Patch Notes for December 1st, 2020 - Winter Event!

Jimmy

Just now, SeraphimKensai said:

After patches today, I've had 4 respec failures. unteamed. not on a taskforce.

Anyone able to respec?

using a lvl 41 ta/dp defender btw.

Normally I'd post this in the bug section, but I respec'd on the same toon just fine yesterday before today's patch.

Are you respeccing in a SG base?  If so, try respeccing in a zone.

19 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I'm standing on top of the hospital in Talos Island. I tried over in the AE building too.

Are you not currently fully leveled up? As in, you have powers or enhancement slots unpicked. I think respecs will always fail if you have a level up waiting.

Edited by Aberrant

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

1 minute ago, Aberrant said:

Are you not currently fully leveled up? As in, you have powers or enhancement slots unpicked. I think respecs will always fail if you aren't at your max level.

I'm lvl 41, and yes you can respec before lvl 50. fully trained for the levels I have earned.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Powers Bug Fixes

• Travel Powers should no longer generate a flashing buff icon

Thank you, thank you!

I have to say this is a surprising amount of extra work on top of such a major recent release.  Santa's elves must be very busy at Homecoming Central!!!

I was initially very unhappy, and vocal, about losing /ebfp.

I apologize unreservedly.  The new "get me 'round!" stuff works as good as, if not better, then the command.  And the one beef I was going to voice about which destinations one had unlocked has been addressed before I even put pen to paper, so to speak. 

Thanks very much for fixing Transfusion.  Mien Gott, that was frustrating.

• Like 4

• City Council
53 minutes ago, Freakenstein said:

Additionally, I'm sure its been asked, but was adding color back to the longbow jetpacks a bug or a feature? Myself and many others enjoyed having an almost black option.

Bugfix, they were never meant to be black, they (along a lot of powers) lost their palette information. The good news is that it should be possible to make them customizable in the future, and then you'll be able to make them whatever shade of black you like.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• City Council
52 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Anyone able to respec?

Going to have to put that bug in the priority queue to figure out once we're back from December break.

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Anyone able to respec?

using a lvl 41 ta/dp defender btw.

Normally I'd post this in the bug section, but I respec'd on the same toon just fine yesterday before today's patch.

Tested on a 21 Water/dark sent. Used a second build since I didn't want to redo my character, actually.

After leveling up, did a respec - worked fine. However, that build has no enhancements, so if that's a factor it wouldn't have affected me.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

36 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

Would be nice if you could do something with the Atlas Globe like you did for the Halloween event . A snow globe or a Christmas pudding or a Giant snowman for example 🙂

Big sack of Hellions.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Tested on a 21 Water/dark sent. Used a second build since I didn't want to redo my character, actually.

After leveling up, did a respec - worked fine. However, that build has no enhancements, so if that's a factor it wouldn't have affected me.

Alright, I'm going to finish hitting 50 and then quit, log back in and see if i can respec. Thanks. Maybe the December break that Faultline spoke of is already over.

Update: logging off the game and rebooting allowed the respec to work. Still not sure why it was failing in the first place, but might be something worth trying to figure out how to reproduce/eliminate occurrence of. Thanks for taking a short December Break.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

31 minutes ago, silentbutdebtly said:

I still drag the fast travel powers to the tray so that I can see the cooldown timers.

It would be nice if the cooldown timer time remaining appeared in the fast travel dropdown so you know how long to wait or if picking another option is worth it.

I think that would take some serious tweaking to the way popmenus work. It would be nice though!

Please let us remove the locked zones from the zone list of LRT

Since you already have the list of zones in that popmenu, the locked zones are totally redundant and annoying.  On most characters I would not unlock some of those less useful zones anyway

Edited by Chaos Ex Machina
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chaos Ex Machina said:

Please let us remove the locked zones from the zone list of LRT

Since you already have the list of zones in that popmenu, the locked zones are totally redundant and annoying.  On most characters I would not unlock some of those less useful zones anyway

Would be nice if there was  an option, somehow.