500 merits in 25 packs

Ukase

So, I was able to open 24 and 2/5 of a pack before the server shut down on me. Would've finished, but I took some notes on the things that were important to me. 

540 Brain Storm Ideas (27 rares)
28 Winter-Os

120 candy canes

7 converters

3 boosters

500 reward merits

2 catalysts

3 winter wards/frost bite

7 experienced

and a lot of trash like team insps, winter beasts, respecs, tailor tokens. What am I gonna do with 400+ free tailor sessions? I hardly see the tailor after character creation. Wish I could sell 'em or give 'em away. 

I have no idea how many more packs I'll buy. I love the stuff that's in them - but I tend to use them, not sell them, so I don't often profit. It's more of how much I will save, then how much I'll profit. Hard to gauge how much I'll save, too, because prices are gonna drop on most things. (I think)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

@Ukaseby any chance did you track the number for sale before the event started?

I surely planned to - but my internet went down last night early evening, and didn't come back until after the event started.  "A cable was cut; we hope to resume service within 24 hours". 

I usually have pretty questionable luck with Winter packs, but the set I cracked open this morning were pretty generous. 45 packs in total have resulted in 55 Winter O's, which is what I was really after. That'll give me a nice little stash for both the current brute project and some future tinkering.

Otherwise? A few hundred Brainstorms, 300 Merits, 145 Candycanes, 3 Catalysts, 2 Respec tokens, a few Converters and Boosters, a bunch of junk Inspies and a handful of temp powers.

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

6 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Am I wrong in thinking that you can make the most profit from just buying these packs for 10 million and waiting for the event to end, then selling for 25 million (or less if you have no patience)?

Perhaps. There will probably be plenty of people just flipping the packs so you’d have to price appropriately. 

Also, the demand for the packs themselves may be low for quite a while after the sale until the surplus of WOs goes down since that is a big reason to buy the packs in the first place. 

• Like 1

I'm buying the packs to keep the items, doubt I will sell anything.  I was buying 10 to 20 packs per character, but didn't think to document the drops.  For my last 2 characters I bought 10 packs and 4 for 14 total.

Results:

I didn't do rarity or anything, just total drops.

Pack Item Pack Drops
Brainstorm 12
Candy Canes 9
Catalyst 1
Converter 3
Inspiration 17
IO 15
Merits 3
Respec 1
Tailor 2
Temp 1
Unslotter 3
Windfall 2
XP 1
Grand Total 70

As data point, here are the results of 200 Winter Lord packs opened.

Brain Storm Ideas 3800
 Reward Merits 2025
 Candy Canes 760
 Enhancement Unslotter 174
 Enhancement Converter 162
 Snow Beast 64
 Avalanche 59
 Blistering Cold 50
 Enhancement Booster 50
 Winter's Bite 47
 Experienced 46
 Frozen Blast 44
 Entomb 32
 Enhancement Catalyst 25
 Free Tailor Session 14
 Precise Imbuement 14
 Insight Imbuement 13
 Protecting Imbuement 12
 Rugged Imbuement 12
 Endurance Imbuement 10
 Greater Health Imbuement 10
 Good Luck Imbuement 10
 Frosty Aegis 9
 Protected 9
 Frost Bite 9
 Character Respec 9
 Keen Insight Imbuement 9
 Winter Ward 8
 Tactical 8
 Rejuvenate 8
 Windfall 7
 Tactical Imbuement 7
 Health Imbuement 7
 Guarded 7
 Luck Imbuement 7
 Greater Endurance Imbuement 6
 Rejuvenating Imbuement 6
 Protection Imbuement 5
 Focused Rage Imbuement 5
 Invigorating Imbuement 5
 Precise 4
 Rage Imbuement 4
 Greater Protection Imbuement 4
 Sturdy Imbuement 3
 Invigorate 3
 Guarding Imbuement 3

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Am I wrong in thinking that you can make the most profit from just buying these packs for 10 million and waiting for the event to end, then selling for 25 million (or less if you have no patience)?

I think the most profit you can make is to buy the packs now, then unpack them when the event is over and try to sell the contents for 30-35mm, net.  Reselling the packs post-event is also good, and assuming that you price appropriately and make sales at 25mm, you'll get 22.5mm net for a lot less effort.

Last year, I really expected a huge race to the bottom.  It was so obvious how a 60% sale on significant size was profitable that I assumed *everyone* would do the same thing.  I was actually looking forward to seeing what happened to Winter Packs in the aftermarket.  But nope, day after the event ended, people started paying 25mm again and it felt like I was the only one with any supply.  So I held onto them and gradually liquidated.

This year, I think people are smarter and there is an order of magnitude or two more of disposable inf, so I'm hoping we see a different type of post-event equilibrium.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

• City Council
5 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Ok, for posterity's sake as of right now there are 9,983,800 for sale.  1 December 2020 1:45PM EST.

We seeded exactly 10 million when the price changed, so that was the value when the shards went up.

I suppose that doesn’t factor in any that players had listed already, but I can’t imagine it being that many.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

We seeded exactly 10 million when the price changed, so that was the value when the shards went up.

I suppose that doesn’t factor in any that players had listed already, but I can’t imagine it being that many.

I am soothed by that knowledge, thank you.

Who run Bartertown?

6 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

Perhaps. There will probably be plenty of people just flipping the packs so you’d have to price appropriately. 

Also, the demand for the packs themselves may be low for quite a while after the sale until the surplus of WOs goes down since that is a big reason to buy the packs in the first place. 

Last year, the price of winter-o's went back up to its pre-winter-event value pretty quickly. I wanna say it was only a few days.

Also for those interested, a data point from last year, when I documented 61 packs (enhancements are all lumped together here but my raw data has the specific ones):

Brain Storm Idea		1240
Build Snow Beast 		30
Candy Cane 			210
Character Respec 		3
Dual Inspiration 		14
Enhancement 			65
Enhancement Booster		13
Enhancement Catalyst 		11
Enhancement Converter 		66
Enhancement Unslotter 		38
Experienced 			18
Free Tailor Session 		5
Frost Bite 			5
Reward Merit 			600
Team Inspiration 		38
Windfall 			2
Winter Ward 			4

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

735 packs: (had to stop. Takes quite some time, especially when you're keeping track) I didn't bother tracking inspirations.)
14080 Brain Storm
7175 Merits
2830 Candy Canes

245 Snow Beast

312 Boosters (Frost bite, Aegis, etc)

93 Catalysts

1323 Converters

542 Unslotters

907 Winter IOs

• City Council
5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

These are great numbers for data points. I'm excited to see if there is a formula to these packs. I think once we see a thousand or more packs' results we can begin to extrapolate. 

Or you could just ask...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Faultline said:

Or you could just ask...

May I please have all the formulas? Really...anything you got 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• City Council
  • The first two cards are always common.
  • The third card is 1/5 common, 4/5 uncommon
  • The fourth card is 1/5 uncommon, 4/5 rare.
  • The fifth card is 1/5 rare, 4/5 very rare
  • Only Rares and Very Rares drop Enhancements, and the weights are set to the same regardless of pack.
    • Rare: 78/112 are enhancements
    • Very Rare: 78/122 are enhancements
    • For the Heroes & Villains / Rogues & Vigilantes pack, every enhancement is weight 1 always, equal chance to drop regardless of card rarity.
    • For the Winter pack, because there's a lot less enhancements, they have higher weights and change by rarity:
      • Rare: Avalanche, Frozen Blast, Winter Bite have weight 3; Blistering Cold, Entomb have weight 2.
      • Very Rare: Avalanche, Blistering Cold, Entomb have weight 3; Frozen Blast, Winter's Bite have weight 2.
      • Yes, this means Avalanche is the more likely to drop. Can't be helped without adding another set to even the odds.
  • Non-enhancement drops are tuned to hit specific targets over large pack openings; for example, Reward Merits are weighted 6/59 in commons (25 merits), 1/34 in uncommons (50 merits), 1/54 in rares (75 merits) and 1/58 in very rares (100 merits) to get it as close as possible to 10 merits per pack; the exact rate is 9.83 per pack.
  • Full breakdown of all drops in the next post.
  • Bopper posted a nicer breakdown here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/24719-psa-super-packs-probability-of-drops/
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• City Council
  • Common cards by weight:
    • Inspiration: 26 (1 for each card)
    • 20 Brain Storm Ideas: 6
    • 25 Reward Merits: 6
    • Free Tailor Session: 1
    • Experienced: 4
    • Enhancement Converter: 6 (H&V/R&V) 3 (LOW)
    • Enhancement Unslotter: 6 (H&V/R&V) 3 (LOW)
    • 5 Candy Canes: 6 (LOW)
    • Restore: 2 (H&V/R&V)
    • Revival: 2 (H&V/R&V)
    • Build Snow Beast: 4 (LOW)
  • Uncommon cards by weight:
    • 40 Brain Storm Ideas: 8
    • 50 Reward Merits: 1
    • Free Tailor session: 1
    • Experienced: 2
    • 5 Enhancement Converter: 8 (H&V/R&V) 4 (LOW)
    • 5 Enhancement Unslotter: 8 (H&V/R&V) 4 (LOW)
    • 10 Candy Canes: 8 (LOW)
    • Restore: 3 (H&V/R&V)
    • Revival: 3 (H&V/R&V)
    • Build Snow Beast: 6 (LOW)
  • Rare cards by weight:
    • Enhancements: 78 (see previous post)
    • 60 Brain Storm Ideas: 5
    • 75 Reward Merits: 2
    • Enhancement Booster: 8
    • Enhancement Catalyst: 4
    • Character Respec: 2
    • Windfall: 3
    • Defense Amplifier (H&V/R&V) / Frosty Aegis (LOW): 2
    • Offense Amplifier (H&V/R&V) / Frost Bite (LOW): 2
    • Survival Amplifier (H&V/R&V) / Winter Ward (LOW): 2
  • Very rare cards by weight:
    • Enhancements: 78 (see previous post)
    • 80 Brain Storm Ideas: 6
    • 100 Reward Merits: 2
    • 3 Enhancement Booster: 8
    • 3 Enhancement Catalyst: 6
    • Character Respec: 2
    • Defense Amplifier (H&V/R&V) / Frosty Aegis (LOW): 4
    • Offense Amplifier (H&V/R&V) / Frost Bite (LOW): 4
    • Survival Amplifier (H&V/R&V) / Winter Ward (LOW): 4
  • Experienced exists in all rarities because originally it was 25% XP booster (uncommon), 50% XP booster (rare) and Double XP Booster (very rare) but because HC made those free in P2W they were replaced with Experienced at the same drop rate.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

50 packs:

65 Winter IOs

275 reward merits

It feels like 1.2 IOs is the average as if I open 5 packs 2 will be doubles, 2 will be singles and one has none.

I got 25 rewards merits in my first 20 packs (total) but had 33 Winter IOs

In my next 30 I got 32 IOs and 250 reward merits

Catalysts are like nails on a chalkboard to me. I rotate level 50 alts so I always have more that I can use. 

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.