is the same sort of argument as the Leadership toggles - until recently their activation time didn't match their animation time so even though the animation was done you were stuck unable to do anything for an extra bit of time. I think Tough and Field Medic are two of the biggest offenders still in the game.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

8 hours ago, macskull said:

This is the same sort of argument as the Leadership toggles - until recently their activation time didn't match their animation time so even though the animation was done you were stuck unable to do anything for an extra bit of time. I think Tough and Field Medic are two of the biggest offenders still in the game.

*nod* it wasn't intended as a counter arguement just wanted to see if the reasons were what I expected.  The one I had overlooked was dropping the exemplar status and forgetting to toggle on.  Lord knows I recall having to retoggle Leadership after getting mezzed .... after nearly every mob at times.  It's one of the many things that made Green Machine so memorable was the amount of +recovery was so high that frequently you could nuke and find your toggles still running afterwards even though you knew it had zeroed out your end albeit very very briefly.

11 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Not too often, but when you die and you have 8 or 10 of them to turn back on after rezzing it takes a bit.

This.  Combat rezzes of any type are all but useless without someone around to take aggro, else you'll be dead again by the time you've got your defenses back online.

I agree that Tough should have a shorter activation time.

Combat rezs with mezs, knockbacks, and other protections can work even when stuck in a group of mobs.  Prestige Renewal of Light has damage, knockback, stun, and leaves the toon untouchable for 15s.  Return to Battle gives the effect of all standard large Inspirations as well as untouchable for 15s.  Also having more Def, Res, and End Inspirations ready to gobble helps too.

To get a whole pile of power toggles back on in the current game, I use toggle turn-on macros.  This is the way.

• On all toons, I use a stock set of binds to overwrite the standard ones.  These have WERD as the movement keys, to put more keys around them to use.
  • S and F get special purposed for toggle turn-on macros for Stealth cloaks and Fight shields, similar to these binds.
/bind S "powexectray 9 3"
/bind F "powexectray 10 3"
  • For each toon, I put customized toggle turn-on macros in Tray 3 Slots 9 and 10  for that toon.

Example, for toons without a primary or secondary stealth power, I use Concealment's Stealth with Celerity Stealth IO in Prestige Power Surge.

Note: /macroslot puts the macro in the destination slot, here /macroslot 28 for Tray 3 ( (# div 10) + 1) Slot 9 ( (# mod 10) + 1).

/macroslot 28 +S "powexectoggleon Stealth$$powexectoggleon Prestige Power Surge"

The important things about the macros is that on each press the powers are executed from right to left.  So the first press turns on the Prestige Sprint, then the second tuns on Stealth.  Further presses do nothing (the feature of using powexectoggleon).

• Now the tricky one, the +F macro to turn on all Fighting shields, powers that you want up, in the order right to left.  Here for an Invincibility toon.

Note:  /macroslot 29 for Tray 3 ( (# div 10) + 1) Slot 10 ( (# mod 10) + 1).

/macroslot 29 +F "powexectoggleon Assault$$powexectoggleon Tactics$$powexectoggleon Stealth$$powexectoggleon Maneuvers$$powexectoggleon Weave$$powexectoggleon Tough$$powexectoggleon Temp Invulnerability$$powexectoggleon Unyielding"

Powers the toon doesn't have yet or in the current build are ignored.  Turned on from right to left.  Want the Mez Protection shield up first, then the strongest ones right to left.

I have a text file containing settings for new toons that has these /macroslot commands for each type of Powerset that provided protection, etc.

Note that due to activation times, some weird glitch, etc., a power may be skipped.  Keep pressing F until they're all running.

• And the last feature is the trays in my UI, in the lower right, where I put the shield toggles visibly in Trays 4, 6, and 8 so I can see them.  Here on my Dark Miasma/Radiation Blast/Dark Mastery Defender.

screenshot_201201-11-53-08a.jpg.90d168593ae1cf8b535cc89323f4da0c.jpg

Lots of other UI customizations there as well.  For example, in my standard keybinds I have H, J, and K bound to the power/macro in Tray 6 Slots 8, 9, 10.

/bind H "powexectray 8 6"
/bind J "powexectray 9 6"
/bind K "powexectray 10 6"

Edited by Jacke