Patch Notes for December 1st, 2020 - Winter Event!

Jimmy

2 hours ago, Chaos Ex Machina said:

Please let us remove the locked zones from the zone list of LRT

Since you already have the list of zones in that popmenu, the locked zones are totally redundant and annoying.  On most characters I would not unlock some of those less useful zones anyway

I agree the locked zones in the list don't look great and with the checklist it's unnecessary.

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

Oh, I see the confusion now, this change is only intended for Stalkers.

I see it was also changed for other ATs. That needs to get reverted.

Aha!  Yes, that makes sense, I forgot the Stalker version was different from the others and the patch notes didn't clarify.

Edited by Reiska

Global: @Reiska, both here and back on live.

I was Erika Shimomura and Nagare Yuki on Virtue during the Live era.

Now I play on Everlasting. 🙂

58 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

So, Luna's in the Winter Wonderland, too, but i can't sell her my Threads =(

Intentional, or oversight?

She's not there as a vendor, so...

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I like the LRT and find it useful. When I first add it to a character's tray I activate it to see what zones he can go to and then cancel. The Zone Checker seemed like a perfect reason to not have to do that but proved to be a real PITA for me. I have gotten in the habit of putting my travel powers in the right side of my upper tray and my trays sit on the right side of the screen. I like this set up and have used it for years. The Fast Travel Macro fits fine but the Zone Checker is almost unusable because all of the sub windows stack on top of each other. An option to hide locked destinations would be nice.

I have characters who will never visit the opposed factions zones' so my heroes (for example) don't need to see a list of villain zones. The macro doesn't have to repeat everything from the LRT or other TP options. It just has to be quick and easy to use.

1 minute ago, gromartwo said:

I have gotten in the habit of putting my travel powers in the right side of my upper tray and my trays sit on the right side of the screen. I like this set up and have used it for years. The Fast Travel Macro fits fine but the Zone Checker is almost unusable because all of the sub windows stack on top of each other.

I have this problem as well.  Works ok if you're interested only in the blueside zones, but if you're trying to move the mouse to red, gold, or shard, the blue submenu appears and covers up the other categories.

When did this Mario Brothers coin start getting stuck over contacts heads?

What tha? City of Heroes not "video game" enough?

Barrels to smash next?!

City of Heroes Screenshot 2020.12.02 - 01.27.13.57.png

Edited by UltraAlt
Adding visual showing "coin" to avoid confusion
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I agree the locked zones in the list don't look great and with the checklist it's unnecessary.

I like it as it allows you to be able to look and check before activating the power, so maybe the checklist>activate instead of directly going into the power with possibly not knowing what you have unlocked?

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

43 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I like it as it allows you to be able to look and check before activating the power, so maybe the checklist>activate instead of directly going into the power with possibly not knowing what you have unlocked?

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I like having the dropdown checklist, although I agree with others it doesn't work as well if you have the popmenu at the right edge of your monitor.

I'm saying having the list in the window that opens when you click the power itself include the locked zones doesn't look so good, in my opinion. If possible, an option to exclude locked zones from the LRT window would be nice (though I understand this might be too much extra work).

• City Council
3 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

When did this Mario Brothers coin start getting stuck over contacts heads?

What tha? City of Heroes not "video game" enough?

Barrels to smash next?!

Those were added on September 13th 2011. https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Patch_Notes/2011-09-13#Contact_Icons

The yellow state ("has mission available") was bugged because it expected the player to have access to the Paragon Store, which obviously no longer exists. Remnants of the Paragon Store were removed in i27 and that caused them to start displaying over contacts' heads again.

They can be disabled from Menu > Options > General > Miscellanous > Hide Contact Icons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• City Council
37 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I'm saying having the list in the window that opens when you click the power itself include the locked zones doesn't look so good, in my opinion. If possible, an option to exclude locked zones from the LRT window would be nice (though I understand this might be too much extra work).

That is intended to be added as a Null the Gull option once we're back from break.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am having a harder time looking at that screen with the button bars along the perimeter. 😛 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Maybe an ideal solution would be not to include all that info in the LRT OR Fast Travel Menu, but instead a separate macro just for tracking zone unlocks that you could remove from your tray when you have all the zones you need for that char. Similar to this but with whatever fancy code you guys used on the Fast Travel version(I'd still love to have that code!).. 

unknown.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Freakenstein said:

Maybe an ideal solution would be not to include all that info in the LRT OR Fast Travel Menu, but instead a separate macro just for tracking zone unlocks that you could remove from your tray when you have all the zones you need for that char. Similar to this but with whatever fancy code you guys used on the Fast Travel version(I'd still love to have that code!).. 

unknown.png

I love this idea.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the devs for everything you've done, between Issue 27, Page 1, and getting the Winter Event rolled out! You had quite the busy October/November!

I wasn't here last year for the Winter Event, so this is my first time doing stuff like Baby New Year, Lady Winter, Lord Winter, etc, since 2011. The game's been back a year and a half now, so I would have thought that "first time back" nostalgia was long gone, but I actually got a huge wave of feels doing all these fun things again.

Now to go open presents!

• Like 1

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

12 minutes ago, Safehouse said:

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the devs for everything you've done, between Issue 27, Page 1, and getting the Winter Event rolled out! You had quite the busy October/November!

I wasn't here last year for the Winter Event, so this is my first time doing stuff like Baby New Year, Lady Winter, Lord Winter, etc, since 2011. The game's been back a year and a half now, so I would have thought that "first time back" nostalgia was long gone, but I actually got a huge wave of feels doing all these fun things again.

Now to go open presents!

Isn't it great to be back home again?

• Like 3

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

8 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Isn't it great to be back home again?

still can't get over it. Love those moments of "wait, I'm playing my favorite game again" that still happen at least once a play session.

• Like 4

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

I’m not certain if it was brought up, or not, but the newly customizable inherent powers don’t appear to share the same color pallet as the other power sets.  I believe that the auras also don’t share the same pallet as the primary and secondary power sets.  I believe that both inherents and auras share the costume pallet.  It’s not major by any means but I thought I’d mention it since some of pallets we’re just adjusted.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I love this idea.

unknown.png

WOW!!! I would love this.  

I agree thank you Devs for i27 and now winter event.  It is FANTASTIC to not only be home, but see the story of COH continue.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

• City Council
1 minute ago, CFIndustries said:

Any chance the Winter Forest could remain on Tunnel in some "de-Christmased" version year-round?

I like having my winter-based alts hang out here. It's quite a lovely little mini-map.

I'd go a step further and love if there was a base teleport beacon to get there. 🙂

Null the Gull can send you there all year, and there's a permanent entrance to it under the Ski Chalet 🙂

6 hours ago, Freakenstein said:

unknown.png

We actually don't want it in Fast Travel at all in the long run, this was more of a temporary fix to let you see where you can go without burning the cooldown. There's some player-made options if you just want a badge checking popmenu!

• Like 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

8 minutes ago, CFIndustries said:

Any chance the Winter Forest could remain on Tunnel in some "de-Christmased" version year-round?

I like having my winter-based alts hang out here. It's quite a lovely little mini-map.

I'd go a step further and love if there was a base teleport beacon to get there. 🙂

Aside from the entrance in Pocket D (outside the ski chalet by the latrines, unmarked though), there are actually three other zones in addition to the winter event zone that Null the Gull can send you to, including; Luau in Talos Island, Harvest Festical in Atlas Park, and Spooky Halloween in Atlas Park.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 12/1/2020 at 7:45 AM, Jimmy said:

Energy Melee

• Power Crash:

• End cost for this power was set too low, increased from 9.36 to 15.184

• Stalker version was not doing Crit from hide, this has been fixed

• Stalker > Energy Punch: Crit damage was hitting for too little damage. This has been fixed

Sorry for reinstating but I didn't see an acknowledgement for this issue so I'll rephrase in my own words what was observed.

I understand this change was for Stalkers since the recharge for Power Crash is 16s instead of 9 for all other ATs. This means Stalkers's Power Crash per the design formulas should cost 15.184 endurance ideed.

Howerver the change was applied to all AT's meaning that for Scrappers, Brutes and Tankers which have 9s recharge for Power Crash, the cost is also 15.184 instead of 9.36 which breaks the design formulas so it suggests this was not intended.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 7:45 AM, Jimmy said:

Travel Powers should no longer generate a flashing buff icon

• Note: Athletic Run was missed in this first fix, will be in the next patch

Is it just me, or does it seem that Athletic run is slower than ninja and beast running?

The Jump seems to be as high, but running seems slower.

Maybe seeing the animation just make my mind think it is slower.