Troo

Received Card: Snow Beast, Common, x1
Received Card: Reward Merits, Common, x25
Received Card: Experienced, Common, x1
Received Card: Candy Canes, Uncommon, x10
Received Card: Experienced, Very Rare, x1

I think i'm gonna be sick..

lol

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Looks like you had bad luck. I spent 300M on super packs today (30 packs). Got 36 enhancements, 350 reward merits, and a bunch of other random stuff I didnt count. Pretty nice haul.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

When friends ask me about winter packs and super packs, I make sure they know that any one pack may be trash, given the amount spent, and they were designed to be an inf sink. 
It's my opinion that you want to buy 20-100 at a time, let the law of averages work for you, rather than against you. 

At least it was on sale, and you can get half your inf back just by using the merits and getting converters and selling them for 70k a pop. Also - think carefully about the Experienced. It's like patrol XP, so it essentially is 2xp while you get inf. Looking for a faster vet level? Use that - and consider how much inf you make in those 10 bars of xp at level 50. You can add that to the value of the pack...kind of. In other words, it's not a great pack, but it's not like you got 3 "cards" of inspirations, 3 boosters and a windfall (that pretty much do next to nothing). 

13 hours ago, Troo said:

Received Card: Snow Beast, Common, x1
Received Card: Reward Merits, Common, x25
Received Card: Experienced, Common, x1
Received Card: Candy Canes, Uncommon, x10
Received Card: Experienced, Very Rare, x1

I think i'm gonna be sick..

lol

I think the vrare experienced is multiple experienced charges. 25 merits is half a winter pack. Canes can be converted to inf as enhs or whatever. So really, you aren't out that much,

4 hours ago, Hew said:

I think the vrare experienced is multiple experienced charges. 25 merits is half a winter pack. Canes can be converted to inf as enhs or whatever. So really, you aren't out that much,

Nah, Experienced is 1 charge at every level of rarity. It's really annoying.

• Sad 1

Yep candy canes and an experienced charge are pretty close to the worst outcome.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

16 hours ago, Troo said:

Yep candy canes and an experienced charge are pretty close to the worst outcome.

I really like the experience power.  It helps in that grind in the mid-40s and when you are trying to get to the next vet level where you earn 20 EMs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lockpick said:

I really like the experience power.  It helps in that grind in the mid-40s and when you are trying to get to the next vet level where you earn 20 EMs.

I agree.  I usually start using it around 45 depending how many charges I have.  It makes a big difference.  I've never considered using it for  veteran levels, although I can see the appeal.  I still will probably save the charges for characters not yet 50 though.

So...here's a few comments/suggestions for dealing with the more ...undesired items in the packs. 

Candy Canes. I got a bunch of these and used them to purchase badges for my badge characters. But what to do with the rest of them? A few things. Sure, you could just sell them on the AH for a few inf. Or, you could buy the winter gift recipes, craft and convert to Blessing of the Zephyr KB protection that sell for about 2M. 
Or, you can buy FrostBite, which gives a boost to your dps for an hour. I know a lot of folks who speed run will use these. Every bit helps. We use them on RHW runs, too. 
The Frosty Aegis, while certainly not desired if you get a slew of them in packs - they are an excellent way to boost defense for challenging content. You have it - you may as well use it without spending Canes on them - but if you don't, it is a use for them. 

Amplifiers - with all the new sonic blasters running around - why not give them some status protection with the defense amplifiers you got from the packs? The p2w has these, so I often buy 8 hours worth at level 1, because they're cheap at that level. But when you get to 50, the amps are worth 2.5m per hour. You may not be able to recoup your investment, but you can save inf by using them from your email instead of seeing p2w. 

Experienced - I already mentioned these in my previous post. 

Tailor tokens - can't trade them, so for me - this is the true trash of the lot. I detest the tailor. As many zillion options there are, there often are still not enough. And my graphics card never seems to do them justice anyway, even at max settings. But, if it's free....go nuts. I won't tell. 

Respecs - Another trash item because they're not recipes, they're just stashed in your Email. I've never had to use one, but I think maybe across all 100+ characters I might have done 4 respecs ever. But, it gives you the luxury of immediately posting any respec recipe you get for a fair price without worry. 

Snow Beast - yeah, I have a ton of these. I try to use them with my lowbies. But, I've used them in MSRs before, too. My tanks love them because they add to DPS. My squishies like them because they take aggro that I won't get. 
I have even used them in Recluse's Victory as a villain trying to solo Positron. (before the latest patch) 

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

Snow Beast - yeah, I have a ton of these. I try to use them with my lowbies. But, I've used them in MSRs before, too. My tanks love them because they add to DPS. My squishies like them because they take aggro that I won't get.

I went to help someone fight Chernobog. They got a secon dperson to help too. A tank. WHo asked us to wait while he finished summoning.

He had something like 30 snow beasts....

Bit of a waste for Chernobog, but amusing? Absolutely.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

39 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I went to help someone fight Chernobog. They got a secon dperson to help too. A tank. WHo asked us to wait while he finished summoning.

He had something like 30 snow beasts....

Bit of a waste for Chernobog, but amusing? Absolutely.

Can you have more than one active at the same time????  It never occurred to me you could have more than one out

49 minutes ago, wolfshadow31 said:

Can you have more than one active at the same time????  It never occurred to me you could have more than one out

Yep. He had a horde of them.

Edit: Found a screenshot. Not all of them had gotten in at that point...

screenshot_201022-19-19-06.jpg

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

So...here's a few comments/suggestions for dealing with the more ...undesired items in the packs. 

Candy Canes. I got a bunch of these and used them to purchase badges for my badge characters. But what to do with the rest of them? A few things. Sure, you could just sell them on the AH for a few inf. Or, you could buy the winter gift recipes, craft and convert to Blessing of the Zephyr KB protection that sell for about 2M. 
Or, you can buy FrostBite, which gives a boost to your dps for an hour. I know a lot of folks who speed run will use these. Every bit helps. We use them on RHW runs, too. 
The Frosty Aegis, while certainly not desired if you get a slew of them in packs - they are an excellent way to boost defense for challenging content. You have it - you may as well use it without spending Canes on them - but if you don't, it is a use for them.

I usually fund my lowbies with the candy canes.  I take the P2W power that gives 3 inspirations and sale one of the inspirations to the vendor and use that influence to sale the other 2 inspirations on the AH.  I then use that influence to sale 5 candy canes.  This will generally get me $55K influence, which is enough for thejet pack, reveal, and 8 hours of buffs from all 3 buffs.  Then use the jet pack to get the AP exploration badges for 5 merits, then start converting and marketeering.

• Like 2