Jump to content

Assassin's focus on missed hits


Pzn
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'd like to suggest awarding stacks of assassin's focus on power activation similar to momentum and energy focus.  I find missing an attack on a stalker equally frustrating with missing on titan weapons prior to the momentum changes.  Since you need 3 stacks of assassin's focus to get a guaranteed critical it's a common occurrence.  This forces you to use a different attack or to use assassin's strike with less than 3 stacks of focus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just pop a yellow or slot for more accuracy. Why should you get a bonus for failing to land an attack? 

 

2 hours ago, josh1622 said:

This forces you to use a different attack or to use assassin's strike with less than 3 stacks of focus.

 

Yeah, and that's fun! You actually have to adapt to the situation and change your attack sequence accordingly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, SentaiLavender said:

Just pop a yellow or slot for more accuracy. Why should you get a bonus for failing to land an attack?

 

Sorry, I don't think I explained my suggestion properly.  I am already at 95% capped hit chance on my stalker builds.  I am talking about the 5% chance to miss being an annoyance like it was for titan weapons.  Prior to the recent update you could still miss 1/20 attacks with titan weapons which made you miss momentum.  Now momentum is granted regardless of whether you hit or miss, similar to how total focus grants energy focus.  Since stalkers need to get 4 hits in a row to land a guaranteed critical AS with the assassin's focus mechanic the 5% chance to miss becomes statistically more probable with each additional hit.  It's fairly common to miss an attack in your chain every other loop or so and makes stalkers feel inconsitent to me when compared to other ATs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, I get what you're saying. I think we just disagree on design principles. I would never want complete 100% accuracy. The frustration of a miss is what makes the hits satisfying, and I like that it forces me to adapt and switch up my rotation. I really don't like how Energy Focus grants stacks even if you miss; it feels like I got something for nothing. I view the instant Assassin's Strike as a bonus (albeit a frequent one), so failing to secure 3 stacks of Assassin's Focus on one rotation doesn't feel like a "punishment" to me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No doubt it would be a straight buff.  I'd just like to see it happen since I'm a fan of the momentum changes and how energy focus works.  If you aren't a fan of those changes I can see why you would dislike my idea.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...