The Classic Hero Challenge

ineffablebob

Outside chance I will be on in a bit, but.... 

On the upside, I busted some tail today in the am and made some serious progress. I realized I was moving crazy and just let my son play C0ld for ‘a bit’ and he seems to remember how to play.  Definitely ready for Synapse...

If I’m on, I’ll run it. My usual night is THU.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 1/3/2021 at 5:58 PM, Jacke said:

You really want to do Synapse when you're 20, not the least for having your Level 20 power in your build available.  Especially when playing Classic City of Heroes, running under the max level of a Signature Task Force like Synapse is challenging.

For the Signature Task Forces, the mobs will always spawn at the max level of the Task Force.  For Synapse, that's 20.  If you're under that and sidekicked by a Team Leader of 20 or higher, you'll be 19 and facing the mobs as if the notoriety were +1.  As we've discovered, Classic City of Heroes is more brutal.  That +1 may not be much for the full game now.  But that means Yellow or worse Minions, Orange or worse Lts, and Red or worse Bosses.

And Synapse is still DO level range.  Unless you've double-slotted DO Accuracy, using a power with an above-average chance to hit, or have a +ToHit power like Targeting Drone or someone running Tactics, you won't even be getting to 95% chance to hit against White-conning targets.  When we started the Old Positron Task Force, I think we were at +2 and it was brutal with many Hero defeats.  +1 throughout a whole Classic Task Force will be challenging.

Considering Synapse will be best run during the WST, there's another week to get to 20.

Oh, I'll be reminding everyone. 🙂

Fortitude --> +18% To Hit (not to mention the +defense and +damage ... well okay mentioning those too).  With no recharge enhancement or buffs that's 2 folks covered at any given moment. 🙂

On 1/3/2021 at 4:58 PM, Jacke said:

You really want to do Synapse when you're 20, not the least for having your Level 20 power in your build available. 

You mean *Stamina.*   🙂

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Look who we met this morning!

Early morning visit with the Doctor

... also, I think I spent all my pull luck on the earlier mission when I had the Vahz wasting disease. Almost the entire thing, snipe, just get one, snipe, just get one...

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

Also yay Stamina! ... Pseudostamina... whatever it is, Therra has it.

Which is good, since she now has a mission to find... how many was it, 1200 Rage labs?

Edited by Greycat

After taking a break, I decided to create a new character for the challenge. Meet Shadow Bomb, a Dark Miasma/Energy Blast Defender. I recently managed to get her to level 22 (and Stamina finally!!) and so far have had a mostly smooth ride. I somehow missed out on a couple of arcs, one of which was due to a bugged out contact, but other than that, I have managed to do the other story arcs leading into the 20-24 arcs.  

screenshot_210102-04-15-59.jpg

• Like 1

I'll be on this evening around 5:30 pm US-EST, if anyone's up for running some mishes.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Hey, Classicos! We are up and running! Come join Medic and Classic and El Crane-o!

image.png.fe7aa9782acc2029ee29934cc1a47f21.png

Gettin' our freak(s) on

Edited by cranebump

Hey, I hear Blizzard's coming out with an MMO. I wonder if it'll be any good. Think it's their warcraft thing. Wasn't that originally that cartoony RPG they canceled though?

>.>

• Haha 2

On 1/3/2021 at 1:58 PM, Jacke said:

Alty Cirque de Mirage Con Illusion-Storm-Psi VL11

I was LVL 50 😊

• Haha 1

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

On 1/3/2021 at 3:58 PM, Jacke said:

Issue 0 Task Forces

Monday to Sunday for first WST in 2021

10-15 Old Positron Task Force (Pillar of Ice and Flame L15-19) "The New Recruits"
		Needs Team Leader to be L16 to access TF

Jan 11 to 17	15-20 Synapse Task Force "The Fall of the Clockwork King"

20-25 Sister Psyche Task Force (Pillar of Ice and Flame L25-29) "Clamor and Destruction"
		Needs Team Leader to be L26 to access TF

Feb  8 to 14	25-30 Citadel Task Force "Citadel's Children"

Feb 22 to 28	30-35 Manticore Task Force "Following Countess Crey"

Mar  8 to 14	35-40 Numina Task Force "The Soul of the Woodsman"

So it looks like Synapse is almost upon us, what is a good night for everyone? I should be available pretty much every night next week except for Thursday. Also is Sister Psyche a WST too? We have plenty of over +25s too to do that.

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

2 hours ago, Jacke said:

"VL11" = "Veteran Level 11" 🙂

ohhh those new fangled levels... Just let me be 50. 😉 I thought you forgot the L in LVL 😄

Edited by Alty
  • Haha 1

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

2 minutes ago, Normal Thomas said:

So it looks like Synapse is almost upon us, what is a good night for everyone? I should be available pretty much every night next week except for Thursday. Also is Sister Psyche a WST too? We have plenty of over +25s too to do that.

I'm good most nights right now too.  My toon is 19 so I need to push to 20 for Synapse.  It's better to do TFs at the top of the range, especially when playing City Classic.

Only the TFs from the current TF contacts count as WSTs.  The two from the Pillar of Ice and Flame, the Old Positron TF and the Sister Psyche TF, aren't WSTs but do count toward the Task Force Commander Accolade.

5 minutes ago, Alty said:

ohhh those new fangled levels... Just let me be 50. 😉 I thought you forgot the L in LVL 😄

The first 99 or so Veteran Levels give you a lot of Incarnate loot to cut down on the iTrial grind. 🙂

Only one I'm saying "not available" for is Saturdays - evening's taken up with another SG then. (Tend to work to 6:30 central during the week, then eat, too....)

Friday (evening only) or Saturday (any time, if I know ahead of time). Sunday (morning/day only).

usually THU is my night, but not next week.