Title Rewards Account-wide like Costumes Pretty Please?

Hartanna

Many of us have unlocked one or more special titles/costumes for winning various, graciously-hosted HC-team contests.

The costume shapeshifts were updated to be account-wide several months ago, and I was wondering if that'd be possible with the titles?

City of Heroes is a game of alting -- I have dozens of characters like so many other players. I usually swap between who I main every month or so.

One real problem I've had is the burning, reoccurring desire to have my unique title on the character I'm playing currently, instead of just one character that I'll get bored of eventually.

GM Miss has been very sweet to let me swap the title once, which I won't continue to ask for as it's likely a misuse of her time.

Would it be possible, devs, to add unique title-unlocks to the p2w vendor just like account-wide costumes?

I don't imagine it'd be hard, but I know little about how City of Heroes is coded.

I - and I'm sure a few others with unique titles - would very much appreciate the ability to add special titles to more than one character. It's SO hard to just pick one character.

If this is a possibility, I'd love to hear about it.

If not I'd also love to know so that I could forget about this fantasy of account-claimed-titles.

Either way, thanks so much for the work you do, HC Team!

Particularly with a character who won one of these titles might be using a more drab costume, leading people to wonder how they managed to win the title with that costume. Or edited the costume significantly after the contest. Either making the title account-wide, since the award is essentially going to the player that created the costume, or, in what I expect would be a nasty piece of coding, award them an extra costume slot with the winning costume in it and locked so it can't be changed, and tie the title to having that costume active.

15 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Particularly with a character who won one of these titles might be using a more drab costume, leading people to wonder how they managed to win the title with that costume.

I mean people change fashion in City of Heroes so often I never assume the costume they're in is the one they won with. Maybe that's just me? xD

15 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Either making the title account-wide, since the award is essentially going to the player that created the costume, or, in what I expect would be a nasty piece of coding, award them an extra costume slot with the winning costume in it and locked so it can't be changed, and tie the title to having that costume active.

You're likely right on the 'nasty piece of coding' part. It wouldn't work for all titles either, since one of the titles I have is not related to costumes. (#1 Dad/Mom/Parent)

I'm only asking for least effort possible to achieve the desired effect.

I know when the GM gives you an award title, it is not removable by yourself. And I'd even be alright with that coming from the p2w -- an unremovable title as long as you've earned it on your account.

But again, minimal effort since they have plenty on their plate. Really any way possible to have it on multiple characters, though I'm sure they'll do it cleanly if they do so.

Edited by Hartanna

8 minutes ago, Hartanna said:

You're likely right on the 'nasty piece of coding' part. It wouldn't work for all titles either, since one of the titles I have is not related to costumes. (#1 Dad/Mom/Parent

The reasoning behind locking CC titles to a new costume slot is to let the winner keep the costume to show off without eating a regular costume slot, or deleting or altering it inadvertently. Other titles, not associated with costumes, would need to be examined to see whether they apply to the character or the player -- titles associated with the player, like, IIRC, Bug Hunter, should be account-wide.