The Classic Hero Challenge

ineffablebob

9 hours ago, Scubadub said:

Went ahead and made a villain group by request.   "We Have Some Issues"  Basepass "CLASSIC-18706" 

Works for me. Think I'm gonna roll a ranged toon for this one. 

image.png.fbffa6cc12ebcf7771a7aef3e432cfce.png

Rerolled Plutoniman! Fire/Rad Corruptor

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 1/16/2021 at 6:17 AM, Jacke said:

Jacke Shadowclaw has only Super Jump.  And this isn't like another 'Boomtown' Badge, "Destined for Valhalla", where one can scramble up a conveniently wrecked and tilted skyscrapper (which wouldn't stay up in the real world but would just fall apart).

Sorry to butt in when I'm not running the challenge, but I couldn't help overhearing.

There is a conveniently tilted skyscraper nearby, which you can use to access a nearby building, which in turn will let you Super Jump tp the Towering Inferno badge. Head NNE from the entrance, following the busted-up monorail line until you see this building, at approximately 2273 x 4671.

image.png.76cb7688c11f78133dc59880a59f9948.png

Use the slant to get to the top of that and you'll see another convenient rooftop, almost due north.

image.png.8892390bf091f0f5bba2bf908c5281c6.png

Jump to that, and you should be able to SJ up to the lowest corner of the building with the Towering Inferno badge.

image.png.3cb0c140ea3210ad671fe6c524ccf0d6.png

Good luck!

• Like 1

So here's my crack at a classic villain. He's a fire/thermal corruptor:

236296042_Screenshot2021-01-2222_28_25.thumb.png.00c76b29714a03ce331e583222f7c8a7.png

Also are we gonna do Citadel this week?

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

I know I'm set for psyche. Have to look at where I am for Citadel. Very non productive, generally not conscious weekend.

Edit: Ah. Both at 24. Shoudl be able to get in range for either.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Cranie is lvl 33, if I remember right.

I wasn't online a great deal last week, either...

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Oh wait I thought Citadel was the WST but its not. Sister Psyche it is then! And I am good with Friday!

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

Joined with my new Ill/Rad Controller, Sythestesiatica yesterday! Soloed a bunch when I made her on Monday, but haven't had a chance to team up yet.  Looking forward to doing that some time in the next few days.

This has given me a new appreciation for street sweeping missions, actually.  I used to think they were kind of lazy filler design, but they actually forced me to explore and really engage with the main world in a way I have not in a long, long time.  It was actually kind of cool to go finding the bridge in King's Row where the Lost congregate and fight the skulls, or searching the rooftops for Circle rituals after running up a fire escape (and running into an exploration badge accidentally) or searching the back alleys for Vahzilok.  Perez Park too is a windy, twisted death trap, but is fun to work through.  Much care needed to be taken to pick apart the groups and clear the Perez park kill missions.

I had Jacke Shadowclaw on this week and got him to Level 26, so I'm good to run Sister Psyche tonight.  (Have to be 26 to get the mission in the Pillar of Ice and Flame.)

Citadel is WST from Feb 8 to 14, so that's 2 Monday's away.

And what is it with contacts for the Classic Badge missions (which must have been added at the same time as Badges, so not Issue 0) being coy about giving their Badge missions.  No, no, no, they want you to start their arc.  Which I always outlevel before finishing. 🙂

On 1/22/2021 at 1:55 PM, Soyuz said:

Sorry to butt in when I'm not running the challenge, but I couldn't help overhearing.

There is a conveniently tilted skyscraper nearby, which you can use to access a nearby building, which in turn will let you Super Jump tp the Towering Inferno badge. Head NNE from the entrance, following the busted-up monorail line until you see this building, at approximately 2273 x 4671.

image.png.76cb7688c11f78133dc59880a59f9948.png

Use the slant to get to the top of that and you'll see another convenient rooftop, almost due north.

image.png.8892390bf091f0f5bba2bf908c5281c6.png

Jump to that, and you should be able to SJ up to the lowest corner of the building with the Towering Inferno badge.

image.png.3cb0c140ea3210ad671fe6c524ccf0d6.png

Good luck!

Thanks for pointing that out, @Soyuz.  Back on Tuesday night, I gave your method a try.

Here I am at the base of the Towering Inferno looking to the NE at @Soyuz's tilted building.

20210127a.Jacke_Shadowclaw.1.screenshot_210127-10-00-53.thumb.jpg.d891f177f84dfc394fc8983cc22ec60b.jpg

Running up it to its top was easy.  The first time I tried a direct jump to the Badge building, but that fell short.  Here I am the second time, with the better target to the left, the biulding to the E of the Badge.

20210127a.Jacke_Shadowclaw.2.screenshot_210127-10-02-21.thumb.jpg.6a1b815de5058e4cd6576d6167603398.jpg

Which got me high enough.  Here looking W to the Badge.

20210127a.Jacke_Shadowclaw.3.screenshot_210127-10-03-13.thumb.jpg.36bed86aaf8a9e27ed51fcd76c4ad907.jpg

And success!

20210127a.Jacke_Shadowclaw.4.screenshot_210127-10-03-43.thumb.jpg.07d104431633cfc2eca3313053fe97b7.jpg

• Thanks 2

On early, and warming up! Here's Crane's attitude about tonight's run:

image.png.dfbe5636c59ca44716d7b300032630f8.png

This is either "bring it," or "ewwwww...see that bug on the ground there? Ewwwww...."

• Haha 1

If anyone has an SG invite, please send one to Plutoniman for Vill group.

Great SP run tonight!

Another great TF run tonight! First we hit the Council and Nemesis for a couple of missions, getting Sythestesiatica up to level 20. Then it was off to Ouro to talk to dead Sister Psyche through the magic of time travel, but first, had to show off a bit...

SPTeam.thumb.jpg.3305168a60117ee9055c35f82f39adbd.jpg

On the far left is @Ceejerfrom Repeat Offenders, and all the rest are classics. Most activity We Have No Issues has seen since the Synapse TF!

Sister Psyche really likes to send you after Freaks. A few Council, too. And lots of sonic bombs. Spent a lot of time all over Steel Canyon, Talos Island, King's Row, and Skyway City. In the end, we found Clamor:

Clamor.thumb.jpg.7fff3ec972f9cd3276890d9d0ada6d50.jpg

She's in that glowing pile of ass-kicking, really. Multiple Rads and Kins plus a couple scrappers to smack her around - didn't take long! All told the TF took just under 2 hours, and that's without really rushing - we could have gone quicker through a couple of the find-item-and-defeat-boss missions, but it was easier to just mow them down.

End.jpg.398b7ca2636e5d5538abb1a9a04ce312.jpg

Yes, ma'am, we are indeed the stuff of legend.

• Like 2

Great run tonight folks! I'm really glad we could get Sythestesiatica up to the proper level so she could join us! Here's everyone about to board the tram for our pre-TF mission sesh:1007186070_Screenshot2021-01-2919_10_04.thumb.png.768abcc21bf4747de7bee87eb44069f1.png

• Like 1

All on Everlasting

Definitely a fun time tonight, @ineffablebob!  Took my toon from Level 26 to Level 29.  Now all my Enhancements except one are red.  Total Magic SO drops: 1.  😞

And of course, with Classic Influence Income, there's no way I can reslot with all SOs with my income in the 20's Levels.  And if I use DOs on red SOs, that wastes them.  Did Accuracy, Jump, Endurance Modification, and some of the Endurance Reduction and Recharge Reduction.  Rest will have to wait until I get more Inf.

Like the Classic Mission arcs, Classic Task Forces do like to send the team all over Paragon City for their missions.  I stuck to proper Issue 0 transit too,  Wasn't too bad.  I am thinking it's going to be bad when we get to a Classic Numina's Task Force. 🙂

Here's a grainy shot of the Task Force with names showing just before we started. 🙂

20210130a.Jacke_Shadowclaw.1.Sister_Psyche_TF.1.screenshot_210130-01-26-55.jpg.1e30d868c38f47ab3a155823e262e424.jpg

And the moment we won!  Missed a single hostage on the way to Clamour, so it we had to work most of the way back to finish. 🙂

20210130a.Jacke_Shadowclaw.1.Sister_Psyche_TF.2.screenshot_210130-03-18-04.thumb.jpg.f4c73fc0af54bf5befc2ca210f185e6c.jpg

Edited by Jacke

There was quite a bit of interest in doing a classic villain (CoV release) team night. I was thinking we could run a low-level mayhem or two - good for temp powers before you get your travel power, and besides, mayhems are the best parts of villainy. 🙂 When are people free? I could do Tuesday, Wednesday, or go for Friday evening again.

Wow. seems like I've missed a lot. Been having some major repair done to my house so I rarely get to play lately... too tired or too busy. On top of that, my keyboard's gone wonky. Had to plug in an auxiliary keyboard (old and also wonky) and switch between the two for certain keys. Haha. Wonky keyboards have left my higher level toons unavailable right now as some of their smoother chains are keybound for extra smoovness. Guess I'll have to go back to clicking UI buttons.

We have a CoV version now? I hope I can  catch you guys. and shout out to @Soyuz. nice to find you here with these folks. Soyuz and I are also doing the Pool Powers Only challenge... which I'm also a delinquent. 😃

Ok. rolled these buggers for CoV:
Brute: Killwatt, Elec/Elec 

Dominator: Hypno-Sis, Mind/Psi

Edited by Six-Six

On 1/30/2021 at 9:03 PM, ineffablebob said:

There was quite a bit of interest in doing a classic villain (CoV release) team night. I was thinking we could run a low-level mayhem or two - good for temp powers before you get your travel power, and besides, mayhems are the best parts of villainy. 🙂 When are people free? I could do Tuesday, Wednesday, or go for Friday evening again.

Any of those nights should work for me!

All on Everlasting