Patch Notes for December 1st, 2020 - Winter Event!

Jimmy

13 hours ago, Faultline said:

They can be disabled from Menu > Options > General > Miscellanous > Hide Contact Icons.

Thanks!

So weird that these started to show up all of a sudden.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

16 hours ago, gromartwo said:

The Fast Travel Macro fits fine but the Zone Checker is almost unusable because all of the sub windows stack on top of each other. An option to hide locked destinations would be nice.

The trick to best using cascading Popmenu entries is to invoke the Popmenu by keypress while hovering the mouse pointer to the upper left of your screen.  That way there's plenty of screen space to see all the menus.

Default keybinds ALT+1 to ALT+0 invoke the powers/macros in Tray 2, while CTRL+1 to CTRL+0 invoke those in Tray 3.

Here I put the stock Fast Travel in Tray 3 Slot 5.    So while the mouse was just about where the upper-left corner of the Fast Travel Menu is, I pressed CTRL+5.

20201202c.Everlasting.Jacke_Fireblade.Fast_Travel_popmenu.1.thumb.jpg.cd148ac4543f58a15e6d4c9c5e17ec29.jpg

I normally use my stock Powers Popmenu, which in my standard keybinds I invoke with P:

20201202d.Everlasting.Jacke_Fireblade.Powersl_popmenu.1.thumb.jpg.6fb8e411cd7a59ea91a0b86ebee30e6d.jpg

1 hour ago, elkhor said:

Howerver the change was applied to all AT's meaning that for Scrappers, Brutes and Tankers which have 9s recharge for Power Crash, the cost is also 15.184 instead of 9.36 which breaks the design formulas so it suggests this was not intended.

That change was a mistake. It will get fixed.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

5 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Is it just me, or does it seem that Athletic run is slower than ninja and beast running?

The Jump seems to be as high, but running seems slower.

Maybe seeing the animation just make my mind think it is slower.

No, it's not just you. I revoked Ninja Run to get Athletic run and saw that it seems no better than sprint. There has to be a bug...

Edited by Chuckers

Two bugs that I am seeing with this patch:

1) I can no longer get Day Job credit in Dark Astoria for "Cold Hand of Death".  I see the Dayjob icon when I am standing next to the base (for Monitor Duty), but when I move away it should change to "Cold Hand of Death".  I tried on several characters.  Both have the badge progress at 75-80% already, but it doesn't advance.

2) I cannot use "Base Teleporter" power in Ouroboros.  It activates, but I don't get a popup window asking to send to my base (or enter passcode).  The power icon stays with a red circle around it.  Normally, I hit this and then my EBFP macro button next to it to head to the ZONE-8888 base on Everlasting.  I can use LRT + EBFP Macro with no issue in Ouroboros.

7 minutes ago, GS4-Shield said:

Two bugs that I am seeing with this patch:

1) I can no longer get Day Job credit in Dark Astoria for "Cold Hand of Death".  I see the Dayjob icon when I am standing next to the base (for Monitor Duty), but when I move away it should change to "Cold Hand of Death".  I tried on several characters.  Both have the badge progress at 75-80% already, but it doesn't advance.

2) I cannot use "Base Teleporter" power in Ouroboros.  It activates, but I don't get a popup window asking to send to my base (or enter passcode).  The power icon stays with a red circle around it.  Normally, I hit this and then my EBFP macro button next to it to head to the ZONE-8888 base on Everlasting.  I can use LRT + EBFP Macro with no issue in Ouroboros.

Oddly, I can't recreate #2 now.  I get the Base popup window in Ouro both with the LRT popup menu as well as clicking the power direct.

Cold Hand of Death in DA is persistent, though: several characters and across reboots.

5 hours ago, Chuckers said:

No, it's not just you. I revoked Ninja Run to get Athletic run and saw that it seems no better than sprint. There has to be a bug...

Well, just made a new character and they are the same speed.

I guess the animation makes it look slower.

• Like 2

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

5 hours ago, GS4-Shield said:

Cold Hand of Death in DA is persistent, though: several characters and across reboots.

I noticed the same issue with the Dark Astoria Day Job status in the past day.  However, I've also determined that the status is irregular, seeing it come and go.

I have 2 toons on Everlasting getting what appears to be normal DA Day Job progress.  Apparently DA Day Job Status always appears to be assigned on login, so Day Job Badge progress doesn't appear to be affected.

@GS4-Shield, you should park your toons wanting "Cold Hand of Death" in Dark Astoria.

I've reported this bug here.

Edited by Jacke

Oddly, I can't recreate #2 now.  I get the Base popup window in Ouro both with the LRT popup menu as well as clicking the power direct.

GS4-Shield, are you sure the power was called "Base Teleporter"?  That was the name of the old Day Job Base teleport command.  I believe as part of the Issue 27 Page 1 changes, it should have been replaced with the new command, called "Monitor Duty Teleporter", with charges transferred from one to the other.  This may be why you can't recreate the issue.

The Prestige Base teleport command is called "Base Transporter".  I tested it in Ouroboros and it worked at that time for me.

20201203a.Base_Transporter.linkinfo.jpg.5698863579d86a43676dd648ae6dcefb.jpg

The Day Job Base teleport command is now called "Monitor Duty Teleporter".  I tested it in Ouroboros and it worked at that time for me.

20201203b.Monitor_Duty_Teleporter.linkinfo.jpg.9ab42ba694d3765a9d3d646f65e43aa5.jpg

The only way I can show information on the command "Base Teleporter" is with the command "/linkinfo Base Teleporter".  I believe replaced items like "Base Teleporter" are left behind in this manner so that old toons that still have them can be upgraded when they log in.

20201203c.Base_Teleporter.linkinfo.jpg.83a0efca829cd1133095f542180bef50.jpg

Edited by Jacke

9 hours ago, Jacke said:

GS4-Shield, are you sure the power was called "Base Teleporter"?  That was the name of the old Day Job Base teleport command.  I believe as part of the Issue 27 Page 1 changes, it should have been replaced with the new command, called "Monitor Duty Teleporter", with charges transferred from one to the other.  This may be why you can't recreate the issue.

The Prestige Base teleport command is called "Base Transporter".  I tested it in Ouroboros and it worked at that time for me.

Hi Jacke,

You are correct; I was not precise with which power I was using.  I was using the prestige power option: Base Transporter.

When it happened to me, it failed 3-4 times in short succession.  I never saw the pop-up window asking to Enter base or enter passcode.  I did see the red ring around the power.  Clicking the power repeated the animation, but I could not see the pop-up window to enter my base or another.  Nor did my EBFP macro work.  When I tried using Long Range Teleporter (via the popup menu), my EBFP macro then did work as expected.

I tested this a half dozen times since then and again a moment ago, and the problem hasn't reoccurred.  When it happened originally, it was immediately after a Hami Raid were many (dozens?) ported to Ouro simultaneously.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GS4-Shield said:

Hi Jacke,

You are correct; I was not precise with which power I was using.  I was using the prestige power option: Base Transporter.

When it happened to me, it failed 3-4 times in short succession.  I never saw the pop-up window asking to Enter base or enter passcode.  I did see the red ring around the power.  Clicking the power repeated the animation, but I could not see the pop-up window to enter my base or another.  Nor did my EBFP macro work.  When I tried using Long Range Teleporter (via the popup menu), my EBFP macro then did work as expected.

I tested this a half dozen times since then and again a moment ago, and the problem hasn't reoccurred.  When it happened originally, it was immediately after a Hami Raid were many (dozens?) ported to Ouro simultaneously.

Thanks for filling in that information, @GS4-Shield.  After reading what I wrote here, you should, to the best of your memory, write up the incident trying to be as clear as possible, with as many details around the incident (rough date and time, Shard (Everlasting), where you had just been, what you were doing, etc.), saying how you saw things as a City player.  Then make a new post in the Bug forum to pass that information on to the devs for use in the future to find what was the cause.

In a complex system like City of Heroes, many faceted servers and many many client programs over the Internet, especially with long established code, there are sometimes corner cases and race conditions that are rare that affect things when they shouldn't.  The best thing to do is to make notes at the time, recording the details, taking screenshots if it would help, then putting in a bug report giving that detail in the Bug Report forum.  The accumulation of information about these issues can help the developers take note of things they encounter as well as during the testing of new code and into beta testing.  Combined, it will lead to City being better.

The red ring indicates a special power called Second Chance.  It's used to fairly work around parts of the base City code not communicating.  What implements these travel powers can't tell if you just closed the popup window without selecting a destination.  So to make that cancel fair, the initial press of the travel power will invoke the special power Second Chance, which puts the cooldown of the travel power on hold and starts a timer.  So after closing the window without zoning, you can hit the power again, which will open the window again but not affect Second Chance.  Whenever you next zone, whether by using a destination in the travel power or any other way, Second Chance detects that, puts the original power on cooldown less the time already past, then goes away.  If the cooldown time of the power passes without you zoning, Second Chance goes away.

What may have happened during your session is after the people zoned into Ouroboros (were you one of them?), somehow your toon was in a state that the invocation of Base Transporter didn't produce the popup window nor otherwise enable /ebfp, but it did invoke Second Chance on Base Transporter.  Using a second power, LRT, seems to have at least enabled /ebfp.  That sort of information, described in your own words, is what the devs are looking for to keep improving City.

Edited by Jacke

18 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Well, just made a new character and they are the same speed.

I guess the animation makes it look slower.

No need to guess; the Combat Attributes window can monitor running speed. FWIW, they look the same to me.

Anime running always looks faster!

• Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

11 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

No need to guess; the Combat Attributes window can monitor running speed. FWIW, they look the same to me.

Anime running always looks faster!

Didn't guess, Doc.

After the original post, I created a new character,  pulled out the combat attribute window for run speed, and clocked them ... and then immediately closed out the combat attribute window. You know I hate using that thing.

Last time I used it we were clocking afterburner (flight pool) speed. That was months ago ... I don't think it was last year... hard to tell...

On 12/2/2020 at 10:22 PM, GS4-Shield said:

I cannot use "Base Teleporter" power in Ouroboros. 

Ouroboros is out-of-sync with the normal time stream/line.

The Base teleports can't help you travel through time.

Can we get a little decoration or an exit sign inside the ski chalet? I was in there looking around last month and spent, what felt like an hour, a lot of time looking for the exit but not seeing it because it blends in very well. 

I was almost at the point of logging in my farm account, starting a team and standing at the door. I couldn’t find it and was getting frustrated falling off the side when I wouldn’t land a jump right. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2020 at 1:50 PM, Jacke said:

The trick to best using cascading Popmenu entries is to invoke the Popmenu by keypress while hovering the mouse pointer to the upper left of your screen.  That way there's plenty of screen space to see all the menus.

Default keybinds ALT+1 to ALT+0 invoke the powers/macros in Tray 2, while CTRL+1 to CTRL+0 invoke those in Tray 3.

Here I put the stock Fast Travel in Tray 3 Slot 5.    So while the mouse was just about where the upper-left corner of the Fast Travel Menu is, I pressed CTRL+5.

20201202c.Everlasting.Jacke_Fireblade.Fast_Travel_popmenu.1.thumb.jpg.cd148ac4543f58a15e6d4c9c5e17ec29.jpg

I normally use my stock Powers Popmenu, which in my standard keybinds I invoke with P:

20201202d.Everlasting.Jacke_Fireblade.Powersl_popmenu.1.thumb.jpg.6fb8e411cd7a59ea91a0b86ebee30e6d.jpg

Can you share it?

On 12/5/2020 at 12:58 AM, Chaos Ex Machina said:

Can you share it?

The default Popmenu Fast Travel (in your Trays' Powers popup under Accolades on the right) has a cascading menu that shows which zones have been unlocked for Long Range Teleport.

• 2 weeks later
On 12/6/2020 at 9:33 PM, Chaos Ex Machina said:

I mean your stock menu

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, @Chaos Ex Machina, I was in the middle of a major project.  What you're after is my Commands Popmenu.  Just follow the middle link in my signature to find its topic and the file to download.

• 3 weeks later
On 12/1/2020 at 12:45 PM, Jimmy said:

Kinetics > Transfusion: This power should now heal even if the target dies shortly after the animation starts

Transference still doesn't recover endurance if the target dies shortly after the animation. Is this the same kind of bug?

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 11:24 AM, Faultline said:

Badges that award on login are always silent because they award before the client is done loading the character, so the client never saw the reward floater. If you had been online when the Winter Event script was turned on, you would have seen a notification.

Put another way; it'd be like seeing a pop-up alerting you to an update to your operating system (one of the Linux distributions (their name is Legion!) or micro$haft winblow$) just after the POST, before the OS loaded.

P.S. Nice profile picture, Faultline!  Reminds me of one of my older pictures (https://cyberwolfman.com/grokwlk2.jpg)!  LOL

Excelsior shard TP hub with sorted zones and NPCs for your use: /macroimage archetypeicon_peacebringer SG_TP_RaDiCaL_(Tech_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode RADICAL-7910

Torchbearer shard TP hub with sorted zones and NPCs for your use:  /macroimage originicon_magic SG_TP_AllOurBase_(Arcane_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode ALLOURBASE-7287

Reunion shard TP hub with sorted zones and NPCs for your use:  /macroimage originicon_magic SG_TP_Introverts_(Arcane_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode INTROVERTS-3357

Everlasting (the unofficial RP shard, and, yes, the base is MEANT to be a little 'over-the-top' LOL) TP hub with sorted zones and NPCs for your use:  /macroimage originicon_magic SG_TP_SHADOWS_(Arcane_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode SHADOWS-10030

Indomitable shard with NPCs right at the entrance and the teleports just down the hallway and to the left (follow the arrows):  /macroimage archetypeicon_peacebringer SG_TP_ToTaLLY_RaD_(Tech_Theme) enter_base_from_passcode RAD-5896