The Classic Hero Challenge

ineffablebob

On 12/8/2020 at 5:29 AM, Snarky said:

Honestly there is no way to recreate it on this server.  I got here after CoV but before inherent fitness.  And there is the rub isnt it?  Because as a lover of lowbie Brutes for over a year I juggled and struggled to keep my End bar filled lol

Yeah, having to spec Fitness was pretty brutal. Not only did you have less Recovery, but you also had to take 1 pool and 3 powers (when you were already power starved!) to unlock it, and few wanted to wait later than 20. Travel Powers also had prerequisites. So 5 of your first 12 powers went just towards basic functionality.

Something I haven't seen anyone else mention, however, is Beginner's Luck. When the game launched, everyone had a base 75% to hit. So, at lvl1, with 2 attacks (3 if you were a Blaster) and with a 75% chance to hit? Yeah, just getting the Isolator badge was a bit of a slog.

Oh yeah, and the AT damage was lower too (lower mods, no AT powers like Containment, etc).

• Like 1

I've been follow this topic with interest.  I started with City in Issue 5 in 2005 (joined Repeat Offenders in 2006), so I saw a lot of these changes.  Thought about doing an Issue 0 toon meself....

Then reality dawned.  Here's my current standard binds and trays, part of my UI setup.

SHIFT+`         "powexectray 7 9"
SHIFT+TAB       "powexectray 8 9"
`               "powexectray 9 9"
TAB             "powexectray 10 9"
SHIFT+SPACE     "++up"
CTRL+SPACE      "++up$$++autorun"
BUTTON5         "+forward"
BUTTON4         "+backward"
W               "+left"
E               "+forward"
R               "+right"
D               "+backward"
SHIFT+E         "++autorun"
Q               "follow"
A               "targetenemynear$$follow"
S               "powexectray 9 3"
F               "powexectray 10 3"
Z               "powexec_abort"
X		"+down"
C               "+down"
V               "+ctm_invert"
T               "targetenemynear"
SHIFT+T         "targetenemynext"
Y               "interact"
G               "powexectoggleon Ninja Run$$powexectoggleon Sprint"
B               "powexectoggleoff Athletic Run$$powexectoggleoff Beast Run$$powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleon Combat Jumping"
U               "powexectoggleoff Athletic Run$$powexectoggleoff Beast Run$$powexectoggleoff Ninja Run$$powexectoggleoff Prestige Power Surge$$powexectoggleoff Sprint$$powexectoggleon Combat Jumping"
H               "powexectray 8 6"
J               "powexectray 9 6"
K               "powexectray 10 6"
L               "loc"
;               "show chat$$beginchat /tl "
'               "show chat$$beginchat /say [$name] "
N               "popmenu badgereporter"
P               "popmenu commands"
I               "popmenu inspire"
RALT            "nop"
RCTRL           "nop"
EQUALS          "nop"
ALT+EQUALS      "nop"
-               "nop"
ALT+-           "nop"
SYSRQ           "nop"
F9		say "$target, we meet again. ((TARGETED))"
F12             "screenshotui 0$$screenshot"
CTRL+F12        "screenshotui 1$$screenshot"
LSHIFT+LBUTTON  "powexecname Translocation$$powexecname Teleport$$powexecname Shadow Step$$powexecname Nictus Shadow Step"
LSHIFT+RBUTTON  "mouselook 1"

screenshot_201204-03-53-19a.jpg.81f66031c5d6c69408002b40fb60080b.jpg

On top of that, Toggle-Turn-On Macros for Stealth cloaks (+S) and Fighting shields (+F) bound with powexecslot to the S and F keys.  'Cause I use WERD for movement, giving me more keys around my movement keys.  G is a GO bind and B is BREAK and U is ULTIMATE BREAK.  H, J, and K bound to Tray 6 Slots 8 through 10.  Tab-Targetting Macros in Tray 9 too, although that I could revert by using a macro with just "targetenemynext".

Which begs the question, when did key remapping, Binds, Macros, powexecname, powexecslot, powexectoggleon, powexectoggleoff, targetenemynear, etc. show up in City?

This topic says a lot, but not them.

Issues here.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Issues

Oh, important note.  Can only run one Armor toggle at a time.

Issue 3: A Council of War

• Armor toggles are no longer mutally exclusive

Before I found that armor limitation, I was wondering what to play.  How could I approach what an Issue 0 toon would be like, because I ain't going back to WASD.  I'd figure out something.  So, what AT, what powersets, what build?

I remember what were the original 4 Scrapper Secondaries, Dark Armor, Invulnerability, Regeneration, and Super Reflexes, because I read an analysis article back in the day on the relative survival strengths of the 4 protection powersets.  Dark Armor was best because it had thick chunks of Defense, Resistance, and Healing.  Just tried to find that article last week and failed.  That was likely around Issue 6 or 7.

Then I decided to make a Claws Scrapper, probably Dark Armor.  Obviously I wasn't thinking about just running one Armor, nor that Dark Armor doesn't have knockback protection unless you go deep into the Leaping Pool for Arcobatics (what we did for builds back then) or used Hover (which worked because of a bug that was fixed).

Took a try at a build (and yup, I had a Hero Builder back around starting in City, made things a bit better) and then I came up against the thing that made me turn this down.

Power Pool Fitness.

Oh, Lord, do I remember the pain of that.  Even unslotted, it was 3 power picks out of 24 that were almost unavoidable.  I went without Stamina on my Rad/Rad Defender Jack Rad and used Accelerate Metabolism instead.  I remember when IOs came out.  I did a respec on my AR/Dev Blaster Jack Dark and got him so many +Rec buffs that I could cut down Fitness to just Swift (to speed up Hover 🙂 ).

Final story, no where near Issue 0, but it was about the Original Positron Task Force.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Old_Positron_Task_Force

After IOs released (Issue 9), when Jack Dark was level 15 or maybe 14,  I'd joined a PUG team on the old Positron Task Force (so before Issue 17, probably 10?).  I think we had 5 to start, but 2 dropped out soon.

Then just after starting the last mission, there was a team wipe and the last 2 players gave up.  There I was, alone, on a mission to clear a map (Protect the Substation).  Sure, no AV.  But I was on a mission set for 3 players with just my AR/Dev Blaster.  Give up and quit the Task Force...no way!

I remember a corridor on that map with two bays left and right with a pile of mobs in each.  Couldn't attack one without aggroing the other.

I died so many times.  But I was determined.  I kept going back to that damn mission and whittling down the mobs.

'Til I won.  And got a level 15 Celerity: Stealth recipe as the reward.  And I've gone the stealth route on all my toons since. 🙂

Edited by Jacke

Just dinged 16. Took Presence: Intimidate (which I won't use... not until the Time Eddy lets me at past level 40) to simulate taking Health. 

So, are we following the one Armour Toggle at a time rule? Also, is there a ruling on the AH, crafting, and selling recipes and drops? ATM, I'm ignoring all recipe drops since IOs supposedly haven't existed yet. I do sell salvage to fund my DO (and later SO) upgrades.

3 hours ago, Six Six said:

So, are we following the one Armour Toggle at a time rule? Also, is there a ruling on the AH, crafting, and selling recipes and drops? ATM, I'm ignoring all recipe drops since IOs supposedly haven't existed yet. I do sell salvage to fund my DO (and later SO) upgrades.

I'd totally forgotten about the armor toggle thing. Not an issue for my defender, but if I were running a melee character, I'd not worry about trying to recreate that. There's a lot of other changes - more dangerous minion attacks, for instance - that you can't avoid which makes running without defenses much harder than it was back then.

As for the IO system, I'm treating the whole thing as if it doesn't exist. No salvage or recipe selling, no Auction House usage at all. Influence shortage is a thing, as it was in 2004! Although even with only enhancement sales, I'm doing better on influence than I expected. Probably the low level DO/SO drops are worth more.

4 hours ago, Six Six said:

What about Reward Merits? can we sell those off as converters? or save them to buy an ATO or two from the ATM?

Not before 40! All the various rewards other than enhancements and inspirations were added after launch. Of course, they'll come in very handy after you break out at 40...

Sheesh...I've been selling off low level DO's. From here on out, I'll just hang on to them. Wasn't planning on any crafting at all so not doing jack with the Recipes either way. Maybe sell them, then email what I get to my account for other uses.

Doing this reminds me of when I signed on. I was lucky enough to have Pocket D transporter and Jump Pack from the get go (as part of a promotion). Didn't realize how much I depended on that early on till now.  

Also thinking about renaming Acrobattle to Cranebump, since I have zero toons named after my global (I deleted the one I made which, ironically, was MA/SR).  Costume update! (but I'll need to earn a slot...):-(

Feel like we need a home shard and an SG for teaming in Classic mode.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Classic Hero 2004 got her revenge on Mr Po and his crew, going back in there just prior to leveling and hitting 19 on the first couple of groups. Spent the level-up inspiration time hitting glowies, then once they faded finished off the Tsoo. Which was still tricky since that made them even level, but she managed it with judicious inspiration management and a lot of pulling - especially those annoying Yellow Ink Men.

TsooDown.jpg.d7323033ccc355f7fc6f27548620c11f.jpg

That led directly into the Rage Lab mission, which I'll do next time along with another Tsoo mission I had from another contact. With the level advantage it shouldn't be too bad, but I'm certainly looking forward to getting some variety in enemies! One more level to 20, and then the Freakshow and Sky Raiders should start making an appearance.

3 minutes ago, cranebump said:

Sheesh...I've been selling off low level DO's.

I've been doing that too...while of course there were no lowbie DOs at launch, there were training enhancements, so I'm just treating is as a straight replacement.

4 minutes ago, cranebump said:

Feel like we need a home shard and an SG for teaming in Classic mode.

Couple of us at least are on Everlasting already. As for an SG, I'm using the Iron Eagles, but I know not everyone wants to run deathless. Someone feel free to make one!

.... Really tempted to go ahead and set up that SG. And call it "We Have No Issues."

(In fact... did so. @Therra Arcson. Which brings up the question - SG bases were a later "thing." Do we want one FOR DOs, etc, to be stored, or run as "just a group?" )

Edited by Greycat
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 minutes ago, Greycat said:

.... Really tempted to go ahead and set up that SG. And call it "We Have No Issues."

HA! That's funny. I think that ought to be the SG motto though. That said, I'm not sure I have a good name to replace it: The Aught-4's, maybe?

Either way, you set it up, I'll join. Just announce the details and I'll be there!

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I created a character for the challenge as well, a DM/SR magic scrapper called The Shadow Crusher on Everlasting. So far, I have gotten her to level 10, with little issues, although I had a really close call with a +1 Hellion boss that nearly killed me (that Resurgence from the tutorial saved me from an embarrassing defeat), as well as the kill CoT mission in Perez Park (taking on a group of Hordeling Lashers and Life Mages without knockback protection was not a good idea).

I did notice, at least from going the magic route that the Hellion leader that I faced in one of Azuria's missions appeared in a mission that Genevieve Sanders gives you a few levels later as a boss. That was something that I never noticed before. I also noticed that both the Hellion boss, as well as the Skulls boss that you face during that level have their health restored midway through the fight, which threw me off big time. 

On 12/3/2020 at 5:11 PM, ineffablebob said:

I've been waxing nostalgic lately (a hazard of being old), and the idea popped into my head of playing a character like we did back at CoH launch. Your character has been trapped in a time eddy forcing them to live as if it's 2004. City of Heroes has just launched, you have 5 archetypes to choose from and a very limited choice of powersets, contacts are thin on the ground, and the level cap is 40! The goal is to get your character to 40 under the restrictions listed here, at which point you've broken free of the time eddy and can proceed normally.

Now obviously we can't do everything exactly as it was back then, but we can come close. Create a hero (no villains yet) using one of the original powersets. (See Knock's post below for the list!) Take nothing from P2W, don't use your origin power (i.e. Apprentice Charm for magic). Do the Outbreak tutorial, and talk only to your origin contact and those introduced directly by them. No scanners, no Twinshot or Shauna Stockwell, and most definitely no AE or Death From Below! Once you get a mission, you have to complete it - no autocomplete or abandon (unless you get something that shouldn't exist in 2004, like a Perez Park hunt before L7). And you can only have 3 missions, so get ready to do those street hunts to clear out space! Oh, and set your difficulty at +0/x1, with both solo bosses and AVs enabled. There were no downgrades to Lts or EBs back in the day!

Enhancements are a bit tougher given the recent changes, but I've settled on only placing an enhancement if I have 2 slots in the power, and then leaving one empty - approximating training enhancement level. No IOs, obviously. Once you hit 12, you can slot DOs as normal, and SOs at 22. For 35 and 40 SOs, you have to unlock the seller for your origin in Founder's Falls or Brickstown. For pool powers, they didn't open until level 6, and you had to take one of the first two powers before you could take the third (at L14). So you'll almost certainly want to take a power from the travel pool of your choice at 6 (i.e. Combat Jumping, Hasten) and then get the travel power at 14. Also, we have inherent Fitness which didn't exist back then, so run with Sprint always on to offset some of the endurance gain from Stamina. Take pool powers you never use (I'm using Presence powers) where you'd have taken Fitness before - probably at 8 for Swift/Hurdle, 16 for Health, and 20 for Stamina - and only slot those Fitness powers after those levels.

The city itself has changed a lot since 2004, too! Striga, Peregrine Island, Croatoa, the Hollows, the entire Rogue Isles - none of those exist. Faultline did exist, but it's changed so much that I recommend just not using it unless you're forced for a hunt mission - certainly don't take any contacts there. There are no PvP zones, so no going to Bloody Bay to get Shivans or Warburg for nukes! Getting around is more difficult - you can zone only at physical crossings or by monorail. You have to use the monorail as it originally was: Yellow Line (Atlas, KR, Steel South, Skyway North) and Green Line (Steel North, Talos, Indy North, Brickstown – no Founder's Falls and Skyway South, those were added Issue 9). And no shortcuts through an SG base, because there are no bases!

There's lot of other minor things that have changed, not least of which is the powers themselves. It's a lot easier being an Invulnerability tank these days, for instance! Also, I'm restricting myself from the Positron and Yin TFs since they're so different from the originals. There's plenty of missions changes, too - the Fortune Teller didn't used to be so helpful! So everything isn't exactly as it was, but as I said before, we can come close. So far I've been running solo, but teaming is certainly an option - I'll probably not allow myself to team with anyone more than a level or two higher, just to keep the experience closer to the early days.

My first foray into this challenge is named Classic Hero 2004, a Kinetics/Electric defender. Because I'm a masochist, I'm also running her deathless (in the Iron Eagles SG on Everlasting). Made it to 12, though not without a few hiccups. The removal of hazard zone restrictions means I was given some Perez Park missions before L7, which I had to abandon and get again later. And it was pretty rough doing CoT hunts in King's Row and Perez Park!

Anyway, I'll post some updates here, and if anyone else wants to try it out, I encourage you to share the experience!

This is a hilarious idea! The thing that always strikes me when looking back at the earlier days of gaming is how much more difficult it was. I mean, I remember dying *multiple* times just trying to jog to low-level missions. I am surprised that we tolerated it back then and kept the game going. Can you imagine the kids today going through all that? Games are so much easier now. 

2 hours ago, cranebump said:

HA! That's funny. I think that ought to be the SG motto though. That said, I'm not sure I have a good name to replace it: The Aught-4's, maybe?

Either way, you set it up, I'll join. Just announce the details and I'll be there!

Call "The Old Folks Home" or "Retirement Village"? How about "Uphill Both Ways"?

• Haha 2

Ah, I remember the days of fighting dual orange bosses solo. It was actually okay for my blasters and scrappers, but of course I had severe altitis, and just had to do it with defenders, tankers and controllers too. It could be very time consuming.

Easily the worst part though was getting objectives to defeat AVs in my missions starting in the upper 30s. I couldn't beat AVs, and I didn't want to get help, so when a character filled up all three mission slots with AVs, it was time to retire the character. Thankfully, things changed dramatically for me when AVs started downgrading to EBs and bosses to lieutenants, and we could autocomplete missions.

Edited by Mirai
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jacke said:

. . .

Which begs the question, when did key remapping, Binds, Macros, powexecname, powexecslot, powexectoggleon, powexectoggleoff, targetenemynear, etc. show up in City?

. . .

Binds and macros were in the game at launch. They're in the original manual, and in the Prima guide which was written during Beta.

Slash commands like powexecname and powexecslot are in the Prima guide, but the "targetenemy" commands are not. And powexectoggleon and powexectoggleoff commands were new in Issue 3.

• Like 2

Some other things I'd thought you'd like to know.

Right now all the 5 original origin contacts (the ones in the basement of Atlas Park City Hall) are unlocked for all origins.  Traditionally, from a toon's starting zone (Atlas Park, Galaxy City) you only interacted with a toon's own origin contact for levels 1 to 5, then you got introduced to one of the next tier at level 5.  On every successful mission completion after the first tier contacts, you got introduced to another origin contact in the current tier until you had 5, one for each origin.  After the inital tier of contacts, there were more than 1 for each origin, but a toon would only unlock 1 of them and all would offer the same slate of missions.  Come level 20, you really wished for Talos Island contacts, not Independence Port ones. 😄

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Contacts

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Category:Hero_Contacts_Level_1-4

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Category:Contacts_By_Level

A long time back, I'd read in a few places that the best thing to do up to level 12 with TO enhancements was to use drops for Accuracy and maybe a bit of Endurance Reduction, sell everything else and bank the Influence.  With no TO drops, the Influence revenue isn't that great (though selling low level DOs and SOs may improve it) and you might just want to skip TOs completely and save for DOs at level 12.

TOs can still be bought from Base Quartermasters.  I have 5 NPCs at the entrance to my bases, one of them being a Midnighter Quartermaster.  Here's a macro to enter my SG Bases (1 on every Shard) if the toon is within 45ft of a Base Portal (gets 4 error messages and one works to enter the Base):

/macro "JACKE" "enterbasefrompasscode JACKE-459$$enterbasefrompasscode JACKE-83$$enterbasefrompasscode JACKE-439$$enterbasefrompasscode JACKE-673$$enterbasefrompasscode JACKE-53"

For Salvage drops, to carry things over while doing the Classic Run to level 40, I'd suggest selling all Common and Uncommon Salvage and keeping the Rare for level 40+.  For minimum revenue, could just post it for 1 Inf each on the Auction House.  For Recipe drops, either sell them for 1 Inf each on the Auction House or just carry them or put them in email.

Edited by Jacke

Got to team a bit with @Greycattonight, good fun! We beat up a large number of Tsoo and shut down their Rage Lab. So...many...sorcerers...

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

TOs can still be bought from Base Quartermasters. 

I had not noticed that! That's a great loophole for levels 1-11. Sell the lowbie DO enhancements you can't use, buy trainings from the base instead. And yeah, I'm with you on only slotting accuracy or (in toggles) end redux. Not enough slots to make sense to do anything else before L12 anyway.

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

For Salvage drops, to carry things over while doing the Classic Run to level 40, I'd suggest selling all Common and Uncommon Salvage and keeping the Rare for level 40+.  For minimum revenue, could just post it for 1 Inf each on the Auction House.  For Recipe drops, either sell them for 1 Inf each on the Auction House or just carry them or put them in email.

Yeah. I'm planning on putting "useful" ones in email (or, hey, sending them to another character.) I don't know that common salvage is going to make as big a difference between selling at a vendor and selling cheap on the market. My rares are going into the vault (don't forget there's a link to the vault reserve right in the corner of the salvage window.)

Also, eesh, fighting Tsoo at these restrictions... 😄

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

So,  thoughts after tonight:

- I'm *WAY* too used to having the temp Sands of Mu. I kept looking for it.

- My blaster's more survivable than she was back in the day, thanks to Defiance 2.0. Mez is harder to notice since I'm able to shoot through it.

- Combining insps: Ignore or just take it as part of the game? I was chewing some I didn't need so stuff I *could* use might drop.

- Blast from the past: "You are getting too far from your mentor." "Your mentor is too far away!" (I'm tempted to put those in as local chat macros.)

Edit:

Thinking this'll be the 40 "build." (Granted, I usually am just grabbing powers... trying to grab them the way I did back then. Presence pool substituting for fitness picks. Also need to update to deal with electric and teleport changes, but eh. )

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1302&c=523&a=1046&f=HEX&dc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

Edited by Greycat
  • Haha 1

My approach to ineffablebob's Classic Hero Challenge:

I'm going with a Claws/Dark Armor Scrapper Hero, Jacke Shadowclaw.

20201211a.Jacke_Shadowclaw.thumb.jpg.b03c0e251ac7b599c26332fe51c8bd08.jpg

Most of this costume is from a design of mine from early City, with the head features more recent.

Side note: I've almost always used Outbreak and always gone after the Isolator Badge.  But without P2W powers...

How I'm going to approach Issue 0.

I have two major departures from what was the game in Issue 0 and what others are doing for this challenge.

1. I'm not leaving power pick spaces in the build approximating old Pool Fitness.

I really hate that Builds are so tight and it's too much for me to go back to effectively losing 3 or 4 power picks.  Assumes the original devs suddenly realised that Fitness should be Inherent and made it so for Issue 0 launch, but not all at Level 2 but through Levels 12 to 20.

Not as hardcore as the rest of you, but it's my way to approach Issue 0.

What I'll do in compensation:
    • I won't enhance Swift or Hurdle before Level 12, Health before Level 16, and Stamina before level 20.

• I'm not using Hurdle to avoid taking a Travel power (pioneered by @Luminara) as I'm planning for Combat Jumping at Level 12 and Super Jump at Level 14.

• I'm taking Dark Armor, AKA no Knockback Protection, and won't be taking Acrobatics to change that nor Hover (although after its bug was fixed, it doesn't stop the time loss of knockback).  Hilarity will ensue.

• Dark Armor may be the most survivable of the original Scrapper protection powersets, but but a big part of that is using Dark Regeneration on enemy mobs.  It is also the most Endurance hunger.  In a toon without IOs or other Endurance management beyond power usage, Endurance Reduction Enhancements, and Stamina.

• Leave Sprint running and not slot nor enhance it.

2. I will use my usual UI, with extra icon trays, my WERD Binds, Toggle Turn-on Macros, and Tab Targetting Macros.  Most of it could have been done in Issue 0.

screenshot_201211-10-58-53a.thumb.jpg.282106125b89a037ad0c06c88b9927d3.jpg

Global Chat was added in i3.  Combat Attributes window is i11.  The 3 extra trays are i12.

T is bound to "targetenemynearest" and A is bound to "targetenemynearest$$follow" and they're more powerful.  And I don't know when targetenemynearest was available.  Or for that matter, follow (also bound to Q).

In the Toggle Turn-on Macros, powexectoggleon is used, which is i3.   Stealth cloaks "+S" Macro will only really have Cloak of Darkness, as I won't be getting the Prestige Sprints nor IOs so no Prestige Power Surge to hold Celerity:Stealth.  The Fight shields "+F" Macro will have all the shields, so potentially I might get them up from Level 38 when rezzing with Soul Transfer.  Rezzing next to mobs without Soul Transfer or a massive number of Inspirations to buff to protect is likely just a precursor to seeing the floor again, even with the Toggle Turn-on Macros.

The Tab Targetting Macros use the targetenemy commands, but the main one is set up just to prioritize target Kheldian-specific enemies, otherwise just targetenemynext, which won't make a difference most of the time.

• Now the stuff more in line with the rest of you.

3. No Epic Powers (i3, i21 available Level 35), no Respecs (i2), no Tailors (i1).

4. Notoriety at default +0x1 (adjustment i3).

5. Ignore single-armour-at-a-time, despite it being present until i3.

What were the original devs thinking?!?  That thinking still has its marks on Stone Armor.

6. Don't use Origin powers (i6, i7 permanent) or P2W powers (i25).  Not even Prestige Sprints (which were pre-order specials and equivalent to Sprint).  And fortunately the Inspiration Drops by default have Dual and Team Inspirations turned off.

7. Accept that Sprint was later buffed with a extra unenhanceable +Running Speed buff equivalent to a 75% enhancement of the previous base +Running Speed buff.  Leave the power unenhanced.

8. Accept other unavoidable changes, examples current Super-Sidekicking (i16) and Beginner's Luck (i12, boosts base ToHit from Levels 1 to 20).

9. Ignore Pocket D (i6), The Hollows (i2), Faultine (i8), Striga Island (i3),  Croatoa (i5), Shadow Shard (i2), Peregrine Island (i1), Kallisti Wharf (i25), Incarnate Dark Astoria (i22), TUNNEL (i23), PvP Zones (i6), The Rogue Isles (i6), and Praetoria (i18 on).  Not planning to go to higher Level Zones early, but not sweating where Hazard Zones lost minimum Levels to enter.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Zone_Overview

10. Use the Paragon City Monorail as in Issue 0: Yellow Line and Green Line (i19 linked), transfer on foot in Steel Canyon, no Skyway City South or Founders' Falls stops (i9).

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Paragon_City_Monorail

11. Don't pursue Exploration Badges (i2) primarily to avoid the extra Influence as much as possible.

12. Only street sweep, run the classic contacts for Missions, and Task Forces with the Launch Re-enactors.  No other contacts including for Respec Trials (i2) or the Abandoned Sewer Trial (i1, available Level 38+, and likely a lost cause for non-IOed non-50 toons).

13. Inspirations: don't combine (i12) nor use Breakfree while mezzed (i4) except Immobilized.

14. Enhancements: sell drops at vendors, only use and buy TOs from SG Base Quartermasters, DOs from Level 12 up, and SOs from Level 22 up.

15. Salvage drops: store Rares and some Recipes for the future, else sell for 1 Inf on the AH or dispose via email.

16. Don't take items from email (Global email i17); only use email to dispose can't-use items.

17. Only enter my SG Base at Zone SG Portals, only to buy TOs, to run the Original Positron Task Force from the Pillar of Ice and Flame, or to drop off Salvage or Enhancements, no pickups.

18. Avoid Day Job (i13) locations on logout due to the buffs they provide.

19. Temporarily break these rules to get the Ouroboros Portal Power (SG Base to Night Ward to Midnight Mansion to SG Base to Croatoa to Midnighter Club to Cimerora then back to Atlas Park).

20. Only use Ouroboros to possibily access and streep sweep Echo Zones for Atlas Park, Galaxy City, Faultline, and Dark Astoria more like they were in Issue 0, but not the Rikti Crash Site (i1).

21. Ignore Zone Events including Giant Monsters (i3 on).

22. Everything not Issue 0 or unavoidable or mentioned here or explicitly later, ignore.

Edited by Jacke
  • Like 2

I have put a quartermaster in the base for all your TO-buying needs as well.  (Issue0-18202)