Costume Creators - A Challenge!

Latex

There's some talented costume aficionados in this Community and I'm stuck on something I'd love to make, call it 'Costume-block'.

Faora-Ul from the DC Film and Comic Universe is one of my favorite Villains of all time. It's clear her look- armor in particular- in 2013's Man of Steel is inspired by Alien and H.R. Giger's work. The armor has a sleek almost insectoid look to it and has the addition of a Cape which is difficult to make look and fit well in the best of cases. I wonder if it's doable in City of Villains with all the pieces and tools we have, I don't think it is, thus this post, maybe you have discovered something I haven't when it comes to costume techniques, hints and tricks that could make it plausible.

Another addition would be Powersets, what set do you think Faora-Ul would use? Super Strength? Street Fighting? Kinetic Melee? Invul? I'm keen to see anyone's ideas and brave attempts at a Costume!

nemmyAP.jpg

8rKNHPf.jpg

Well, obviously it's not possible to recreate her exactly, but I think it's definitely viable to put together an "inspired by" costume. Various Organic Armor, Circle of Thorns and Overguard pieces all have potential for the look you're going for, and the Celestial chest detail even has a vaguely "Kryptonian house insignia" bit in the center. Something textured underneath the plates also helps to hide that pieces from different sets don't always have lines that jive with one another -- Olympian Guard is probably more movie-accurate but I like Chainmail to provide something more interesting in motion with the light reflecting off the links.

In general I think Kryptonians would probably mostly have Invulnerability and/or Super Strength, though there's definitely room for some variation; in  Faora's case I'd probably go with a brute.

Untitled.png

• Like 2

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)