The Classic Hero Challenge

ineffablebob

Looks like I will not be available Friday eve for TF runs.:-( Will be running some on THU night, if anyone's interested in teaming. Was thinking about some Redside action.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

6 hours ago, cranebump said:

Looks like I will not be available Friday eve for TF runs.:-( Will be running some on THU night, if anyone's interested in teaming. Was thinking about some Redside action.

If we have enough peeps we could do Tarikoss but I am definitely down for some missions.

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

17 hours ago, Normal Thomas said:

If we have enough peeps we could do Tarikoss but I am definitely down for some missions.

I'll be on sometime this afternoon, and should be available in the evening.  Not level 15 yet, as far as I recall, but not far from it, either (I don't think). 

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Only had 3 people tonight, so we just ran a couple missions and called it a night. Citadel can go clean out his own Council caves!

I'd like to run some classics next week. Should have time Monday (probably around 6-8 PM Eastern) and Tuesday (a bit later, probably 8 PM start).

And if someone wants to organize another TF, by all means go for it! Doesn't need to be the weekly, just one of the classic ones.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 6:54 PM, ineffablebob said:

Got a few missions in tonight with @Mysterious J - only 3 bars to go to 40! Might get that tomorrow night, if the real world doesn't conspire to keep me away from Paragon City.

Glad to hear it! I got Medic to lvl 40 soloing the rest of Colleen Nelson's arc. I had no idea references to the Imperious TF and Nictus/Warshade existed in I0 story arcs! After I hit 40 I switched over to do Ghost Widow's arc (then switched back right after) and then I did a nearly all Scrapper/Brute ITF.

Here's Medic with Lord Recluse.

809902716_Screenshot2021-02-1416_18_46.thumb.png.83610f541dfec4588e426ed0b9fe01c5.png

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

8 hours ago, Normal Thomas said:

Glad to hear it! I got Medic to lvl 40 soloing the rest of Colleen Nelson's arc. I had no idea references to the Imperious TF and Nictus/Warshade existed in I0 story arcs!

Congratulations! I'm still a little behind you, got distracted last night getting another character through the weekly Hess TF. It's likely I'll also be using that same arc for the final stretch to 40. Glad to hear that the classic challenge process gave you a chance to see some of the older content - those of us who have played since the beginning sometimes forget that not everyone has seen all the background.

When I played I never paid super close attention to the story so its nice to take the scenic route and see the precedent for future content and understand the lore better.

All on Everlasting

If I remember correctly, the only Hero Archetype you can get somewhat close to the original experience with is the Scrapper. Controllers, Defenders, Blasters, and Tankers have all had significant improvements to their Inherent power that made them all much more powerful, especially solo. Blasters and Defenders are basically off the table entirely since they've had such enormous buffs to the Ranged Blast sets (insant snipes, crashless nukes, DPA buffs for tier 1-2-3 blasts) and also all Blaster secondary sets (more controls, sustain powers, orders rearranged to make them better for leveling) on top of that. Controllers are a whole different animal with Containment and Overpower, they were nigh impossible to solo with in Issue 0, and Tankers have had their base damage increased by 20% on top of the massive increase to their AoE size with the new Gauntlet.

It's an interesting thought experiment, but honestly it sounds like torture to me. I do wish all the best to anyone who wants to give it a go, though.

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

Running Allison King's arc (Library of Souls). I hump it a mile, and find a door up here:

image.png.39afdec17d8d84d2b6ede583279dbc32.png

What the hey...?

Don't think I've ever even seen this door. Has a spiral staircase running up, but I SJ'ed it. Craziness!:-)

View from the water:

image.png.e7a07ec369332ecafdff314c02dff68f.png

Heading up stairs normal like for the lulz:

image.png.d911e835035236bc05dd9269f02e5023.png

Then the door itself, looking back across the bay:

image.png.fb95ade5f7f6d7cf82bc2f3fa4b6e76b.png

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 2

The Council are hiding the Shadow Seed and only Classic Hero can find it! And oh look, a big boss guard robot:

Bot.thumb.jpg.9db435edeabdae6bd5f72e0a35ef8496.jpg

Funny, he didn't look nearly as dangerous without any End. And that was enough to get her to level 40! Finished out the mission with some vampyr smiting for good measure:

Boss.thumb.jpg.9d05c0dcf9f5a4032a24a516c0337a74.jpg

It's been quite the journey to get out of that time eddy! But she made it.

If others want to organize events or time to team up for their own classic heroes, I'd be happy to join in!

• Thanks 1

I created a spreadsheet last week to keep track of which of my ‘current fave’ toons have finished whichever TF.  I don’t collect badges per se, but I do like the accolade related ones.

I was surprised that John E. Snow (formerly several names, C0ld Snap and Johnny Snow) had done Positron (OG variant), Synapse, and Yin (or the III equivalent).  As Manti is this Week’s SF he may squeeze that in.

If anyone is free on Friday I'd be down to run Manticore.

All on Everlasting

• 1 month later